ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Offenses Set Dismal Mark Unseen in Half a Century

phoenix4nu

Offensive Coordinator
May 10, 2009
"According to ESPN Stats & Info, Saturday marked the first time the Big Ten has had four conference game with neither team reaching 20 points since October 26, 1963.

Purdue beat Northwestern, 17–9.

Michigan beat Illinois, 19–17.

Wisconsin beat Nebraska, 15–14.

Iowa beat Minnesota, 13–10."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...A14jRui?cvid=8f60c5f3504647feb5858056484877b3

It was cold and windy except I did see somebody scoring in the 40’s on a snow covered field.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaTaterHead
The weather was absolutely brutal in all of those games. Cold and wind in every single one. Still some bad offenses on display out there, but there was a mitigating factor.
Let’s not have facts get in the way here.. Games were played in September and October and after 11 games the B1G has 11 of the 14 teams are 55th- 130th in total offense in the country..

pass the pig and kiss it.

Reactions: IowaTaterHead
You all are welcome for turning you on to the fact every team in our conference sucks at football

Sometimes I wonder what you people did to deserve a sage like me
Right now 3 teams don’t suck. The other 11 will all have 5 losses after the season is completed..

Right now 3 teams don’t suck. The other 11 will all have 5 losses after the season is completed..
Right now, all 14 big ten teams are a step (or ten million) behind the top programs in the country

Georgia struggled to put away Kentucky, who Maryland would beat by 21. They also struggled with Kent St, Missouri and that FCS cupcake they played.
Maryland would beat kentucky by 21?

Maybe in lax

How much have you bet on ohiost to win the title and how confident are you in that actually happening?

They’ll get killed in the playoffs like the B1G representative usually does

Why? Maryland has NFL talent on offense and defense, they just have bad coaches. Kentucky is just a worse version of Iowa.
Maryland has a few players with talent, but they are not a juggernaut like you suggest. They are what their record says they are, a mediocre team.

Obviously. I mean, if you can’t get a chubby by living on another program’s message board, what’s the point of living in Iowa?
I hate to tell you this, but I don’t feel like my fellow Iowa fans have done a good enough job over here, did you know Iowa has been better than Nebraska lately?

Why? Maryland has NFL talent on offense and defense, they just have bad coaches. Kentucky is just a worse version of Iowa.

Last 5 years:

Maryland: 10 players drafted with 3 in first 3 rounds.

Kentucky: 16 players drafted with 9 in first 3 rounds.

What does the draft the past 5 years have to do with this year's team?

Go ahead and give an analysis on the NFL talent at Maryland and Kentucky right now. Care to make a wager of which program has the first player taken in this draft?

ADVERTISEMENT