ADVERTISEMENT

Even though you know this goes on in NCAA hoops

This stuff is awesome and again shows why the movie Blue Chips was basically a documentary.

I am 100% for it...if I was a stud high school player and some dork that worked for some lame ass shoe company wanted to give me money, I am taking it, every single time.

If some dorky ass booster wants to shake my hand and give me money and pay for my dinner, thanks!

If some nerd that owns a company wants to pay me to NOT work (like the sweet deal that Bozworth had, where he "watched" oil derricks go up and down for 15 dollars an hour...I am all in.

Reactions: huskerfan66
It’s so common that this trial is pretty much flying under the radar.
Right? This should be a news story that is SO BIG right now...think about it...shoe dudes paying kids on behalf of the company and on behalf of the schools...yet it is like "oh, cool, yeah we all know this goes on"

I think a lot of the lack of shock is that there has only been a few things that have any documentation or actual proof. What we have seen so far is a bunch of dudes looking at some self preservation. Basically, yep I did some bad stuff, but I can tell you about some other guys that have been bad too. But since everything is done in cash, I have no physical evidence. The few times I got sloppy, you already know about.

When there is real evidence and a real smoking gun, there will be more coverage and public discussion.

And it ain't just hoops. I just hope the current regime know$ how to embrace the realitie$ of landing elite recruit$

I think a lot of the lack of shock is that there has only been a few things that have any documentation or actual proof. What we have seen so far is a bunch of dudes looking at some self preservation. Basically, yep I did some bad stuff, but I can tell you about some other guys that have been bad too. But since everything is done in cash, I have no physical evidence. The few times I got sloppy, you already know about.

When there is real evidence and a real smoking gun, there will be more coverage and public discussion.

I agree to a degree, because the media loves to run with stories about accusations with no proof.

I agree to a degree, because the media loves to run with stories about accusations with no proof.

Yep, there are tons of stories about it, just not much public outrage yet.

Hell Dick Vitale has been on Twitter everyday saying his sources tell him that we are all going to be shocked when the assistant coaches start to testify. Until the names being questioned on the stand are names we know, its sort of a non story. Daddys and Adidas reps aren't really all that recognizable.

Yeah, I agree and these guys are not morons...they know how to make sure there's (almost) no trail...and college coaches are smart because "they" don't do it...

My guess is that most staffs have an asst coach whose job is to set this shit up...and that asst coach knows that he will get a nice paycheck and keep his job as long as he keeps getting the doods that the team wants...He understands the game and knows he will be the fall guy but with that comes lots of money for himself.

Yep, there are tons of stories about it, just not much public outrage yet.

Hell Dick Vitale has been on Twitter everyday saying his sources tell him that we are all going to be shocked when the assistant coaches start to testify. Until the names being questioned on the stand are names we know, its sort of a non story. Daddys and Adidas reps aren't really all that recognizable.

Me when the assistant coaches start testifying.
source.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT