ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Cooper has left the building

At this point you poach the best recruiting badass from some big time school and have him bring his best corners with him…
I think if that was an option we’d have done it before bringing in this fella

We’ll be forced to settle here because all the good coaches/recruiters are, well, coaching/recruiting

Quite the cluster in Rhule’s rectory for the 2nd straight year

No QB coach for a full season, 2 coaches forced to resign due to (reasons) weeks prior to camp starting, 5-7 with myriad late game collapses

Better start winning

Last edited:

No QB coach for a full season, 2 coaches forced to resign due to (reasons) weeks prior to camp starting, 5-7 with myriad late game collapses

Better start winning
I can forgive no QB coach. His guy said "no" at the last minute because his old lady didn't want to leave LA. I can forgive the TE coach situation. Rhule experimented with hiring a super-experienced, Texas good ole boy, revered high school coach. The experiment crashed and burned when Lincoln/college football proved too much for the man. Not good, just don't try that experiment again. Cooper is a little different story. He is Rhule's guy. Rhule should know his key guys well enough to prevent something like this happening right before the season. Either mitigate it early on with measures like PIPs or other discipline, or cut bait AFTER last season. This is a bad look for Matt.

I can live with all the above, that is just soap opera. But the late game collapses, really bad fundamental coaching decisions like not burning clock, making the other side take TOs, or not taking sure points (FGs) were really bad and not what I expected from a coach with his resume. Those gaffs (starting with going pass-happy at MN when the running game had them whipped), which led to no bowl game were VERY concerning.

If you are making a guy resign because he ****ed another adult...you are an idiot. Assuming he was good at his job, who the **** cares.
Even that coach had a wife and 2 kids and got caught once and was told by his superiors not to do it again ( All Rumors) or there are consequences. I think you have to accept the consequences in that case.

Reactions: ssmill777
Doubt this is much of a loss when it comes to the Xs and Os. He seemed to be a stud recruiter but who knows if that’s even true. Most recruiting is a collaborative effort amongst the whole staff.

Reactions: huskers360
She is no longer on staff. That might have been who he was banging last year and got caught. That irritated Rhule. Maybe he got caught banging someone else and that was enough for Rhule.
Why say "might have" and "maybe" if you don't know?

Consider the source… ball sack skers… it’s a parody account.
And I'll say it for 800th time, not even a good parody account. It said Chucky Hepburn was 100% transferring to NU, whatever that OSU QB name was as well. All bullshit. It's like tweeting "Walmart is having a 25% discount on 9 volt batteries tomorrow" and calling that satire. Please people, no more nonsense from Ball Sack Re***ds.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Why say "might have" and "maybe" if you don't know?
How would I know for sure. The rumor was he was caught having an affair last year and her name came up and she also resigned. Rhule was not happy. I can’t believe it took this long for Coop to resign if it was related to that event. That’s why I brought up a second situation as a possibility for his resignation tonight.

Reactions: putemintheaisles
This did not catch Rhule off guard. Odds are very, VERY strong that Rhule already has a replacement in hand and he will be named publicly in the next two or three days. I would suspect its someone who is has coached with Rhule at Temple & at Carolina. Hows that for a guess. The way Rhule is and how he works, this just makes the most sense to me.

We can never have nice things. Oh well never will understand why people who have so much potential can't follow the rules they were given (If the speculation is true).

Reactions: Huskers123456
This did not catch Rhule off guard. Odds are very, VERY strong that Rhule already has a replacement in hand and he will be named publicly in the next two or three days. I would suspect its someone who is has coached with Rhule at Temple & at Carolina. Hows that for a guess. The way Rhule is and how he works, this just makes the most sense to me.
The one jmliehr already mentioned earlier in this thread?

The one jmliehr already mentioned earlier in this thread?
I really have no idea who it is, I just study people and Rhule is very much a person who values prior relationships. People see what he is building here and he wont have any problem filling an assistant coach position. Now finding an assistant coach who is as good as Coop was at finding undervalued talent could be a different story. That worries me a hell of a lot more than a DB coach.

There are SOOOOO many people involved with the program. The players, the staff, staff supporting the program.. this stuff is bound to happen and it happens every year at almost every program. Somebody in such a large pool of people will screw up. It just feels bad because we’re closest to this program.

Even that coach had a wife and 2 kids and got caught once and was told by his superiors not to do it again ( All Rumors) or there are consequences. I think you have to accept the consequences in that case.
Even.

I thought we were finally over this insane idea that bosses control your personal life.

If it is what people are saying it is and it is two grown up consenting adults...

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Even.

I thought we were finally over this insane idea that bosses control your personal life.

If it is what people are saying it is and it is two grown up consenting adults...
You cant allow it to continue because when one of the consenting adults decides to stop the relationship the other will claim sexual harassment and sue the school and the head coach for allowing it. This situation plays out like this almost every time.

You cant allow it to continue because when one of the consenting adults decides to stop the relationship the other will claim sexual harassment and sue the school and the head coach for allowing it. This situation plays out like this almost every time.
I mean, of course women are crazy and will go to the "sexual harassment" card.

You nailed it. Good call on the timing.

John Butler. A decade coaching NFL DB's.

Doubt this is much of a loss when it comes to the Xs and Os. He seemed to be a stud recruiter but who knows if that’s even true. Most recruiting is a collaborative effort amongst the whole staff.

I was more impressed with his player evaluation above anything else. If I'm being honest I wasn't too happy with what he had done so far recruiting with this current class.

The entire class is a step below what we had the first two so far imo. But that's an entirely different story.

Holla

I think if that was an option we’d have done it before bringing in this fella

We’ll be forced to settle here because all the good coaches/recruiters are, well, coaching/recruiting

Better start winning
Actually Nebraska football itself has been one big cluster. A time tested and sure fire way to make sure that it remains a cluster is to put a coach on the hot seat and have them make iffy decisions based on short term self-preservation (ring a bell?) and then eventually fire the entire staff.

We finally have a good head coach in place. Let's show some patience for once.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT