ADVERTISEMENT

Elijah Blades

I don't care what he wrote. You are attempting to undervalue the the imporance of the DBs by insinuating the pass rush is the most important component.
I didn't undervalue anything. You're making stuff up now. It's nice to have a good secondary and pass defense is hugely dependent on the pass rush.

You also realize that shut down corners and solid safety play helps the pass rush don't you?

kmcrw.jpg

Reactions: Morgan747
I didn't undervalue anything. You're making stuff up now. It's nice to have a good secondary and pass defense is hugely dependent on the pass rush.

I'm making stuff up? You wrote he already talked about how the pass rush would improve by having the players mentioned in the secondary. And accused me of not being able to read. That is making stuff up. That was never discussed.

The fact is that shut down corners give the pass rush more time to get to the QB. Just like having a great pass rush allows covers up average DB play.

Are we waiting on info on 2 or 3 freshmen? Blades, Watts, and wasn't there another?

Per blades' latest periscope (you'll get dumber if you watch), he's going to Kentucky. What does losing Blades, Watts, and Kjj do to the 2017 class ranking?

Reactions: FTC_21
I'm making stuff up? You wrote he already talked about how the pass rush would improve by having the players mentioned in the secondary. And accused me of not being able to read. That is making stuff up. That was never discussed.

The fact is that shut down corners give the pass rush more time to get to the QB. Just like having a great pass rush allows covers up average DB play.
I think we can all agree that a rested defense, including both d line and secondary is what's most important. And how do we accomplish that? Control the clock and RUN THE DAMN BALL! (Did I do that right?)

Reactions: RED-KORN-MAN
I think we can all agree that a rested defense, including both d line and secondary is what's most important. And how do we accomplish that? Control the clock and RUN THE DAMN BALL! (Did I do that right?)
No. The only way to win is to run the spread option, hurry up offense. Mix in the yolo ball about 15 times a game. It's the only way to win here. I demand it

he can't go to UK in the fall 2017unless he has a release of NLI from Nebraska and that is only if he met the NCAA initial eligibility standards.

Now if he met the initial eligibility standards but was not accepted in to Nebraska, that is something different.

if that has happened, I would imagine we would hear that pretty soon. if that is fact, I am surprised it isn't already common knowledge.

Per blades' latest periscope (you'll get dumber if you watch), he's going to Kentucky. What does losing Blades, Watts, and Kjj do to the 2017 class ranking?
Everyone has attrition. I don't think they re-grade do they?

There was a link in a tweet about a week ago or so. The tweet has been deleted. I can't find a link to that periscope post anywhere else.

Poster on another board with pretty good ties to the program has said that someone on staff (but not a coach) told him Blades was still expected on campus.

The periscope things seem to be something of a mystery.

There was some questions about Denotre Thomas, but he's made it and showed up looking like Junior in college. He's also been dynamic in early workouts. Expect him to play as a True freshman.

Well that sounds nice.

Tell me that doesn't have the potential to shut any and all passing games down in near future ;)

C Williams, Bookie,Goodrich, E Blades, L Jackson, Dismuke, Lee (hopefully lights clicking now) A Reed, J Doman and A Williams?! I see a future number 1 in the country passing defense. Hell I know I'm missing some or two.
Tony Butler at safety will be in the mix very soon

The longer there is no interview or update from a reliable source the worse it seems unfortunately..Sure hope I'm wrong and he gets what he needs to get his butt here.. the boy good lol

Losing Blades would be devastating. He was the second highest rated recruit in the class. It would certainly change my perception of the strength of the class, which wasn't in the elite tier to begin with. Hope he finds a way to make it.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Losing Blades would be devastating. He was the second highest rated recruit in the class. It would certainly change my perception of the strength of the class, which wasn't in the elite tier to begin with. Hope he finds a way to make it.

An academic redshirt I wouldn't consider "losing" Blades. Kid just wouldn't play as a frosh, which he probably wasn't going to play a ton to begin with.

An academic redshirt I wouldn't consider "losing" Blades. Kid just wouldn't play as a frosh, which he probably wasn't going to play a ton to begin with.

Maybe I don't understand what an academic redshirt means. Can you explain? I've never heard of an instance where an athlete was allowed to enroll yet not be part of the team.

There was some questions about Denotre Thomas, but he's made it and showed up looking like Junior in college. He's also been dynamic in early workouts. Expect him to play as a True freshman.

Do you know his weight? The staff said they wanted him at 295 but have no idea how far along he is to that goal.

I read on another board that both of the frosh DL are turning heads, I assume that means Daniels as Watts is on a milk carton.

Reactions: Earn898
Sort of similar to prop 48. I don't remember if Prop 48 kids could practice or not.

It's just like the prop 48, the Ncaa instituted the rule last year. Basically if the have all the requirments but one they can enroll but have to use an academic redshirt

It's just like the prop 48, the Ncaa instituted the rule last year. Basically if the have all the requirments but one they can enroll but have to use an academic redshirt

The other main difference is that the academic redshirt doesn't lose the year of eligibility, as long as they pass 9 semester hours the freshman fall. The prop 48 guys lost a year of eligibility. I forgot about that.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
The other main difference is that the academic redshirt doesn't lose the year of eligibility, as long as they pass 9 semester hours the freshman fall. The prop 48 guys lost a year of eligibility. I forgot about that.
so, would it take the place of the normal redshirt? They are just required to redshirt because of academic reasons and counts as part of their "5 to play 4"
clock.

so, would it take the place of the normal redshirt? They are just required to redshirt because of academic reasons and counts as part of their "5 to play 4"
clock.

Yes, I would look at it as more of a transfer redshirt though. Can't play in games no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT