ADVERTISEMENT

Fatal Flaws

Iroh2

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 9, 2019
Rhule has the fatal flaw of arrogance or even worse an inability to recognize and address challenges within his organization…. Sadly the future is not bright…

Not sure what you are talking about. All great head coaches are arrogant. First two games haven’t been good, but you might need to settle in and see what happens. He will be calling the shots for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: leodisflowers
His biggest flaws: hiring buddies as offensive coaches and trusting a buddy’s evaluation of Jeff Sims.
Obviously Sims is a problem. A running back playing QB. Of course as a RB he still would probably fumble the ball.

Rhule has the fatal flaw of arrogance or even worse an inability to recognize and address challenges within his organization…. Sadly the future is not bright…
I get it, but don't fully agree. When I was the boss, I stood by my people even when they were WAY wrong. In time, their shortcoming helped bring in disgruntled new people who were sick of bad bosses (which of course MOST ARE). They realized if I stood by the goofs, that I would stand even stronger for the achievers and slowly I rebuild right in the middle of the mud. I read a lot of books on leadership, but I got that from following Ronald Regan. He had Sununu always making bad news, and so many asked the gipper to dump him, but he didn't. A lot of smart successful people who turned him down in his first term (after all, who wants the Feds sniffing up you hiney on every do-dad?) joined him in his 2nd term. That was hard to accept then, but it works and its how you build trust. True arrogance would be to CYA and dump someone weak. This HC was hired as a builder. Say what you want about Deion Sanders, his flash and rep worked, but EVERYONE knew it was an experiment. One more thing learned (of many) added to the ever growing CF strategy knowledge pool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT