ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz to Nebraska?

Nov 14, 2020
Watching Northwestern getting beat by Michigan and wonder if Fitz would ever leave for another job? In the same division nonetheless. If Frost doesn’t figure this thing out Fitz would be my top choice even though he likely never leaves, but I wonder if Northwestern isn’t holding him back, could he excel at a place like Nebraska.

Watching Northwestern getting beat by Michigan and wonder if Fitz would ever leave for another job? In the same division nonetheless. If Frost doesn’t figure this thing out Fitz would be my top choice even though he likely never leaves, but I wonder if Northwestern isn’t holding him back, could he excel at a place like Nebraska.
He will never leave NW..He has it made there..

I'd take Fitzgerald in a heartbeat. IMO he is the best coach in the Big Ten West right now. NW has never been a winning program and has done more there than anyone else besides that one season they won the Big Ten eons ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves for a new job. Lot's of people assumed he would be a lifer at Northwestern, but he has already started to flirt with other jobs at the NFL level. He always speaks highly of Nebraska.

Northwestern is HOME to him. He meets the expectations of the university. I am not sure if he would even leave for the NFL.

Reactions: GaRed
Northwestern just invested a ton of money into facilities upon his request. They love him and he loves the University. Stranger things have happened but him leaving would be very strange.

Reactions: Boiler_B
He loves NW. Alum and born in Illinois. Long-term contract. Wins occasionally and exceeds expectations. Doubt he'd ever leave unless it's a desire to coach in NFL with Bears.

He turned down the Packers interview to stay at NW, he has a contract through 2030. Don’t see any way he leaves.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He loves NW. Alum and born in Illinois. Long-term contract. Wins occasionally and exceeds expectations. Doubt he'd ever leave unless it's a desire to coach in NFL with Bears.
I agree with this, would just wonder if he would entertain an offer to coach at a school that could be easier to recruit to and have a higher ceiling than NW. I have a ton of respect for the guy. Have always liked his toughness and the ability to do more with less than arguably anyone in college football

Reactions: Hail Varsity
No thanks. He's perfect for Northwestern. Overachieves one year, then shits the bed the next. He's a thoroughly average coach imo.

Reactions: pharvey0829
No thanks. He's perfect for Northwestern. Overachieves one year, then shits the bed the next. He's a thoroughly average coach imo.
Yeah that every other year of overachieving would really cramp our style, we like to wallow in the shit every year

I don’t see this happening. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.

It is not common for a HC in one conference to leave to be HC at another school in the same conference. I can see this happening in a case like Bielma in which he left Wisconsin for Arkansas (SEC) and came back a few years later to the BIG-10 to coach Illinois.

No....jesus shut the fvck up with this type of bullshit.

Reactions: c_broadus
If he took the Nebraska job he's stupider than I thought. Stay at NW forever or come to Nebraska and be fired in 4 years... hmmm...
If he really loves coaching NW and wants to do it for another 15 years, good for him.

Maybe he’s ready for a new challenge though. Life’s not all about staying where you’re safe and comfortable. I’m sure he’s set for life money-wise, and he could obviously land a number of jobs if he were to fail in Lincoln. It’s really not much of a risk from his life’s perspective.

Reactions: RedBaloneyPony
Fitz is a complete fraud. He really should have taken the big contract and moved on when he could because he's starting to get exposed.

Fitzgerald is a good coach and has had to do a lot with less. Academic standards and below average facilities. I have always respected him for that.

Not sure what the hecks going on this year. New cool facility overlooking lake Michigan and it sounds like major stadium upgrades coming.

Why leave? He went to school there, he grew up in the area, he will never get fired and he makes 3.3 million a year.

I am guessing he could ask for a 20 year contract and get it from NW, they love the Big Ten cash and the last thing a school like that wants to deal with is worrying about football.

Fitzgerald is a good coach and has had to do a lot with less. Academic standards and below average facilities. I have always respected him for that.

Not sure what the hecks going on this year. New cool facility overlooking lake Michigan and it sounds like major stadium upgrades coming.
Their stadium is a dump but it sort of is cool.

It is nestled in that neighborhood, they should do all the can to sort of keep it the same while they upgrade it, which makes no sense but it is perfect for them. If they make it bigger, it is just more seats for visiting fans to snatch up.

Reactions: scarletred
So we want to hire another mediocre coach to lead Nebraska? Hello Mike Riley

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT