ADVERTISEMENT

Ernest Hausmann talks about why he left UNL

Agree on ZD not being the guy, but I also wonder if Hausmann isn't using him as deflection for whatever reason he left. Dunno, just dunno.
I have it on good authority Michigan had been in his DMs most of last season and were recruiting him during his season at Nebraska and offered him good NIL to go there. Michigan was tampering and the allure of playing for a playoff team and more money after being very underrecruited made it an easy choice for him.

I have it on good authority Michigan had been in his DMs most of last season and were recruiting him during his season at Nebraska and offered him good NIL to go there. Michigan was tampering and the allure of playing for a playoff team and more money after being very underrecruited made it an easy choice for him.
I've read about the tampering also. It can't be proved so I'm not putting a lot into it now but my mind can be changed.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I'm not hoping he breaks his back or anything but I'm certainly not rooting for him. It's one thing for a player to leave for playing time or being homesick, but he's a local kid who got significant minutes as a freshman and didn't seem to even give the new coaches a chance.

200w.gif

Ernest is not a Wolverine. Any young man born and raised in Nebraska is a Husker for Life. Wish he would have stayed, but root for his success. Go Big Blue just sounds weak. GBR!

Weak reasoning considering he entered the portal without knowing who the new SC or LB coaches were going to be! He chose to leave, he is no longer a Husker! He could have stayed and been part of the changing of the guard and played for a fan base that supported him and his team aside from their successes/defeats.

Lets keep it civil gents.

A couple thoughts here: definitely the biggest loss in the offseason for the Huskers overall and a failure by Coach Rhule not to retain him. This was a big mistake.

Definitely agree with his assessment that Michigan will do a better job of maximizing his potential than the Huskers. This is a no-brainer.

Thought it was very odd however that he highlighted the S&C coach/program as being a big selling pt. or draw compared to Neb. I'd put the Huskers' S&C up against that of any team in the Big 10, short of Ohio St. Very strange.

I can understand the draw to play for Coach Partridge. He's one of the best developers of LBs in CFB

A couple thoughts here: definitely the biggest loss in the offseason for the Huskers overall and a failure by Coach Rhule not to retain him. This was a big mistake.

Definitely agree with his assessment that Michigan will do a better job of maximizing his potential than the Huskers. This is a no-brainer.

Thought it was very odd however that he highlighted the S&C coach/program as being a big selling pt. or draw compared to Neb. I'd put the Huskers' S&C up against that of any team in the Big 10, short of Ohio St. Very strange.

I can understand the draw to play for Coach Partridge. He's one of the best developers of LBs in CFB
Failure by Rhule? Uh, no. It's clear he was tampered with and his mind was made up before Rhule was even hired. If anything it's a failure on the parents to raise a kid with common sense and decency. Using the local school as a springboard to jump to a school who didn't want him in high school is wrong.

If they committed believing Frost and Ruud would be here for his entire career then they are idiots. No one else thought that. He couldn't have asked for more. Playing a ton of minutes for the local team. If he left after spring ball then I could understand. But let me guess, the michigan offer was only valid for December.

Last edited:
He bailed on his home state when we needed him most to play against Nebraska. Sorry, but that's completely wrong. The good thing is he's knows nothing of Rhule's system that would benefit Michigan. He shunned us, so I will do the same in return.

and now he gets to come to Lincoln... I don't wish the kid ill will but It's my hope that the men opposing him on the field show him a proper welcome by dominating him on the field...
The only playing time he might get is on special teams, I read his interview he said all the correct things to say almost like a prepared statement

Reactions: dragonraider1
Good for Hausmann wanting to do what's best for him. Still wish that would have been here though. **** tampering, unless we are doing it better, and damn it, **** Duval. Also Hausmann was gone before Rhule, so that part confused me for a few.
Edit Guess I was slightly mixed up in my time frame, but everything I said otherwise still stands.

1. Always do what is best for yourself first (and family)
2. Some of you guys really get mad about stuff.

Reactions: tjlSker90
Bagging on Hausmann reminds me of people who made Captain Lord, the captain of the Californian responsible for the Titanic disaster. The wireless operator on Californian who was communicating with Titanic was told to "shut up", so he turned off his radio and went to bed shortly before Titanic hit the iceberg. The White Star line and British Trade Board deflected all the things that led to the sinking, like steaming way too fast at night through ice, and the drownings, like too few life boats, to somehow be Captain Lord's problem.

Same philosophy here. Frost and his staff turned out to be totally dysfunctional and when a guy gets sick of the clown show and moves on, it is somehow his fault for being disloyal.

Bagging on Hausmann reminds me of people who made Captain Lord, the captain of the Californian responsible for the Titanic disaster. The wireless operator on Californian who was communicating with Titanic was told to "shut up", so he turned off his radio and went to bed shortly before Titanic hit the iceberg. The White Star line and British Trade Board deflected all the things that led to the sinking, like steaming way too fast at night through ice, and the drownings, like too few life boats, to somehow be Captain Lord's problem.

Same philosophy here. Frost and his staff turned out to be totally dysfunctional and when a guy gets sick of the clown show and moves on, it is somehow his fault for being disloyal.
So you had to go watch the re-release of the Titanic, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT