ADVERTISEMENT

Fitzpatrick Commitment Video

scottym800

Sophomore
Oct 19, 2005
Is this a thing now?

Going to Louisville. Good luck to the young man.

Last edited:
Stronger-than-Oak1.jpg

Wow... I know the kid is super talented, so this isn't a slight on that. But if this is the way he handles himself... PASS. I about got nausea a few times with Kenny Bell's act over the years, and this dude sounds like part deux of that. Would rather have someone else who works nonstop and lays low when he isn't over this kid.

I guess I enjoyed the video. Wish it were an 'N' on the football, but I had no problem with the video. He was just having some fun with the announcement.

Edit: now if the video was poorly put together, that would have been a different story.

No dude. There not attacking him because of his choice, there attacking the stupid game he played on our staff and the Husker fans. I'm with all these guys above, it makes no sense and was simply a game to say "hey look at me, give me attention, show love and in the end I'm going right back the school I just on there ass".

Now hopefully we will all be happy after Lamar Jackson picks the Huskers. Like I said days ago, if I had to pick between Jackson or Fitz, I'd take Lamar all day. Hopefully on signing day Simmons makes us forget all about Mr attention Fitzpatrick.

Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over this kid. Already have some studs in this class, plus good players already at the position. Then add in the fact that Williams is already in on some big time WR's for 2017.

Also over/under 3 years before Petrino has a scandal or gets another job?

Reactions: scottym800
If that would have been an N on that football people here would have loved it ... we didn't like where he committed so we are are attacking how he chose to commit
Not me. I hate this kind of stuff. Don't like the hat game or any of it. Make your decision public and be done with it. Cut all of the dramatics and the inflated sense of self-worth. I probably wouldn't bother to watch it even if I knew he picked Nebraska. I hope we don't have anybody do this stuff because frankly I find it embarrassing.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Lamar Jackson doing a similar video tomorrow. If he's N, we'll see if the there's a change of tune from some posters....

Nebraska has never had a lot of success with 'hat' selection process. so far, 0 fer 1 on the video selection process. Kind of scares me that LJ is doing one.

My only problem with the video is just let the teams that are not in know. No need to keep the suspense involved. His dad's comments in the article was telling alone. Just make your choice and gon on with the extra bullsh!t.. N or not...

I'm pretty sure that video took a good amount of time to make... that was not a half hour project. That being said he could have been working on it for 6 months and easily/quickly changed the team, (all he would have to do is reshoot the football scene). He might even want to do work in film/tv/radio at some point in his life too, so that may have been a little mini-audition. Could have even reopened his recruitment just to show his video.

At any length, no one should feel slighted by this video or assume he is narcissistic just because he was perceived to be a lock and picked lesser program at the last moment through a well thought out and orchestrated video production.

The video was pretty cool. Very professionally done. Too bad he wasn't "N" but who could blame him? We won five games last year.

The video was pretty cool. Very professionally done. Too bad he wasn't "N" but who could blame him? We won five games last year.
Not to quibble, but I'm pretty sure we won the bowl game as well...

And yes, the video was very well done.

I'm pretty sure that video took a good amount of time to make... that was not a half hour project. That being said he could have been working on it for 6 months and easily/quickly changed the team, (all he would have to do is reshoot the football scene). He might even want to do work in film/tv/radio at some point in his life too, so that may have been a little mini-audition. Could have even reopened his recruitment just to show his video.

At any length, no one should feel slighted by this video or assume he is narcissistic just because he was perceived to be a lock and picked lesser program at the last moment through a well thought out and orchestrated video production.

He made 4 videos a week ago, and he told Bleacher Report last night which one to play today.

Wow, it doesn't get much cheezier than that. How things have changed...for the worse. Good luck kid. I wish you well.

Last edited:
Not to quibble, but I'm pretty sure we won the bowl game as well...

And yes, the video was very well done.

The video may have been well done, but I just can't fathom a person spending the time to write out a script, enlist a parent, and videotape all over town...just to commit to a school. Well beyond my scope of usual and customary. It made me wretch. Dual sport: Football and Thesbian.

Reactions: Redblood23
Lamar Jackson doing a similar video tomorrow. If he's N, we'll see if the there's a change of tune from some posters....

I would love to have both players in, but this video is ridiculous. Gawd I hate how crappy music videos and selfies have rotted the gray matter of kids.

I guess I'm continually amazed at how folks expect recruits to act. Top level recruits at that. Rivals250-WR-Mike-Riley-better-get-them-or-he's-fired level of recruits.

Its cool and all we get a baller every now and again that acts like Janovich or Gangwish and does photo ops on the farm or out huntin' or whatever, but the bulk of recruits we *should* be chasing have pretty much none of that background (one might say especially for the skill positions since we seem to have resumed TO's 500mile radius for OL in particular, and importing skill).

Edit: Especially with our 400k a year WR coach. He's take WR prima donna-ism and made it a relatively positive trait for taking pride in ones position and the folks that play it. Its pretty safe to say we probably will see more Carter/Irvin type attitude players than we will Petersons.

The video may have been well done, but I just can't fathom a person spending the time to write out a script, enlist a parent, and videotape all over town...just to commit to a school. Well beyond my scope of usual and customary. It made me wretch. Dual sport: Football and Thesbian.
Agreed-I don't care whether it's well done or not. In fact, the fact somebody spends a lot of time on this speaks even lower of it. It means you are spending way too much time on promoting yourself for something that does not need to have that much time spent on it. I mean, look at Matt Farniok-all he did was send out a tweet saying he was committing to Nebraska. What's wrong with just doing that? Make your choice and be done with it and cut out all the overwrought "hey, look at me!" crap.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Agreed-I don't care whether it's well done or not. In fact, the fact somebody spends a lot of time on this speaks even lower of it. It means you are spending way too much time on promoting yourself for something that does not need to have that much time spent on it. I mean, look at Matt Farniok-all he did was send out a tweet saying he was committing to Nebraska. What's wrong with just doing that? Make your choice and be done with it and cut out all the overwrought "hey, look at me!" crap.

I think bottom line for the board was, he was good enough for Williams, and until he shunned us, he was good enough for us.

Since we didn't win, now we start talking about inane things that have no bearing about his recruitability. Perhaps we should mock him because he might like Under Armour and that's just too trendy for us Adidas kids ;)

For all we know, the kid got time off of school to conduct his business. I'm not a showboater by trade, but I would have taken that in a minute flat if the school let me.

I honestly wish I wouldn't have taken the time to watch the video. It really soured me on this kid.

From about 25 feet away, I watched a man win his first national title after toiling for over 20 years. When his players tried to pick him up and put him on their shoulders to call attention to his accomplishment, he had none of it, and asked them to put him down. Kids today could learn a thing or two about humility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT