ADVERTISEMENT

Fitzpatrick's Dad, "Glad as hell" son not N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to pick a fight, but it seemed like he was pretty specific about what happened. You are free to doubt him, but he was specific. Just saying.
That his dad accepted money? You actually believe that? And even if he did, some rando Husker poster in Omaha would know all about it? C'mon man.

Also, is he told the coaches he was (percentage greater than 100%) that he was committed to Nebraska but out of respect owed L-ville a visit. Husker coaches cancel WR visit for the weekend. He goes to L-ville. The rest is history.
Welcome to recruiting high school kids.

Reactions: jeans15
how would you know anything? hearsay?
someone who told someone something that started from a nebraska fan?
its a guaranteed knee jerk reaction from fans that when they lose a committed recruit there is some sinister dynamic or more frequently cheating going on.
i won t say cheating doesn't happen but to automatically assume that is some kind of human reaction to bad news.
not reality

How do I know anything that I share? Punks like SA have called me out going on 12 years now and in the end, what I share is always the last one standing. There is no knee-jerk reaction, I call it as I see it, know it, or I'm clear that I don't know.

And just like clockwork, here's the patented HTO backpedal when he gets called out. You're too easy man.

Backpedal on his dad taking money, and the high probability his younger son gets offered? GTFO, there's no backpedal, mouth.

He doesn't know. He's an attention seeker and he's found refuge on this board.

You're really struggling.

Reactions: WuTang_Husker
That his dad accepted money? You actually believe that? And even if he did, some rando Husker poster in Omaha would know all about it? C'mon man.

The detail about his younger brother having a place saved for him at L-ville is pretty specific, IYAM. And yes, I believe it. This is an anonymous message board, but it doesn't mean everyone on here is clueless to that level of information. There are groups that know A LOT about what is going on. Not all on this specific board.

What he said lines up with information I received from an independent party, and the party I usually get info from is spot on.

I'm not an insider. I'm not claiming to be. I trust the person I talk to and every time I ask him about something, what he tells me generally transpires. I'd be a fool not to trust what he tells me.

Reactions: Yossarian23
Well lets just look at what we know. Fitzpatrick was committed to UL for quite some time, came to Nebraska on a visit, and re-opened his recruiting. It has been said by numerous legit sources that he was a silent commit for the huskers. So what happened on this particular visit that swayed him back to a school he was committed to for a very long time, but had de-committed from?

Um, you called him out for not being specific, he got specific, and you didn't like it. See the problem?
"His dad accepted money." That's all it takes for specificity for you? You guys are like a sewing circle. Laughing

If they wanted to be in the spotlight, they got it, and they got the negative that comes with the spotlight. Real life is not some made for tv family channel movie.

I suppose if I could tell the dad one thing, those NU fans are only tweeting because they wanted Dez at NU. Take it as a compliment.

You're really struggling.
bd9b8293473456f32ec166c7bc09e67ced6b07355ee9793dd8ed6b5efb6d031b.jpg

Well lets just look at what we know. Fitzpatrick was committed to UL for quite some time, came to Nebraska on a visit, and re-opened his recruiting. It has been said by numerous legit sources that he was a silent commit for the huskers. So what happened on this particular visit that swayed him back to a school he was committed to for a very long time, but had de-committed from?
Probably the same with Stringfellow who flipped to Ole Mi$$ at the last hour. Probably why Ole Mi$$ is facing probation now. Dirty business.

Reactions: siebo454
Probably the same with Stringfellow who flipped to Ole Mi$$ at the last hour. Probably why Ole Mi$$ is facing probation now. Dirty business.

Stringfellow was a lesser amount. Riley would've overcame that pretty easy, Bo just flipped a lid and lost it when it happened.

LOL and you're still backpedaling! LOL this is so damn easy. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Someone doesn't know what backpedaling is.

MjAxMi0yN2E0N2I0MjRhMzYyYzhh.png

Reactions: Yossarian23
LOL and you're still backpedaling! LOL this is so damn easy. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

I'm really not picking sides, but all you are saying is, "you're backpedaling", but do you realize he has to go back on what he said in order to back pedal? I don't have a problem with you, but you're sort of being a turd. You pushed him for specificity, he gave some, and then you said he's backpedaling. Seems like he did the opposite of backpedal. Unless I'm missing something?

I'm really not picking sides, but all you are saying is, "you're backpedaling", but do you realize he has to go back on what he said in order to back pedal? I don't have a problem with you, but you're sort of being a turd. You pushed him for specificity, he gave some, and then you said he's backpedaling. Seems like he did the opposite of backpedal. Unless I'm missing something?
He got called out and is now throwing insults (i.e. backpedaling). Some get called out and man up, some get butthurt and whine. He, predictably, went with the latter.

You're missing his jealousy, nothing more or less.

just reading some of the posts on here the past couple of days - it doesn't surprise me a bit this happened and someone is actually surprised? Nice try saying well, they would have done it too - sound like two grade schools kids making excuses. The fact is there are some fans who do not do us any favors with their comments and some of them live on this forum.

Reactions: nuiscool
If you don't like attention seekers, don't pay attention to them. That's why it's extremely hard for me to follow recruiting, watch press conferences, fight on a message board, etc. etc. etc.

This is all 100% on a few lame ass Husker fans...period.

With that said...parents are usually crazy when it comes to sports...I know many here in the Omaha area...especially in the private schools...and the things some parents do for their kids (sports) is freaking crazy.

Waterford Mott wide receiver Dez Fitzpatrick was right the first time.

More than a year after he verbally committed to Louisville and just over two months after he decommitted from Louisville, Fitzpatrick decided he will play his college football at ... Louisville.

Fitzpatrick declared his allegiance to Louisville once again this afternoon in the school auditorium, two days before he can sign a binding national letter of intent.

Fitzgerald, 6-feet-2, was named to the Free Press all-state Dream Team this season and is ranked No. 12 on the Free Press' Fab 50 list of in-state recruits.

After transferring from Farmington, Fitzpatrick caught 60 passes for 1,350 yards and 25 touchdowns at Mott this season. He was also a standout in the secondary and had seven interceptions.

Despite only being around for one year, Mott coach Chris Fahr said Fitzpatrick left his mark on the program.

“He made a huge difference in our program and made a difference for the younger kids,’’ Fahr said. “He’s a tremendous leader. We had to win our last four games to get into the playoffs, and he carried us on his back.’’

Fitzpatrick committed to Louisville the first time Oct. 13, 2014. He decommitted Nov. 22, 2015, a few weeks after visiting Nebraska.

“Really, I just didn’t know; it was in the middle of my season,’’ he said of his first commitment. “I had a change of heart, kind of a little bit. I was just confused. I went down to Nebraska. That was a huge influence on why I decommitted.’’

He also visited Indiana in early December and also considered Arizona but never visited there.

“I went down to Indiana, and that was another big visit that made me think about it again,’’ Fitzpatrick said. “But this last weekend showed me I need to be a Louisville Cardinal.’’

Fitzpatrick got the feeling he might recommit to Louisville the closer he got to campus.

“Really, right when I saw the exit -- Exit 3, University of Louisville -- my heart dropped,’’ he said. “I thought this might be the place I need to come back. I just felt at home. I knew that was the school to be at, and I just want to spend my next three to four years there.’’

The turning point might have been a meeting with Louisville coach Bobby Petrino, who explained exactly where Fitzpatrick would fit into the offense. He also mentioned that the offense would be changing to emphasize the passing game.

“Coach was telling me where he would put me, a high chance of playing early,’’ Fitzpatrick said. “He says I’m a real difference maker, and I would be a program changer at the University of Louisville. Coach Petrino and I had a long talk, and he said he wants me to come home and he believes in his heart I should be a Cardinal.’’

Greg Fitzpatrick, Dez’s father, accompanied him on the trip to Louisville. He indicated that, before the Louisville visit, the youngster had decided to attend Nebraska.

“My main goal was to let him go down there, visit, experience it one more time, and see if he was moved,’’ Greg said. “I didn’t talk to Desmond about his feelings his entire trip. On the way home is when he just kind of mentioned that he was having some trepidation and was thinking about possibly changing his decision.’’

Sunday evening was family-meeting time, and when Fitzpatrick awoke this morning, he said he knew where he was headed.

“Even coming back from Louisville, on the drive back, I didn’t know what school to go to still,’’ Fitzpatrick said. “I was still completely unaware. And then I woke up this morning, and I knew I needed to be a Cardinal.’’

There's his story, and he's sticking to it. Win some, lose some, on to the next one!;)

You're getting the attention you wanted. Now we know 2 things, (1) you don't understand what backpedaling is and (2) you don't understand what butthurt is.

This isn't surprising.
First backpedaling, then butthurt, now denial. You hit the trifecta! LaughingLaughingLaughing

If you don't like attention seekers, don't pay attention to them. That's why it's extremely hard for me to follow recruiting, watch press conferences, fight on a message board, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoy putting him in his place.

"His dad accepted money." That's all it takes for specificity for you? You guys are like a sewing circle. Laughing
Do you need a dollar amount or something? Name of the bagman who gave them the envelope of cash? Audio recording of Petrino saying lil bro has a guaranteed offer?

Its Louisville. Its Petrino. I believe they would pay players in a heartbeat. You dont? Good for you.

Do you need a dollar amount or something? Name of the bagman who gave them the envelope of cash? Audio recording of Petrino saying lil bro has a guaranteed offer?

Its Louisville. Its Petrino. I believe they would pay players in a heartbeat. You dont? Good for you.
Maybe there's a Petrino note out there like the one the scumbag left his Atlanta Falcons players after he disappeared like a spineless thief in the night. Sick

No I don't. Takes a little more than a rumor from a message board hero hundreds of miles away for me to believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT