ADVERTISEMENT

Ernest Hausmann talks about why he left UNL

Bagging on Hausmann reminds me of people who made Captain Lord, the captain of the Californian responsible for the Titanic disaster. The wireless operator on Californian who was communicating with Titanic was told to "shut up", so he turned off his radio and went to bed shortly before Titanic hit the iceberg. The White Star line and British Trade Board deflected all the things that led to the sinking, like steaming way too fast at night through ice, and the drownings, like too few life boats, to somehow be Captain Lord's problem.

Same philosophy here. Frost and his staff turned out to be totally dysfunctional and when a guy gets sick of the clown show and moves on, it is somehow his fault for being disloyal.
That makes zero sense. He was a high school football player at a school an hour from Lincoln. He clearly had to know about the dysfunction when he signed and showed up. He also had to know it was extremely unlikely Frost and Ruud would be coaching at NU in 3 years. It isn't like he was some recruit from California that was tricked. He basically got everything he could have wanted in his 6 months at NU. To not even give Rhule and Tony White a chance shows messed up decision making.

Oh, Frost being termed was the reason he left? Well how cute because Georgia Southern was the final straw that cost Frost his job and Ernest’s terrible alignment was the main problem in that game. (granted we had many issues in that game). But EH definitely gave up the game winning TD.

Thomas Fidone looks like a beast in Winter Conditioning, hope he and Gilbert destroy EH.

Bagging on Hausmann reminds me of people who made Captain Lord, the captain of the Californian responsible for the Titanic disaster. The wireless operator on Californian who was communicating with Titanic was told to "shut up", so he turned off his radio and went to bed shortly before Titanic hit the iceberg. The White Star line and British Trade Board deflected all the things that led to the sinking, like steaming way too fast at night through ice, and the drownings, like too few life boats, to somehow be Captain Lord's problem.

Same philosophy here. Frost and his staff turned out to be totally dysfunctional and when a guy gets sick of the clown show and moves on, it is somehow his fault for being disloyal.
I think you've been watching too much History Channel or something.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
think this guy potentially has NFL Talent... can't blame him for wanting to improve his draft stock.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Failure by Rhule? Uh, no. It's clear he was tampered with and his mind was made up before Rhule was even hired. If anything it's a failure on the parents to raise a kid with common sense and decency. Using the local school as a springboard to jump to a school who didn't want him in high school is wrong.

If they committed believing Frost and Ruud would be here for his entire career then they are idiots. No one else thought that. He couldn't have asked for more. Playing a ton of minutes for the local team. If he left after spring ball then I could understand. But let me guess, the michigan offer was only valid for December.
Yep he gone before Rhule was hired

Police Turkey GIF by South Park

So, he was tired of doing fake workouts here at Nebraska, but wants to put the real work in at Michigan to better his career? Ok, got it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
A couple thoughts here: definitely the biggest loss in the offseason for the Huskers overall and a failure by Coach Rhule not to retain him. This was a big mistake.

Definitely agree with his assessment that Michigan will do a better job of maximizing his potential than the Huskers. This is a no-brainer.

Thought it was very odd however that he highlighted the S&C coach/program as being a big selling pt. or draw compared to Neb. I'd put the Huskers' S&C up against that of any team in the Big 10, short of Ohio St. Very strange.

I can understand the draw to play for Coach Partridge. He's one of the best developers of LBs in CFB
Rhule didn’t fail he was leaving no matter and anybody who thinks Nebraskas S&C was on par with anyone in the Big is a complete idiot.

Reactions: InMotion
Lets keep it civil gents.

Seems like a reasonable explanation. He clearly wants to play at the next level and with all the staff changes, he wasn't confident that he would get the support and coaching to realize his potential. He may be right.

So the Patriots should forget about Brady?
Since when did the Bucs Join the AFC East?

Let’s do some thinking before we post and connect the dots. Brady didn’t transfer to the Jets

EH didn’t just transfer, he transferred to a conference rival. Screw him. If he went to Clemson most wouldn’t care as much

They aren’t even in our division. Screw a kid for wanting the best chance to play in the nfl?
I really can’t help you.

But yes, screw him. I owe him jack shit. Screw him. Because he played @ NU as a freshman I owe him some sort of gratitude and he left when we needed him most? 😂

Reactions: tdierberger
Yes. Very unfair. Hard to commit to our fan base acting like that. We wish posters well when they decide to leave but players we blame.
So you're saying it was a good decision to leave the hometown team where he played significant minutes as a true freshman and would have started, because of people on Twitter? And then went to a team that apparently didn't lose any starters at his position group. He might have taken care of the angry twitter fan problem because no one will know who he is in Michigan and he might not play enough for anyone to care to learn who he is.

But hey, if he misses a tackle that leads to a game winning TD against OSU, I'm sure Michigan fans won't say a peep about it.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
They aren’t even in our division. Screw a kid for wanting the best chance to play in the nfl?
With your logic, benedict arnold should be celebrated by the US. His efforts in the Battle of Ridgefield were extremely honorable and aided US in the war. His chance to move up in ranks was just better suited by the Brits. Once an American soldier always an American soldier… since I question your intelligence, that was all sarcasm

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT