ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Big 10 Co-Coach of the Year

Purdue wasn't supposed to win the conference last season and won it by 3 games and Painter got trumped last year by Chris Collins barely qualifying for the NCAA tournament.

IMO, Painter should've won last year and Hoiberg has a strong case this year but it doesn't seem right that Purdue could win the conference by 3 games in back-to-back years (hasn't been done since late 70's IU) without top level talent and not merit a COTY award in either season.

Purdue wasn't supposed to win the conference last season and won it by 3 games and Painter got trumped last year by Chris Collins barely qualifying for the NCAA tournament.

IMO, Painter should've won last year and Hoiberg has a strong case this year but it doesn't seem right that Purdue could win the conference by 3 games in back-to-back years (hasn't been done since late 70's IU) without top level talent and not merit a COTY award in either season.
I swear you boiler fans have alerts set up over here...

And they put 6 people on the first team...does everything really have to be soooooo hard.

Just have the ****ing coaches do it and hell, even the players. The media doesn't need to vote.
agreed.

most media members don't watch 1/2 the games many here do.

they are hacks. can't wait until college football treats the AP Poll like college basketball has for years: meaningless.

No top level talent they had the fkn ncaa player of the year last year. Moron

agreed.

they are hacks. can't wait until college football treats the AP Poll like college basketball has for years: meaningless.

should have been unanimous

he earned it
Well hold on Kong…
Painter has more wins than Hoiberg.
According to your logic with the starting QB, level of competition and the people around you don’t play a factor, all that matters is wins.
So you think that Painter should be the winner, right?

I swear you boiler fans have alerts set up over here...
Haven't been over here all season I don't think. Was headed over here to congratulate Hoiberg and this was at the top of the board.

I have no problem with Hoiberg getting the award, which he did. But like I said earlier, I don't see how Painter doesn't merit the award either season where Purdue won the conference by 3 games in back-to-back season. If it were me, I'd have voted for Painter last season and Hoiberg this season but since Northwestern has perpetual crap expectations and they get a ticker-tape parade and a BTN special everytime they make the NCAA tournament, Collins got it last year. I think Painter got more votes this year because of the cumulative effect of their performance over two years and the fact that Collins got the award last season.
No top level talent they had the fkn ncaa player of the year last year. Moron
He was the 430-something player in his recruiting class. Is part of coaching not developing players? Does the coach not get credit for that if a lowly-rated player does well in multiple seasons?

Well hold on Kong…
Painter has more wins than Hoiberg.
According to your logic with the starting QB, level of competition and the people around you don’t play a factor, all that matters is wins.
So you think that Painter should be the winner, right?
nobody does less with more than sloppy fatso matt painter

here are the seeds that have bounced him in his last 3 tournaments, all as a 4 or higher:

13, 15, 16

when you look up "loser" in the dictionary, a photo of his disgusting gunt is the first thing you see

agreed.

The AP CBB comes out and people are like "oh" because they know it is pretty worthless.

Reactions: king_kong_
nobody does less with more than sloppy fatso matt painter

here are the seeds that have bounced him in his last 3 tournaments, all as a 3 or higher:

13, 15, 16

when you look up "loser" in the dictionary, a photo of his disgusting gunt is the first thing you see
I’m not disagreeing. But according to your logic all that matters is win%. And his is higher.

I’m not disagreeing. But according to your logic all that matters is win%. And his is higher.
if you don't understand my logic, please don't try and use it against me

makes you look really bad & rather desperate

regular season college basketball games cannot be compared to regular season college football games, where 1 loss essentially ends your season and 2 losses definitely ends your season.

winning in the dance is all that matters in college hoops. and fat matt fails miserably in that department.

we will see how Fred fares in his first go.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Haven't been over here all season I don't think. Was headed over here to congratulate Hoiberg and this was at the top of the board.

I have no problem with Hoiberg getting the award, which he did. But like I said earlier, I don't see how Painter doesn't merit the award either season where Purdue won the conference by 3 games in back-to-back season. If it were me, I'd have voted for Painter last season and Hoiberg this season but since Northwestern has perpetual crap expectations and they get a ticker-tape parade and a BTN special everytime they make the NCAA tournament, Collins got it last year. I think Painter got more votes this year because of the cumulative effect of their performance over two years and the fact that Collins got the award last season.

He was the 430-something player in his recruiting class. Is part of coaching not developing players? Does the coach not get credit for that if a lowly-rated player does well in multiple seasons?
I bet this topic will be straight fire on the PU board...

Ohhhh, start a topic that shows the NCAA rule book enforcement of 3 seconds in the lane. You guys will EAT that up. "Look here, Edey CLEARY lifted his foot up, which starts the count over"

I bet this topic will be straight fire on the PU board...

Ohhhh, start a topic that shows the NCAA rule book enforcement of 3 seconds in the lane. You guys will EAT that up. "Look here, Edey CLEARY lifted his foot up, which starts the count over"
Don't need to. We already know the rule.

regular season college basketball games cannot be compared to regular season college football games, where 1 loss essentially ends your season and 2 losses definitely ends your season.

winning in the dance is all that matters in college hoops. and fat matt fails miserably in that department.

Amen!

Oh, interesting because you guys never think Edey has been in the lane for 3 seconds.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Good luck with your horrible football team that ran off your best coach you ever had.
Brohm was from Louisville and wanted to go back there. Nobody ran him off. Either way, he wasn't our best football coach ever. And, for the record, I'm not a fan of our current coach.

I saw hypocrisy from one of the most vocal and opinionated people on the board. Thought I’d stir things up. Super desperate.

Last edited:

COTY should only reflect his performance this year. What Painter did or didn’t do last year should have no bearing on this year’s COTY.

I saw hypocrisy from one of the most vocal and opinionated person on the board. Thought I’d stir things up. Super desperate.
if you read my extraordinarily simple explanation, you'll see there's no hypocrisy whatsoever

but, you won't. or you will read it with your rigid mind already made up, rendering you incapable of understanding.

Not saying painter is not a good coach and did do a good job of developing Eddy . But this award is based on the 23-24 season Purdue was picked 1st and finished there. Nebraska 13 amd finished 3rd . Purdue had 2 first team all conference players.Nebraska a 3rd teamer and a honorable mention. What happened last year can’t affect this year.

Coach A - team is unanimously predicted to finish first and does with Big Ten and national player of the year plus another first team all-conference player and the conference 6th man of the year.

Coach B - team is predicted to finish 12th or worse and finishes third with one third team all conference player.

Who the hell says those two coaching jobs are equal?

Edit: forgot to mention also Coach B beat Coach A in only head to head match up.

Brohm was from Louisville and wanted to go back there. Nobody ran him off. Either way, he wasn't our best football coach ever. And, for the record, I'm not a fan of our current coach.
You guys ran him off because you suck at football and fan support.

Wait til next season when your games vs anyone not being NU/OSU or Michigan only have 18,000 fans in the stands.

Yep, the resident Purdue fan will be here soon to talk and also tell us how Purdue will win a natty in football within 3 years because their recruiting is probably the best ever.
"I guess I don't see how recruiting is bad...right now we have TWO top 300 recruits committed for next year"

Thanks!

Also, imagine being a PU football and you realize you are just a minor league team. If they ever have a good player, that dude is GONE the second that clock hits zero of the last game of the season.

COTY should only reflect his performance this year. What Painter did or didn’t do last year should have no bearing on this year’s COTY.
Agree. He should've won last year. Hoiberg should've won this year. Just saying I think last year swayed some votes for this year. Don't agree with it.

Reactions: V-Doub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT