27-7, 27-13

and all of us looking like this when the offense is on the field:

do-something-comeon.gif
Do we all have to have penis heads?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Huskers 42
UTEP 17

I predict a big Offensive passing show by DR that will open up running huge lanes for the RBs. Return game improvement, and a pick 6 by the Defense. Backups will get playing time for a change!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
While I'm the most excited since the 2017 season, I really haven't followed Nebraska's depth all that much.

Outside of QB and LT, where are we dangerously thin? I genuinely don't know.
The entire OL, the entire secondary, tight end, QB, ILB

Reactions: HuskerO
Huskers by 10.

Some turnovers, bone-head special teams plays, and OL remains a problem, though I would love to be wrong about this.

Not drinking any Red Kool-Aid until I have seen the first 6 games, minimum.

We win bigly and the state collectively says we’re back! 😅.

Then a few of the usual suspects will clutch their pearls and wring their hands and lament.

30-13 Huskers. I think it will be ugly until they pull away. We have a freshman QB it won't be pretty.

Posted 58 minutes ago
2024 Game 1 “Expert” Picks: UTEP @ Nebraska (-27.5)
—————
CollegeFootballNews.com
It’s the first game of the rest of Nebraska’s life. It has a quarterback, it has the coaching in place, it has the team that’s been building enough to start making some noise. UTEP has a new head man in Scotty Walden who’s going to crank up the tempo of the offense with a new group of players in a fun style that might be sneaky-good in Conference USA play.
Why UTEP Will Win
The new offense will keep on pushing. At Austin Peay, Walden’s offense was ultra-efficient, had a ground game, and found ways to keep everything moving. The receiving corps coming in from the transfer portal is strong, the O line is okay, and it’s all around a defense that was the best in Conference USA last season. Yeah, it’ll take something special to pull this off, but there might be just enough pieces in place to be pesky.
Why Nebraska Will Win
Let’s go, Dylan Raiola. All that’s expected out of the freshman quarterback is everything. The Nebraska offense should be far better behind an improved line that should give Raiola and company time to work. And even if this bunch struggles, it has the defense to pick up the slack. Yeah, the UTEP offense should be far better, but it’s going to take a little bit. The Husker front three should be a wall against the Miner ground game, and the deep linebacking corps should take over against the midrange throws.
Nebraska vs UTEP: Who Will Win
UTEP will be fun, and everyone will see what’s coming as the season goes on, but the excitement and the energy from the Nebraska crowd will come through in a strong all-around performance. It won’t be perfect, but it’ll be a win on Opening Day for the first time since 2019.
Nebraska 40 - UTEP 10
—————
ESPN FPI
Nebraska - 86.3% Win

—————
DRatings
Nebraska 32
- UTEP 8
Nebraska - 94.0% Win
—————
ESPN Bill Connelly SP+
Nebraska 34
- UTEP 6
—————
ESPN Radio- El Paso
Despite the back-and-forth quarterback competition that has dominated most of the storylines this fall camp, I would be surprised if the team had a clear-cut answer. It doesn't appear to be far off to speculate that both quarterbacks could see playing time on Saturday, even with a starter named. With stout veteran running backs like Jevon Jackson and hybrid Kam Thomas, I expect this team to lean on the run. On defense, they will have to try and make the freshman look like a freshman. It's an uphill battle for UTEP in the trenches against Nebraska and that's where this one will be won. Let's see if the Miner offense can get some points on the board.
Nebraska 42 - UTEP 13

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT