ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Solich Honored at Spring Game

Frank Solich: The man, the myth, and the Legend will be at the spring game to be honored. I have this on good authority from Trev Alberts. He told me and the wife this at diner earlier today was just waiting for the all clear to be able to tell you guys. GBR
I appreciate what a REAL analyst can bring to the table. Thanks World!

I am fine recognizing Solich for what he did as a player and assistant coach.

However, there is no way to whitewash his head coaching disaster at Nebraska. I can’t think of another coach who inherited that much and just pissed it all away.

Our original sin was cronyism with his hire, not firing him.

They should take him to midfield in a clown car while they play highlights from all his losses after he ran out of Osborne’s players.

Reactions: cruelhalo
This to me is huge. We’re breaking the curse. This is the biggest step thus far this offseason.

I think we’re back. Honestly. It would be even better if they offered him a1 day contract and had an exorcist lead him onto the field sprinkling holy water.

You can tap me for kool aid right now I got so much flowing through me.

I am fine recognizing Solich for what he did as a player and assistant coach.

However, there is no way to whitewash his head coaching disaster at Nebraska. I can’t think of another coach who inherited that much and just pissed it all away.

Our original sin was cronyism with his hire, not firing him.
This is all just simply ignorant. Not even worth the time.

They should take him to midfield in a clown car while they play highlights from all his losses after he ran out of Osborne’s players.
63769562.jpg

How is it a curse? Ruth was traded from the Sox to the Yankees and was Babe F@cking Ruth.
Solich was fired and did meh.

Reactions: bigboxes
Frank Solich: The man, the myth, and the Legend will be at the spring game to be honored. I have this on good authority from Trev Alberts. He told me and the wife this at diner earlier today was just waiting for the all clear to be able to tell you guys. GBR
#1) check
Now just a couple things left to do.
#2) bring back blonde herbie husker
#3) sacrifice lil red on 50 yd line
#4) return of balloons 🎈

I'll probably get laughed off the board for this, but here it goes. The 2003 season was fool's gold. OU, KSU, and UT had lapped us and lesser teams (OSU, Mizzou, ISU) were occasionally beating us as well. The 2003 season was nicely set up with a soft schedule and some salty defensive players in a new scheme that the Big 12 hadn't figured out yet. The offense had gone stale. It would be difficult to get skill position recruits going forward with this offense. 2004 would likely have produced a 6 or 7 win season with Solich while UT and OU continued to put us in their rearview mirror. Pedeson's decisions, timing, etc are a whole other matter. Solich is the company man retiring after a long tenure. His last few years were not his best, but he put in a lot of dedicated work. He deserves recognition.

Frank's last year without any Osborne players the team was 10-3. Frank won 58 games in six years in Lincoln! So not sure you can say he failed once Osborne's players were gone!
Yeah BUT 3 losses. I’m not a Frank hater but he was not an elite coach. Hindsight says we screwed up bigtime by firing him but there were probably going to be more 7-7 years along with some blowouts that would eventually cost him his job. His life got a lot less stressful when he moved to Ohio. I have zero doubt that he had other power 5 opportunities while at Ohio.

Osborne lost three games 8 times. I am not arguing that Frank was a great coach. I am just saying he was not just dependant on Osborne players. That is all I was saying! His 6th season he was 10-3. That is NOT dependant on Osborne players. Look at the record after Frank was gone. Call it fools gold or anything you want. However we have not won ten games since! And I was for Frank being fired when he was. There were also other things involved in the timing of his firing!

Reactions: bshirt73
Good points. Winning 10 games in a season is nothing to sneeze at. We all wish we could win 10 games now! I think that the way those losses played out (blowouts to 3 conference rivals) was a factor. KSU blew us out for the second year in a row. They were talking trash and running up the score. Mizzou and UT had young stars at QB that would only get better. OU was playing in a national championship that year. We won 10 games on paper, but were miles behind the best teams in the conference. I'm not sure you can say the same about Osborne's 3 loss teams.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Frank's last year without any Osborne players the team was 10-3. Frank won 58 games in six years in Lincoln! So not sure you can say he failed once Osborne's players were gone!
Sure can. That 2003 schedule was a joke (people forget, but look it up) and we got embarrassed by the teams with a pulse.

I'll probably get laughed off the board for this, but here it goes. The 2003 season was fool's gold. OU, KSU, and UT had lapped us and lesser teams (OSU, Mizzou, ISU) were occasionally beating us as well. The 2003 season was nicely set up with a soft schedule and some salty defensive players in a new scheme that the Big 12 hadn't figured out yet. The offense had gone stale. It would be difficult to get skill position recruits going forward with this offense. 2004 would likely have produced a 6 or 7 win season with Solich while UT and OU continued to put us in their rearview mirror. Pedeson's decisions, timing, etc are a whole other matter. Solich is the company man retiring after a long tenure. His last few years were not his best, but he put in a lot of dedicated work. He deserves recognition.
2003 schedule was a joke. They had to wait 20 years to do this so people would forget how far we fell and how bad we were.

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT