ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - Word on the street is Honas out with torn ACL

Last week the word on the street was that Fidone needed knee surgery so I guess we need to believe the word on the street at this point. :(

Don't have any idea whether it's true but I guess we'll know Saturday. Injuries however are exactly the reason why NOT to get get too excited about any group of players. What seems great one day can be totally decimated the next day by a couple of injuries.

When did frost talk to media yesterday? Was it before or after practice? I thought there was a quote that fidone was only player who would not be ready for fall camp.

Reactions: scarletred
Can't downplay this one. 5th year vet who started every game last year. ILB is a key defensive position and he was a field leader. Chinander checked for gray hairs this morning, you got to believe that. Good news is he has all Summer and Fall camp to work a replacement up to speed.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Can't downplay this one. 5th year vet who started every game last year. ILB is a key defensive position and he was a field leader. Chinander checked for gray hairs this morning, you got to believe that. Good news is he has all Summer and Fall camp to work a replacement up to speed.
he had 1 solo tackle against MN, a game in which the gophers ran it 43 times right down our throats

he had 3 solo tackles against ILL, a game in which the illini ran it 52 (!) times right up our a$$

I feel for the kid, he's had a long road, but it's time for these also rans to move over and for us to see what we have in the actual highly touted young kids behind them

If I heard it correctly this morning on the radio that we have 45 players currently injured. Spring game first half will be no tackling with upperclassmen. Second half will be full tackle with younger/lower depth chart

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT