ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone

Common sense tells you the longer you wait to play again the stronger your knee will be.

So by this logic he should wait for.........how long?

Common sense says there is a point of diminishing returns on how long someone waits. You know who knows what that point is? the medical team assessing the athlete.

Then it's his faught.

But we paid someone 5 million a year to make the best decisions for the program.

Kids always want to play to prove their worth.
I could use this in an argument with my wife, and be right for once! Honey, it’s never my faught!

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Lol..its your body not the Doctor's

They dont own you. You don't have to get back on the field until you are ready.

What specifically happened here? Fidone said he didn't want to go and the coaches were practicing him?

Wow quite a large thread now. From https://sportsortho.co.uk/treatment/acl-reconstruction/

When the graft tissue is inserted into the knee, it begins to grow a new blood supply. New cells migrate into the tissue and begin to repair and remodel the graft. Therefore, an ACL graft is nice and strong when it is first surgically implanted. However, initially the knee is weak and the reflexes impaired. As knee function improves and the patient’s confidence increases, the graft begins to degenerate and actually becomes weaker. The ‘danger zone’ is between 3 to 9 months. As the graft develops a new blood supply within the knee after surgical reconstruction, the new cells remodel the graft and it becomes stronger.

The graft is at its weakest at 3 to 6 months – just when the patient is beginning to regain confidence. It is therefore essential that return to proper sport is delayed until 9 months post-op.

So when did he have his surgery and when did he play in a game?

Remember this from last spring?

If I heard it correctly this morning on the radio that we have 45 players currently injured. Spring game first half will be no tackling with upperclassmen. Second half will be full tackle with younger/lower depth chart

That was last spring. All that half-squatting our players into the ground must be paying off.

Remember this from last spring?

That was last spring. All that half-squatting our players into the ground must be paying off.
Can you clarify your argument? Is it the hit they brought Fidone back to soon? Or just that strength and conditioning sucks? Looks like you’re arguing on multiple fronts… Maybe all is true, just looking for some clarity.

Can you clarify your argument? Is it the hit they brought Fidone back to soon? Or just that strength and conditioning sucks? Looks like you’re arguing on multiple fronts… Maybe all is true, just looking for some clarity.
his main argument from the beginning wasn't with the doctors, it was with the S&C staff not doing enough to PREVENT injuries.

I think we are all looking for some clarity regarding this staff (and maybe even the administration at this point). You have nepotistic hires all learning on the job it seems.

I do remember Frost touting his strength hire as someone that had zero soft-tissue injuries at UCF. So going by Frost's implication, the strength guy is responsible for soft-tissue injuries. Oops.

This has got to be one of the stupidest threads of all time and is an indication of just how bored most posters have gotten with the program. Nothing really to talk about, so let's take a kid's second ACL injury and turn it into a five page pissing contest about whether or not he should have been practicing one year after his first injury and after he had gotten full medical clearance. As most posters on here know, I wanted Frost fired last year. And so I am no Frost fan boy. But this attempt to pin anything and everything on him and to blame him for every injury and every hiccup is just ****ing absurd. And ... boring as hell. And the fact that I am reading and commenting on this thread is an indictment of my own stupidity for wasting my life reading this crap.

This has got to be one of the stupidest threads of all time and is an indication of just how bored most posters have gotten with the program. Nothing really to talk about, so let's take a kid's second ACL injury and turn it into a five page pissing contest about whether or not he should have been practicing one year after his first injury and after he had gotten full medical clearance. As most posters on here know, I wanted Frost fired last year. And so I am no Frost fan boy. But this attempt to pin anything and everything on him and to blame him for every injury and every hiccup is just ****ing absurd. And ... boring as hell. And the fact that I am reading and commenting on this thread is an indictment of my own stupidity for wasting my life reading this crap.
I agree to which I would add what my dentist one said when a tooth he repaired went bad again - God doesn't guarantee the original so I don't guarantee a repair. :)

Last edited:
Are you new here?

Agree. How anybody on here can question the medical staff is bizarre. Nobody knows the details.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This. So much this.

Went to the doctor last week and got a prescription for my blood pressure. Now I’m thinking about not taking the meds until I feel ready.

At the very least, I’m going to ease myself into taking the meds. Maybe one day a week and build up to daily over the next 3 months.
actually, you should probably NOT take those meds, start working out, eating right, and lose some weight, stop smoking if you do as well. That will lower your blood pressure naturally and without becoming a lifetime paying customer to big pharma to treat your symptoms and not the actual disease.

actually, you should probably NOT take those meds, start working out, eating right, and lose some weight, stop smoking if you do as well. That will lower your blood pressure naturally and without becoming a lifetime paying customer to big pharma to treat your symptoms and not the actual disease.
Absolutely agree with you on this, I just haven’t shown the self control to do that. I don’t smoke, I do exercise three times a week, but I eat terribly and I drink too much pop. So, yeah, I can do better.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Absolutely agree with you on this, I just haven’t shown the self control to do that. I don’t smoke, I do exercise three times a week, but I eat terribly and I drink too much pop. So, yeah, I can do better.
Get it together timmy. Sometimes its as simple as eating some yummy beets, and cuting out 1 or 2 foods that tend to elevate bp.

I think we are all looking for some clarity regarding this staff (and maybe even the administration at this point). You have nepotistic hires all learning on the job it seems.

I do remember Frost touting his strength hire as someone that had zero soft-tissue injuries at UCF. So going by Frost's implication, the strength guy is responsible for soft-tissue injuries. Oops.

Nepotism hires learning on the job? Like who? Is Carol Frost coaching RB’s now?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
It might be time to stop digging.
Lol.....digging what.

If hes hurt no one wins..lol

Our coaching staff has sucked for 5 years this isnt surprising they dont know how to manage player injuries.

You guys are the ones that look like fools..lol

You guys are the same clowns predicting winning records for the past 5 years..sit the fk down.

Lol.....digging what.

If hes hurt no one wins..lol

Our coaching staff has sucked for 5 years this isnt surprising they dont know how to manage player injuries.

You guys are the ones that look like fools..lol

You guys are the same clowns predicting winning records for the past 5 years..sit the fk down.
Can you show some examples where coaches have held players out after the medical staff has cleared the player? Not from just Nebraska, but anywhere.

I have never heard a coach say "well, he is fully cleared, but we are going to hold him out for a little while longer. Because everyone knows the longer you wait the better".

Coaches play players when they are cleared. Not just Neb coaches. All coaches.

Can you show some examples where coaches have held players out after the medical staff has cleared the player? Not from just Nebraska, but anywhere.

I have never heard a coach say "well, he is fully cleared, but we are going to hold him out for a little while longer. Because everyone knows the longer you wait the better".

Coaches play players when they are cleared. Not just Neb coaches. All coaches.
Lol..know they don't.

You literally see coaches let players practice for months before they put them in games and then give them minute restrictions all over sports.

Hey hes hurt yall really have no argument. Blame the player is y'alls best argument.

Lol..know they don't.

You literally see coaches let players practice for months before they put them in games and then give them minute restrictions all over sports.

Hey hes hurt yall really have no argument. Blame the player is y'alls best argument.
What are you talking about? He got hurt in practice.

Who is blaming the player? Why does anyone have to be to blame?

Reactions: headcard
Only because you have the hindsight of him getting hurt again. Something tells me you would also be complaining about him missing valuable practice time if he was being held out after being cleared.
No because hes coming off aknee injury at a position we have no playmakers at.

That info was known as soon as Austin Allen played his last game.

If you guys can tell me he did it just conditioning or running routes then you have a point.

I am surprised someone hasn’t taken pictures of him while on Spring Break. Apathy has really set in for Nebraska fans. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT