ADVERTISEMENT

Eichorst Fired

SMH. Back to the past.
Well the present sure looks like shit, doesn't it?
You're butt hurt that your weird infatuation with a coach didn't pan out. You've thrown enough shit around this board at others it's time you ate crow, but no, you gotta be a little bitch and piss and moan. Guess what? Eichorst sucked ass as AD. He couldn't even fire Bo right, he did it too late. He didn't understand traditions and lost big on the two Friday deals he pissed down his leg. Regents shouldn't have to step in and do his job for him.
There have been plenty of great points made on this thread about why the timing doesn't matter, but you continue to piss and moan because you brown nosed so damn much and fanboyed riley like a teenage girl at an *NSYNC concert. It isn't about the coach it's about the program and its trajectory, and this team looks like absolute shit in year three and lost to a mac team at home. Quit trying to make the husker fan look stupid for being pissed about it and seeing the writing on the wall.
Look at the bright side Archie, now you have more phony excuses for Riley, that oughta make you happy.
I'm tired of your arrogant ass looking down at people for being honest about the current state of the program.
The past? Bring it on. The present and future sure looked bright:rolleyes:

I just found out. I am so happy! This is outstanding news!
Why? What's changed? Riley still stays if he wins enough games. IF anything this probably means Miles is safe for 2 years instead of just this next one. After all TOM HIRED HIM. The next AD will be the Hawks' puppet again......and on and on and on. The only thing this does is eliminate the HP connection hate and the TO hostility to the AD's office. Maybe that will be enough to fix this dysfunctional family.

Why? What's changed? Riley still stays if he wins enough games. IF anything this probably means Miles is safe for 2 years instead of just this next one. After all TOM HIRED HIM. The next AD will be the Hawks' puppet again......and on and on and on. The only thing this does is eliminate the HP connection hate and the TO hostility to the AD's office. Maybe that will be enough to fix this dysfunctional family.
Because this is the first step, and in certain ways, the most important step, in getting things turned around. This is not about puppets. It is about restoring the identity of the Nebraska football program, and that starts with the AD.

At the end of the day, this program can't allow NIU to come into our house, teabag us, and just proceed on as if nothing happened. If Riley didn't want to get canned, he could have started by beating NIU. If you can't accomplish that at Nebraska you're not the right guy for the job.
who says a coach at Nebraska cannot lose a game like NIU? Is it in some backwoods cult ritual or something? Stanford aint' looking too hot this year, and they lost to SDSU

We just gutted our HC after 2 1/3 years. This is bullshit.
The timing of this is questionable. There were people waiting in the wings to pounce and pounce they did after the Oregon game. NIU just made it easier for an outsider (Bounds) to side with Hawks etc and can the AD. Green has been around long enough to know which direction the prevailing wind is blowing. Kind of funny isn't it that Tom was mysteriously absent for so long and then all of a sudden was doing interviews with just about everybody last week. :rolleyes:

Reactions: SC_'sker
No one will be a bigger fan of Riley than the new AD. The best case scenario for the new AD is that Riley wins most of his remaining games and he doesn't have to make a career defining hire for quite some time

Same with Eichorst. Best case scenario would have been for Bo to win a conference championship and Eichorst could just sit back and collect checks without putting his job on the line which is what you do when you hire a new FB coach
Except Eichorst was hired to fire Bo.

You really believe this?

One last thing and I'm out: I'll eat crow if we don't dip right back into the past to try and solve the problems of the present. Everyone is acting like this decision is going to lead to some forward-thinking solution that is going to land us someone of the Chip Kelly caliber. Don't hold your breath. I'd be surprised if we don't hire someone like Alberts or Riminton, who don't deserve the job, and then reach out to a shallow pool of coaches named Scott Frost (...who isn't ready to coach here yet). All while the recruiting class falls apart and the team gives up on the season because of this timing. I'll be back to eat my crow if need be.

You may end up being right about the upcoming process that hasn't occurred yet but the last process consisted of HP hiring SE at a top 5 AD salary to fire BO and then he considered one guy who happened to be a 60 year old .500 coach. I'll take my chances with someone who knows and cares deeply about NU over a corporate manager type who spouts Energy Bus nonsense.

Late to the party on the subject. Someone may have touched on this, and I haven't read through 8 pages.

Saturday night I heard from a local media person (no I won't say who, because I don't have his permission) who told me SE was in serious trouble, and could be gone before the end of this week, AND it had nothing to do with the result of the game against NIU. He said he had this information before the end of the game. Eichorst pissed off too many powerful people apparently.

no way MR is here after the season, I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s gone three games from now. The AD is just the start. IMO, this is a full house cleaning, maybe a few assistants stay, but new leadership is coming in more than one department.

no way MR is here after the season, I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s gone three games from now. The AD is just the start. IMO, this is a full house cleaning, maybe a few assistants stay, but new leadership is coming in more than one department.

MR will gracefully step aside and ride off into the sunset by the end of the year.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I wouldn't be so sure of that, could happen, but a lot of things in play at this point.

Because this is the first step, and in certain ways, the most important step, in getting things turned around. This is not about puppets. It is about restoring the identity of the Nebraska football program, and that starts with the AD.
You really think this is about our football "identity". LOL. This is about control and power. Hawks has it again. It will be interesting to see who his new golf buddy is this time. It's just the way it is. I'm not saying it will be bad but let's be honest about this. It's about who's pulling the strings and I can guarantee you that Tom and his minions were just biding their time waiting for an opportunity to get SE. Just like they did with SP. Not saying it's good or bad, right or wrong. It's just the way it is.

Late to the party on the subject. Someone may have touched on this, and I haven't read through 8 pages.

Saturday night I heard from a local media person (no I won't say who, because I don't have his permission) who told me SE was in serious trouble, and could be gone before the end of this week, AND it had nothing to do with the result of the game against NIU. He said he had this information before the end of the game. Eichorst pissed off too many powerful people apparently.
The football team's struggles were just convenient cover. This was all about getting rid of the guy that HP hired before Tom could name a successor and the guy that fired Tom's hand picked coach. Hawks and his minions finally got their way. Big time football politics. Gotta love it.

Dingleberry you never cease to amaze me with your utter stupidity.
And I'm so sorry Tom was such a big part of our program. Maybe if he sucked as much as you think, we wouldn't have all these standards like beating a mac team at home and then your precious staff would be safe.
Plus he's been in the media all year...net even did a special on him. Where have you been?
The program sucks and eichorst SUCKED. Cut the damn cord.

The football team's struggles were just convenient cover. This was all about getting rid of the guy that HP hired before Tom could name a successor and the guy that fired Tom's hand picked coach. Hawks and his minions finally got there way.
Do you wear tin foil hats?
And have totally ignored ALL OF the f ups eichorst has had in his short time?

You really think this is about our football "identity". LOL. This is about control and power. Hawks has it again. It will be interesting to see who his new golf buddy is this time. It's just the way it is. I'm not saying it will be bad but let's be honest about this. It's about who's pulling the strings and I can guarantee you that Tom and his minions were just biding their time waiting for an opportunity to get SE. Just like they did with SP. Not saying it's good or bad, right or wrong. It's just the way it is.
How badly does your butt hurt right now?
There is less crying at my kids daycare and less conspiracy in Hillarys new book than there is from you.

Dingleberry you never cease to amaze me with your utter stupidity.
And I'm so sorry Tom was such a big part of our program. Maybe if he sucked as much as you think, we wouldn't have all these standards like beating a mac team at home and then your precious staff would be safe.
Plus he's been in the media all year...net even did a special on him. Where have you been?
The program sucks and eichorst SUCKED. Cut the damn cord.
Where did I say that SE shouldn't have been canned? I'm merely taking a pretty objective look at what took place. I know a little bit of what goes on behind the scenes with the Regents and NU administration. I know a couple of Regents. You can call me an idiot if you want. I've just been around it enough to know the politics of the situation.

Where did I say that SE shouldn't have been canned? I'm merely taking a pretty objective look at what took place. I know a little bit of what goes on behind the scenes with the Regents and NU administration. I know a couple of Regents. You can call me an idiot if you want. I've just been around it enough to know the politics of the situation.
You're an idiot.

I am sorry fritz, I don't agree with you. Ultimately, this is about winning games. If we are 3-0 and looking great doing it, none of this happens. However I do believe this is an opportunity to reinstate our identity.

who says a coach at Nebraska cannot lose a game like NIU? Is it in some backwoods cult ritual or something? Stanford aint' looking too hot this year, and they lost to SDSU

1) any fan with half a brain

2) the regents. In case you missed it, the AD got fired 5 days after it happened

The football team's struggles were just convenient cover. This was all about getting rid of the guy that HP hired before Tom could name a successor and the guy that fired Tom's hand picked coach. Hawks and his minions finally got their way. Big time football politics. Gotta love it.

I agree with you on that, but it sounds like even if we were 3-0 he might have been gone.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I am sorry fritz, I don't agree with you. Ultimately, this is about winning games. If we are 3-0 and looking great doing it, none of this happens. However I do believe this is an opportunity to reinstate our identity.
EXACTLY, IF we were 3-0 this wouldn't happen because they wouldn't have the balls to do it but BECAUSE the team is struggling it gives them a convenient excuse to do it.

His "f ups" have happened long before. Why now? Because the football team is struggling and it gives them an easy out.
Oh and how does this go again...hmm..let me remember...
Have YOU ever been president of a university or a chancellor at a major university? Have YOU ever run a successful sports department? If not then shut up because you don't have the credentials to opine.
I believe that was the bullshit theory you were spewing last week.

Oh and how does this go again...hmm..let me remember...
Have YOU ever been president of a university or a chancellor at a major university? Have YOU ever run a successful sports department? If not then shut up because you don't have the credentials to opine.
I believe that was the bullshit theory you were spewing last week.
Did you go off your meds again?

Sorry, it's too much tin foil for me.
It's not tin foil. It's how it works. It's how it works at OU. It's how it works at Bama. It's how it works everywhere in the college football world. The boosters have tremendous influence and if somebody is unhappy they wait for weakness then they pounce. SE's pissed some very powerful people off by firing Pelini and they finally got what they wanted and the football team's struggles gave Bounds and Green the cover to do it to get them off their back. I liked SE BUT I will say that maybe now IF we make the right AD hire we can put the stench of SP, BC and BP finally behind us and move forward together.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
It's not tin foil. It's how it works. It's how it works at OU. It's how it works at Bama. It's how it works everywhere in the college football world. The boosters have tremendous influence and if somebody is unhappy they wait for weakness then they pounce. SE's pissed some very powerful people off by firing Pelini and they finally got what they wanted and the football team's struggles gave Bounds and Green the cover to do it to get them off their back. I liked SE BUT I will say that maybe now IF we make the right AD hire we can put the stench of SP, BC and BP finally behind us and move forward together.
You know what else is "how it works" in the college football world?
When the o-line plays like absolute shit against an inferior opponent in the third year of a coaches tenure, the coaching of the line play is questioned and rightfully perceived as shitty.
But what was the norm in college football world then wasn't good enough, but it is now?
You're too stupid to realize your obvious bias toward this staff is blinding you from the truth.
Same as it was in basketball.
That or being weird gives you a hard on.

But you said this was all about power. What new power do the boosters gain? I understand that there are politics in just about everything, but sometimes people read too much into things. Boosters give money, and they want to see results. Results are not so good, Boosters complain and demand a change.

What you're getting at is some division in the upper administration that is also seen at the fan level.. the old BP vs MR thing. I don't think that is what is going on up there. The boosters already have the power. This is about winning football games. It's not about TO or who's side so and so was on and all that.

If it is, then I don't really care to know about it. I just want to see us use this opportunity to make Nebraska great again.

But you said this was all about power. What new power do the boosters gain? I understand that there are politics in just about everything, but sometimes people read too much into things. Boosters give money, and they want to see results. Results are not so good, Boosters complain and demand a change.

What you're getting at is some division in the upper administration that is also seen at the fan level.. the old BP vs MR thing. I don't think that is what is going on up there. The boosters already have the power. This is about winning football games. It's not about TO or who's side so and so was on and all that.

If it is, then I don't really care to know about it. I just want to see us use this opportunity to make Nebraska great again.
IMO you are being naive. The animosity for HP and SE didn't just die when HP retired. The Hawks family has given millions to NU and they are used to getting their way. There are powerful people who have been beating the drum for this since SE took the job. In any case, this may allow us to heal some of those old wounds and start over .

C'mon. No one is saying, "Everything was bumping along fine and then we lost to NIU and everyone lost their collective minds." Over the last nine games we are 3-6.

You bring up Stanford. Over their last nine games they are 7-2. They just lost to a San Diego State team who won 11 games last year, ended up ranked, and this year they are ranked #22. NIU had a losing record last year and I'm doubtful anyone is thinking of ranking them.

This is ludicrous.

His "f ups" have happened long before. Why now? Because the football team is struggling and it gives them an easy out.
You are partly right. The money people turned on Shawn. Your tin-foil conspiracy theories are cute, but it was because how he handled last year and then how he looked like a complete buffoon before the press. His press releases were a joke and then were followed up with interviews throwing players under the bus and talking about our great leaders...including him. He showed there was a reason he hid from the press for many years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT