ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four

Wyldcard

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018
If everything pans out and Michigan and the Jayhawks play for it all, what will be the perception of NU and Miles as we beat Michigan by 20 and lost pretty much at the buzzer to KU? I think Miles still has his job.

If everything pans out and Michigan and the Jayhawks play for it all, what will be the perception of NU and Miles as we beat Michigan by 20 and lost pretty much at the buzzer to KU? I think Miles still has his job.

Miles is coming back .But what does that say, if people keep trying to defend him over losses? Count his good wins. This narrative is getting old and lame.

Fire a coach that gets you in the post season gets you cellar dwellar status fast in college basketball.

If we are NCAA or bust with coaches. We are out of our minds

Last edited:
Sigh.. The perception will be exactly as it was before...that Miles has had 4 losing seasons in 6 years, and struggles in March.

Why would anyone doubt that he would be back though? He finished 4th in the B1G. He isn't going anywhere next year.

images

One of my favorite gifs. And it could be used in so many instances.

"Ah Jeesh...the Beav got himself the clap. Ward and June are going to be pissed!"

"Gilligan screwed everyone again. All he had to do was to convince Bingo, Bango, Bongo, and Irving that they were better than the Honey Bees.."

"If that robot says 'Danger Will Robinson' one more time, I'm gonna lose my sh*t!"

I don't think it would of mattered of they both lost the first rd. Miles was coming back no matter what happened in the tourney. I don't think he is the guy to get us consistently into the tourney year in and year out, but he does deserve at least another year.

Yes I think a change is needed if we don't improve. Just not the right time. I would like to see Moos over an extension for PR but negotiate down the buyout so we're not held hostage IF necessary.

And the second part should be extremely confidential.

Rumor has it that Miles returning is no guarantee at this point. Apparently Tim wants an extension or he's leaving. Bill Moos has been uncharacteristically quiet regarding this, I expect something to shake out after the tourney is over. I could definitely see a scenario in which Miles and Moos mutually agree to part ways

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
One of my favorite gifs. And it could be used in so many instances.

"Ah Jeesh...the Beav got himself the clap. Ward and June are going to be pissed!"

"Gilligan screwed everyone again. All he had to do was to convince Bingo, Bango, Bongo, and Irving that they were better than the Honey Bees.."

"If that robot says 'Danger Will Robinson' one more time, I'm gonna lose my sh*t!"
Hey hey hey, I have never had the clap.

Rumor has it that Miles returning is no guarantee at this point. Apparently Tim wants an extension or he's leaving. Bill Moos has been uncharacteristically quiet regarding this, I expect something to shake out after the tourney is over. I could definitely see a scenario in which Miles and Moos mutually agree to part ways
Moos prly trying to work the Loyola coach and see if he can grab the two hottest coaches in America in one year.

If he is really going that route with Moos, he is a fool. Nebraska is the best job he would ever get at this juncture. If this mutual parting of ways occurs, he'll be lucky to land a lower-level mid-major job.

If he is really going that route with Moos, he is a fool. Nebraska is the best job he would ever get at this juncture. If this mutual parting of ways occurs, he'll be lucky to land a lower-level mid-major job.
I think Tim is betting on a lot of jobs opening up with the FBI stuff going on. Washut said Miles will not stay without an extension on Bahe's show the other day.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
Man, does Miles have naked pictures of some fans?
I think Tim is betting on a lot of jobs opening up with the FBI stuff going on. Washut said Miles will not stay without an extension on Bahe's show the other day.

If anything were to happen it might likely be this week. Final Four weekend is when all of the coaches/agents are there and lots of interviews/deals get done.

Even if a lot of those "FBI jobs" come open, do you think they would actually consider hiring him?

Of the teams I've seen mentioned, (copy-paste) from another site:

Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier.

I don't think there is a chance in hell, any of those teams would go after him. Then again, some days I'm lucky to not cut myself shaving, either, so what do I know :( I still believe if this rumored scenario plays out, he is probably coaching a small mid-major type next year or an assistant at a larger school.

I think he lost all of his leverage with how the season ended. If they could have won a game or two in the NIT, he may have had a stronger leg to stand on.

I feel like he earned another year, but not any sort of long-term extension. The years sandwiched around his good seasons are more indicative of whom he is as a coach to me, and I feel Moos believes the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNewNU
Even if a lot of those "FBI jobs" come open, do you think they would actually consider hiring him?

Of the teams I've seen mentioned, (copy-paste) from another site:

Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier.

I don't think there is a chance in hell, any of those teams would go after him. Then again, some days I'm lucky to not cut myself shaving, either, so what do I know :( I still believe if this rumored scenario plays out, he is probably coaching a small mid-major type next year or an assistant at a larger school.

I think he lost all of his leverage with how the season ended. If they could have won a game or two in the NIT, he may have had a stronger leg to stand on.

I feel like he earned another year, but not any sort of long-term extension. The years sandwiched around his good seasons are more indicative of whom he is as a coach to me, and I feel Moos believes the same.
Yeah it's also very weird that Miles and Moos are meeting a lot and not Moos and Miles' agent. If Moos were going to extend him, I think he might have done it by now. Twitter buzz is that Moos is putting out feelers for a replacement.

Interesting that we could get another bb coach without having to fire / buy out the existing one.

Only losers define their success to close losses to good teams they hate. The loser Shockers tried to do the same thing last year when they played Kentucky close. If you're not first, you're last. At least to everyone outside your fan base. Stop making our Huskers look so desperate

cant say i blame miles for extension or quit. and i say this as someone who wanted him gone 12 months ago and still do now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT