ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, February 16th Nebraska vs. Baylor (Huskers win 4-1)

I posted this on the main forum....but here's my preview of the season nobody should care about:

Bottom line.

Bolt re-tooled everything after last year. New coaches (REALLY excellent coaches IMO). Replaced a LOT of the lineup, lots of new faces.

So you go into the year knowing that you're replacing some incredible offensive talent in Max and Brice. You are also replacing your Friday / Saturday starters.

Generally in college baseball that's kind of tough to do. It's hard to have a good read on what to expect out of that.

My personal expectation: Postseason. Get there.

Do I personally think Bolt should be fired if he doesn't? No....or at least it depends on how the team "looks". It would take quite the collapse for that. But it would make his 2025 seat feel pretty uncomfortable.

Team Breakdown:
Starting Pitching
I really like Sears, think he'll be great this year. Walsh was the kind of "just solid" guy last year, hopefully he can be an innings eater again. Clark has some talent, hopefully the mental side comes around.

If Christo can get it put together he has some of the best arm talent.

Timmerman is a young arm that could be super valuable out of the pen.

Infield
C - Caron / Columbus
1B - Sanderson vs Stone...LOVE Sanderson, but Stone is no joke. Could be hard to keep both bats out of the lineup (lefties)
2B - Brumbaugh - Solid glove, we'll see on the bat
SS - Carey shifting over to short, he's got a great glove and I think you'll see his bat improve this year.
3B - Overbeek
Outfield
New guy Silva will be the CF barring disaster. Great speed, probably leadoff hitter
Corners: Swanson / Anglim...people forget Swanson last year had 18 homers and was just behind Brice and Max. Anglim was hot AF to start the year and after he came back from injury he struggled a bit

Cole Evans will be the first off the bench probably. His bat really came on last year, excited to see what he'll do.

My guess at a lineup (total guess...really curious how close I get)
1-Silva
2-Carey
3-Swanson
4-Anglim
5-Stone (DH)
6-Sanderson
7-Caron
8-Overbeek
9-Brumbaugh

Really like that 1-6.

Disclaimer:
This is the opinion of @sklarbodds and not necessarily a reflection of Husker baseball fans in general or Trev Alberts.

• Wow
Reactions: frostonthegrass
Major League Baseball GIF by Laff

It's available on streaming for $29.99. Kinda pricey

They will be on this site against Charleston too so 6 games in two weeks then cancel. Pricey yes but for Feb baseball totally worth it.

Great first win. Bats struggled against a Friday night starter but not as much as they struggled against ours so I'll take it. Huge test tomorrow.
Yup, nice to get the bats going a bit later in the game. Need a bit more patience tomorrow from the jump lots of chasing in the first 5 innings, though plate ump had a bit of a wide zone.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT