ADVERTISEMENT

Finally got our President!! Dr. Jeffrey Gold

Awesome hire. Same with the AD spot. I hope Trev leaving lit a fire under the university. Maybe this was a an “oh shit” moment. Maybe this was a Matt Rhule flex. Regardless, We have awesome people in place, including a football coach that GETS IT. If we ever want to be a great department again, we have to have people in charge that prioritize winning and investment. We have to keep the people we have. “Next man up” mentality, while sometimes necessary, shouldn’t be common at Nebraska unless we want to continue to struggle.

Awesome hire. Same with the AD spot. I hope Trev leaving lit a fire under the university. Maybe this was a an “oh shit” moment. Maybe this was a Matt Rhule flex. Regardless, We have awesome people in place, including a football coach that GETS IT. If we ever want to be a great department again, we have to have people in charge that prioritize winning and investment. We have to keep the people we have. “Next man up” mentality, while sometimes necessary, shouldn’t be common at Nebraska unless we want to continue to struggle.
I think the BOR got an "ass-kicking" from the governor and reacted.

My only concern is Gold's age and having to do this again in 5-ish years. However, if he can navigate NU back to AAU status I'm good with that tradeoff.

Reactions: huskerfan66
My only concern is Gold's age and having to do this again in 5-ish years. However, if he can navigate NU back to AAU status I'm good with that tradeoff.
That's about the average term of a university upper administrator these days so probably happens regardless. The job has become insufferable in the current political climate. And that's all exacerbated when athletics is the tail is wagging the dog at an insitution.

The board had been deadlocked for months between Dr. Gold and Bryan Slone, president of the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce. Following Nebraska Athletic Director Trev Alberts’ unexpected resignation last week, Governor Jim Pillen expressed his disappointed and urged the University’s Board of Regents to take action.
Glad it wasn’t Slone. The US Chamber of Commerce is one of the biggest groups of villains in this country.

Yes - Gold has a truly impressive resume

I am especially impressed by commitment to DEI - even going so far as to create the first ever department of DEI while he head of the ACGME

ACGME statement​

“After six years as an influential member of the ACGME Board of Director …. His tenure also oversaw major successes and accomplishments, including, notably, the conclusion of the five-year transition to a single GME accreditation system, bringing together the allopathic and osteopathic traditions of medical education under the singular accreditation authority of the ACGME, and the creation of the ACGME’s first Department of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. “

Yeah, that shit is going nowhere. Full stop, guaranteed.

Reactions: Laner2
Yes - Gold has a truly impressive resume

I am especially impressed by commitment to DEI - even going so far as to create the first ever department of DEI while he head of the ACGME

ACGME statement​

“After six years as an influential member of the ACGME Board of Director …. His tenure also oversaw major successes and accomplishments, including, notably, the conclusion of the five-year transition to a single GME accreditation system, bringing together the allopathic and osteopathic traditions of medical education under the singular accreditation authority of the ACGME, and the creation of the ACGME’s first Department of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. “

Our sports teams sure have the inclusivity down!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT