ADVERTISEMENT

Field crown back?

Shermski77

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2009
Denver, CO
Just curious, does anyone know if HCSF wants to reinstall the crown under Memorial Stadium's turf? I feel like it would be beneficial to our new offense. I remember being at field level before Callahan and the crown was very noticeable.

Just curious, does anyone know if HCSF wants to reinstall the crown under Memorial Stadium's turf? I feel like it would be beneficial to our new offense. I remember being at field level before Callahan and the crown was very noticeable.

why? so the 25-32 passes per game, most on roll outs, will be over the head or at the feet of the receiver?

The main reason why they had crowns on the fields in the first place was so when it rained it would drain down to the side lines and the yard markers were in closer than they are now.

Reactions: saluno22
I think it should be more of a pyramid rather than a crown. Get a REAL homefield advantage.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Hopefully you were being facetious.
I've heard this same talk before.. not sure how true it is, but this isn't the first time the running downhill explanation has been used in regard to the old field crown.

I think it should be more of a pyramid rather than a crown. Get a REAL homefield advantage.
What if the opponent has a good running game...like Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, OSU, etc?

The new fields drain water

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT