ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Satterfield

This team isn’t used to what just happened. They’re used to losing those games. We dominated them. The second half sucked offensively but I’m all good with it. Our QB didn’t turnover the ball and our defense played very well. We hurt those boys

I thought Fidone made some nice blocks.
To be fair, I wasn’t watching him blocking, he may have but as soon as 87 ran a nice rout and caught it, I thought please god quit forcing Fidone in the game, he’s just not smooth at all, reminds me of one of those cartoon alien basketball players In the original space jam

Nebraska had 74 yards in the 2nd half against a shit hole defense. Oh gee whiz, let's be happy for the win and move on. bullshit - crush their spirit. you wanna learn how to win - teach them the game isn't over until it reads 00:00. the defense has it figured out but got - dam they're gonna get worn out one of these games trying to hold up for an inept bullshit play calling OC because they have glitter in his eyes.

Nebraska had 74 yards in the 2nd half against a shit hole defense. Oh gee whiz, let's be happy for the win and move on. bullshit - crush their spirit. you wanna learn how to win - teach them the game isn't over until it reads 00:00. the defense has it figured out but got - dam they're gonna get worn out one of these games trying to hold up for an inept bullshit play calling OC because they have glitter in his eyes.
2-0… looks like they do know how to win. I get your point, but geez, some people just are never happy.

2-0… looks like they do know how to win. I get your point, but geez, some people just are never happy.
bro i'm happy but a better team will take advantage of that and every game is an opportunity to build. 28 - 0 is awesome but another 30 minutes can change everything. learn how to win and learn how to crush the opponent's spirit.

bro i'm happy but a better team will take advantage of that and every game is an opportunity to build. 28 - 0 is awesome but another 30 minutes can change everything. learn how to win and learn how to crush the opponent's spirit.
I don’t disagree, but maybe my expectations are lesser than yours… we have been bad for so long, I guess I wasn’t expecting vintage Nebraska for 4 quarters right away. This is a game to build off of. It may not all happen right away (obviously), but they will use this, I have no doubt, to keep working down the road.

I don’t disagree, but maybe my expectations are lesser than yours… we have been bad for so long, I guess I wasn’t expecting vintage Nebraska for 4 quarters right away. This is a game to build off of. It may not all happen right away (obviously), but they will use this, I have no doubt, to keep working down the road.
i'm with you... but crush them when you get a chance and it seemed way too vanilla in the 2nd half. I shall enjoy the victory for sure and enjoy going 3-0.

Reactions: timnsun
i'm with you... but crush them when you get a chance and it seemed way too vanilla in the 2nd half. I shall enjoy the victory for sure and enjoy going 3-0.
I hate to, but I will give CU a little credit on the 2nd half. The way their front 7/8 attacked our OL, coupled with how amazing Hunter is caused problems. Hunter covers half the field vs the pass and run. He's incredible.

I don’t like Satt, as I’ve stated, but his first half was the best I’ve seen him call so far. Second half was a little dumb but it’s a start, and the penalties were just a joke.
Better than last season, and mostly better blocking from the OL and TE… a good way to win games.
And DR is a true frosh, so is Jacory.. those dudes will light some people up.

Running the ball behind superior talent with a 4 TD lead in the 2nd half of a game isn’t “vintage Nebraska”, it’s what everybody who can do it does

We can’t do it so we stay cutesie, put our golden goose in harm’s way and let the air completely out of the sails

It was a good win. A win we needed.

Plenty to work on balance of month before we will need to run it down someone else’s throat when they know what’s coming - the hallmark of every good team.

Running the ball behind superior talent with a 4 TD lead in the 2nd half of a game isn’t “vintage Nebraska”, it’s what everybody who can do it does

We can’t do it so we stay cutesie, put our golden goose in harm’s way and let the air completely out of the sails

It was a good win. A win we needed.

Plenty to work on balance of month before we will need to run it down someone else’s throat when they know what’s coming - the hallmark of every good team.
Vintage Nebraska, meaning the ability to play a full four quarters. After 5-7 years of not closing teams out, I don’t expect that we have it down pat just yet.

Reactions: RedTheGreat
Vintage Nebraska, meaning the ability to play a full four quarters. After 5-7 years of not closing teams out, I don’t expect that we have it down pat just yet.
Timsun you are right as usual, but the criticism is also fair. Love the win but I hope we do it better next week.

Reactions: timnsun
Timsun you are right as usual, but the criticism is also fair. Love the win but I hope we do it better next week.
Absolutely fair as well. Got to keep improving. This worked tonight but if this is all we can expect it’ll be a tough season.

The last two years, I've spent the summer watching all the games on YouTube I can find, and there are a ton.

A lot of people have a romanticized memory of the "vintage" years and forget games where Nebraska struggled for 2 or 3 quarters with absolute ass Kansas teams, or got beat by awful Iowa State in 1992, or needed Barron Miles to pluck the ball off the punter's foot to beat a mediocre Oklahoma State team, etc. Just win 🥳

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT