ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, March 8th Nebraska vs South Alabama (Huskers lose 11-3)

Happy they are playing. Those South Alabama boys just might not be as focused on the game as they are the cold🥶⚾️.
Put on your long johns and enjoy the home opener.
GBR

I mean come on. Real feel temp at 12:30 is 27. Minimum is 28 to even play. Might get there by 4pm but to win the home opener by freezing the opponent while fair by the books is a bit underhanded in my opinion. Sat through many over the years shivering. Selfish. Do a twin bill tomorrow and think about the fans for once.

Selfish, no. Ask the kids in Michigan or Northwestern.
What about the world series in the middle of October. How about MLB ist week of baseball in April in Chicago? You want to be a pro baseball player? You better be ready to play in any kind of weather. Play ball. Harder on the fans than the players and how about them south teams. First 10 or so games at home. North teams first 10 or so away. Selfish. Hell no. Play ball. GBR

BS. Selfish from fans perspective. Can EASILY do a twin bill tomorrow when it’s much nicer weather for this NON CONFERENCE game. Save me the bravado about major league blah blah blah. We all get that, including me. Play two tomorrow is much more accommodating to the fans. You still get both games in.

Have not missed a home opener at Haymarket Park. Was really looking forward to today. Long and behold God had other plans for me. Had a stroke Tuesday. Happy to be alive. Not sure when my next home game will be and you weenies are pissing and moaning about a little cold weather. Yeah BS is right. What next? To hot in June for a regional. GBR

Have not missed a home opener at Haymarket Park. Was really looking forward to today. Long and behold God had other plans for me. Had a stroke Tuesday. Happy to be alive. Not sure when my next home game will be and you weenies are pissing and moaning about a little cold weather. Yeah BS is right. What next? To hot in June for a regional. GBR
Sorry about the rant. Guess I'm just a little emotional today. Hope the Huskers have a good game today and we get some good weather for all us fans. GBR

BS. Selfish from fans perspective. Can EASILY do a twin bill tomorrow when it’s much nicer weather for this NON CONFERENCE game. Save me the bravado about major league blah blah blah. We all get that, including me. Play two tomorrow is much more accommodating to the fans. You still get both games in.
I’m quite surprised at this line of thinking. Playing in March weather at home against a southern team who agreed to come here at this time is unsportsmanlike? Nonsense.

As for being more accommodating to fans, I also disagree with that point. If they push to a double-header tomorrow, fans with tickets to today’s game don’t get tickets to tomorrow’s games or a refund. They get GA tickets to some other game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT