ADVERTISEMENT

FIRST HALF GAME THREAD

Our blocking on screen passes are so freaking terrible
Our quarterback on screen passes is pretty terrible too. I've never seen one look so uncomfortable with them. I mean, when you pump fake to the receiver the screen is going to, it sorta negates the point of the screen.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Weird game

This has been a pretty weird weekend for the Big Ten. Northwestern just crushes Minnesota, Ohio State is struggling with Indiana, Michigan state struggles with Purdue everyone on the planet thought this game was going to be a shootout, Iowa beats Wisconsin at Camp Randall. The only game that's gone the way I thought it would today is the Michigan game.

Really impressed with OZ .. good vision, patience and seems to get an extra 2 yards after contact
weren't some questioning his scholly when recruited?

If it were me, I'd put Jano and Ozigbo in backfield, run right at them and challenge them to stop us. I think we have a mismatch that we're not even trying to exploit.

Bad half by Danny.....

I officially don't like the kick call. And I said that before they busted the 50 yard run that would have put them in scoring range if he had run out of bounds.

OK, someone has to say it....this team is a miserable mess. And the play calling is adding to the poor performance.

OK, someone has to say it....this team is a miserable mess

I don't know that I agree with that. Defense has played pretty well, barring about 3 plays. We haven't been burnt on the long pass yet. The offense, looks an awful lot like what I thought we were going to get coming into the season. I don't get the offensive playcalling right now, but if you'd told me we wouldn't allow a point to Illinois in the first half, I'd have taken it every single day. No matter how bad we've struggled on offense.

I don't know that I agree with that. Defense has played pretty well, barring about 3 plays. We haven't been burnt on the long pass yet. The offense, looks an awful lot like what I thought we were going to get coming into the season. I don't get the offensive playcalling right now, but if you'd told me we wouldn't allow a point to Illinois in the first half, I'd have taken it every single day. No matter how bad we've struggled on offense.

The defense has benefited from dropped balls and poor passes. They have definitely had receivers open. And giving up the long runs is obviously unacceptable.

We also look slow on both sides of the ball. Maybe not as slow as we look sluggish. Like not crisp in execution.

Let's be honest. DPE is a kick returner first and a great one at that. As a WR he has a long way to go. He might get a shit in the NFL, but the reason he gets so much press is for KR. NEB isn't exactly WR U
That's an unfortunate keystroke miss, I would hope he'd get a chance to deficate if he made the league. Sorry about that, low-hanging fruit. I mess up on the keypad all the time!

Hope Tommy settles down in the 2nd half.

The defense has benefited from dropped balls and poor passes. They have definitely had receivers open. And giving up the long runs is obviously unacceptable.

We also look slow on both sides of the ball. Maybe not as slow as we look sluggish. Like not crisp in execution.

We are slow.

That's football. Benefit or not it happened. Some games teams catch everything. There is a goose egg chill out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT