ADVERTISEMENT

Portal TE from LSU is N!!

Probably wrong but I thought once a scholarship player you couldn't just call yourself a walk-on to transfer and be immediately eligible. Hope he's eligible but I'm very leery.

Are you sure? That seems crazy. What would stop anyone who loses a position battle from transferring to the rival right before the season?

Didnt read all the replies but the immediate answer I think..is scholly versus no scholly? Whole thang is beyond my comprehension. I'm just thrilled he's here.

Details sound a little sketchy but everything about the portal and NIL are a little sketchy😝 Apparently his former high school coach was at LSU but canned this year so perhaps that’s the answer.

Are you sure? That seems crazy. What would stop anyone who loses a position battle from transferring to the rival right before the season?
It’s always been crazy. Either we’re letting people do what they want or we’re not. Seems the only real pre-requisite is that you’re academically eligible

Reactions: dinglefritz
It’s always been crazy. Either we’re letting people do what they want or we’re not. Seems the only real pre-requisite is that you’re academically eligible
Veronica Lodge Wink GIF by Camila Mendes

Thanks. I thought I heard it was closed now and then saw a post that he had entered the portal and was signing with Nebraska that made it sound like those two things happened about the same time.
His 247 profile says he entered the portal on August 6th

Reactions: Antwill
His eligibility for this year appears to be in doubt now.

"Per sources, Markway has joined the program as a walk-on, allowing him to practice but his ability to appear in games remains in doubt. When the transfer portal window opens in December, Nebraska would have the ability to put the sophomore on scholarship if they chose to and he will be fully eligible at that point."

Nebraska adds former LSU TE Mac Markway

Everything I can find says the portal closed at the end of April and doesn't open until December.
Husker Online stated that he didn’t enter the portal. Apparently you can just leave and act as your own “agent” to contact schools and enroll. Could be a big shift in how things operate, especially if he does get immediate eligibility.

2 days ago I had a handful of local college girls help with a playground project at my church. There are pretty college girls everywhere. All but one of these actually knew how to use a shovel. That was cute enough that I don't think that will ever hold her back in life..... Gotta love those college girls.
You are right on the borderline of being a dirty old man.
Welcome to the club.

Reminds me of a joke I heard one time. This guy hired 3 blonde college girls to do some landscaping work for him while he was doing some painting in an upstairs bedroon. When I visited him in that room he was painting, about every 5 minutes he would look out and yell out the window, "Green side up." Then he would resume our chat.

After about 15 minutes I asked him why he kept yelling "Green side up" out the window, he said, "Well, I hired these 3 college girls to lay some sod....."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Even Satt didn't know so it will be up to Rhule to tell people what the situation is in his next Press encounter after they've researched the rules.
This feels a little Frost-esque, fly by the seat of your pants, but I believe Rhule knows the score

This feels a little Frost-esque, fly by the seat of your pants, but I believe Rhule knows the score
Hey if he's not eligible until December you still take a kid like this. You pay him NIL like he's on scholarship and right now there's no limit on numbers. Treat him like a king so he doesn't pack his bags when the portal does reopen after the season.

Probably wrong but I thought once a scholarship player you couldn't just call yourself a walk-on to transfer and be immediately eligible. Hope he's eligible but I'm very leery.
The heard that story in the context of a single school. You couldn’t turn your scholarship redshirt junior OT into a walk-on redshirt senior OT. I don’t think applies to the player throughout his eligibility, wherever he goes.

To be safe I'd guess they'd ask the NCAA to tell them if he can or can't play this season.
My thoughts were more along the lines of adding to your roster just because. Frost was always taking guys with serious injury histories just because of a high ranking.

If they ever win the BIg Ten they'll probably build a wing addition to highlight it, kinda like the Mona Lisa in the Louvre in Paris.
Have you been to the Louvre? I was kind of underwhelmed by it in one way and then you're standing there looking at the Mona Lisa. You kind of think "that's it?". Okay. Next. I was wowed by the tile work murals in the side chapel in the cathedral at Windsor Castle. That's where the Queen used to sit for church services there. I guess I'm not an art critic but appreciated the skill and time it took to make a 16 foot wall of imported Italian marble bits look like all of the walls were one giant painting. I mentioned to the Yeoman there guarding the throne in the front of the chapel that the painting was incredible. He said that's not paint, it's tiny marble tiles.. I said no way so he opened the ropes and had me feel the wall. Said it took over a hundred years to complete.

Edit add: I should have asked him if I could sit on the throne.

You are right on the borderline of being a dirty old man.
Welcome to the club.

Reminds me of a joke I heard one time. This guy hired 3 blonde college girls to do some landscaping work for him while he was doing some painting in an upstairs bedroon. When I visited him in that room he was painting, about every 5 minutes he would look out and yell out the window, "Green side up." Then he would resume our chat.

After about 15 minutes I asked him why he kept yelling "Green side up" out the window, he said, "Well, I hired these 3 college girls to lay some sod....."

I used to “lay some sod” in college, if you know what I mean? That was back when there was sod. Ahhh, the good ‘ol days.

• Haha
Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Have you been to the Louvre? I was kind of underwhelmed by it in one way and then you're standing there looking at the Mona Lisa. You kind of think "that's it?". Okay. Next. I was wowed by the tile work murals in the side chapel in the cathedral at Windsor Castle. That's where the Queen used to sit for church services there. I guess I'm not an art critic but appreciated the skill and time it took to make a 16 foot wall of imported Italian marble bits look like all of the walls were one giant painting. I mentioned to the Yeoman there guarding the throne in the front of the chapel that the painting was incredible. He said that's not paint, it's tiny marble tiles.. I said no way so he opened the ropes and had me feel the wall. Said it took over a hundred years to complete.

I'm certain he'd have been happy to give you directions to the loo.

On a side note of all this.. I just read the NCAA is kicking around the idea of eliminating the spring portal completely…
So that would leave just one portal. I still think you could transfer any time but then wouldn’t be eligible for that next season.
I don’t know about “walk ons”

Reactions: king_kong_
If NCAA can’t block it based on rules with this one - I’m sure they will make a quick change to avoid this from happening in the future.

No, I haven't been to Paris, and my comment came from my son who has been there a few times.
He said the most impressive thing was the Sistine Chapel and said the Coliseum held some interest simply because of what went on there so many years ago.

Said he had a helluva lot more fun in Amsterdam. LOL

No, I haven't been to Paris, and my comment came from my son who has been there a few times.
He said the most impressive thing was the Sistine Chapel and said the Coliseum held some interest simply because of what went on there so many years ago.

Said he had a helluva lot more fun in Amsterdam. LOL

Its Amsterdam in my garage every weekend evening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT