ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Still Talking with Kirby/Georgia

We need to remember that he and his dad are not the ones making a scene about this visit. It’s the recruiting sites and some of our fans. We’re the one with the issue here. Not the Raiolas or Rhule. This is on us. Dylan isn’t blowing smoke on social media. We’re the goofy ones.
We are making a scene because he's visiting the last possible day before early signing day. If he did this in September people would have already moved onto the next game. We are also making a scene because he didn't need another visit. He might literally be the only kid in the country outside of Nebraska who doesn't need another visit to decide if he wants to go to NU.

If that Vanden Bosch qb goes to Oregon after visiting here no one will care because I'm guessing Kyle Vanden Bosch isn't letting his kid have this much drama.

We are making a scene because he's visiting the last possible day before early signing day. If he did this in September people would have already moved onto the next game. We are also making a scene because he didn't need another visit. He might literally be the only kid in the country outside of Nebraska who doesn't need another visit to decide if he wants to go to NU.

If that Vanden Bosch qb goes to Oregon after visiting here no one will care because I'm guessing Kyle Vanden Bosch isn't letting his kid have this much drama.
The drama is on our part. The Rsiola’s aren’t posting on social media every few minutes.

I am one of those guys that bitch about talent level. That’s why I believe you take a guy like McCord, genius. are you saying KM isn’t better talent?

And yes, Dylan could beat out KM. Seems to me that McCord understands risk assessment better than Brother Matt and you do. One in hand is better than a maybe. You only go after Dylan in this situation if it’s for sure. You don’t jeopardize everything for a maybe. Like I said, the saying is F-around and find out.

I really hope that DR commits and this is a none issue. I will praise Matt if it comes out that way. But that’s business. If I was working on a prospective client and I had them pretty much locked up and then axed the deal to go after a better client and lost both, yes my ass would be rightfully on the line. That’s the way it works bud.

Outcomes matter.

It appears 131 other coaches along with Matt Rhule, also understood risk assessment of taking a guy that runs from competition.

Also you appear to be making assumptions about the level of commitment Raiola has made with Rhule. Unless you know something I don’t. You assume it is a maybe, I have no idea.

Again if McCord and Kaelin decide to leave because Rhule is talking with Raiola what does that say about them. To use your business analogy, if my customer leaves because I had a conversation and a dinner with another potential client, how committed were they to you?

what a joke the cult of Brother Rhule is. Is the university of Nebraska, not the university of Matt Rhule. I’m a proud American. Served my country in combat. Doesn’t mean I need to support all our elected officials decisions.
Thank you for your service.

You completely missed my point. If it's the University of Nebraska, as you say and as I believe, then you support the team no matter what BUT you can still be critical of the coaching staff. Refusing to turn on the TV or purchasing merchandise hurts the University of Nebraska and the young men on the team more than it hurts the coaching staff.

So I guess you really don't "bleed red". What a joke our fan base has become.
I bleed red until the program refuses to do the same. I'm not usually the first one to "go there"... But at some point it's like well, those crazy bastards might be right. NU is a retirement plan destination for coaches and a walking living meme until proven otherwise, sadly for those of us who do bleed red (spend our hard earned money on a program that refuses to do what it takes to win in today's game).

It appears 131 other coaches along with Matt Rhule, also understood risk assessment of taking a guy that runs from competition.

Also you appear to be making assumptions about the level of commitment Raiola has made with Rhule. Unless you know something I don’t. You assume it is a maybe, I have no idea.

Again if McCord and Kaelin decide to leave because Rhule is talking with Raiola what does that say about them. To use your business analogy, if my customer leaves because I had a conversation and a dinner with another potential client, how committed were they to you?
“Two bulls were walking side by side one day. The young one was full of enthusiasm. The older one, who was wiser, looked at other bull and shook its head. The two suddenly came across a herd of cows.

The young bull said, "Let's charge down this hillside right now and have our wicked way with a couple of those cows.

The old bull replies, "No, how about we stroll gently down this hillside, so they won’t get scared and run away. Let us be friendly and know them better so we can all then have a good time. We can party with them all for a year...”

What does it matter if he’s visiting the last possible day? It doesn’t. Something happened with McCord while he was here and I honestly don’t believe it had much if anything to do with Raiola.

McCord had the huge benefit of playing surrounded by OSU’s supporting cast. I think there might be other less heralded QBs in the portal who would be better fits for our team and who would come without the baggage. We need to get a grip. Personally I would rather have a more athletic QB than either McCord or Raiola. I want the whole package. Give me a Turner Gill all day every day. Hell give me Tommy Armstrong. IMO he would win as many games as McCord could at NU.

“Two bulls were walking side by side one day. The young one was full of enthusiasm. The older one, who was wiser, looked at other bull and shook its head. The two suddenly came across a herd of cows.

The young bull said, "Let's charge down this hillside right now and have our wicked way with a couple of those cows.

The old bull replies, "No, how about we stroll gently down this hillside, so they won’t get scared and run away. Let us be friendly and know them better so we can all then have a good time. We can party with them all for a year...”

Unless your old bull saw a different young bull on the other hillside and said to the young bull with him, “lets go to another pasture, that young bull over there could maybe want to have these cows”

I bleed red until the program refuses to do the same. I'm not usually the first one to "go there"... But at some point it's like well, those crazy bastards might be right. NU is a retirement plan destination for coaches and a walking living meme until proven otherwise, sadly for those of us who do bleed red (spend our hard earned money on a program that refuses to do what it takes to win in today's game).

All that we know is that we just got a visit from the top QB in the nation and the experts say we are in a good spot to flip him. I usually agree with you, but don’t share your outrage on this one.

Again if McCord and Kaelin decide to leave because Rhule is talking with Raiola what does that say about them. To use your business analogy, if my customer leav because I had a conversation and a dinner with another potential client, how committed were they to you?
what you just did is what they call girl math. 131 teams are not all in the same boat. kyle never opened up to all 131 teams and not all 131 teams didn’t make a bowl. 51 teams didn’t make a bowl and not all the 131 teams didn’t need to find starting QB for next year. Bama, Texas, ND, and many many more are fine on QB in 2024. Quoting 131 teams not wanting KM is untrue and is gaslighting.

And to follow up on your business analogy, how committed to that business were you if you had dinner with a rival company? If you’re trying to land coca-cola and have dinner with Pepsi, yep coke is going to be pissed off. It’s bad business

Thank you for your service.

You completely missed my point. If it's the University of Nebraska, as you say and as I believe, then you support the team no matter what BUT you can still be critical of the coaching staff. Refusing to turn on the TV or purchasing merchandise hurts the University of Nebraska and the young men on the team more than it hurts the coaching staff.
I agree with this. Sorry misunderstood.

I’ll always watch Huskers but it doesn’t mean I will just be blind to BS. and i will call it our leadership screws up majorly.

But people have the right to walk away if they want. Probably the only true way we can voice our opinions

what you just did is what they call girl math. 131 teams are not all in the same boat. kyle never opened up to all 131 teams and not all 131 teams didn’t make a bowl. 51 teams didn’t make a bowl and not all the 131 teams didn’t need to find starting QB for next year. Bama, Texas, ND, and many many more are fine on QB in 2024. Quoting 131 teams not wanting KM is untrue and is gaslighting.

And to follow up on your business analogy, how committed to that business were you if you had dinner with a rival company? If you’re trying to land coca-cola and have dinner with Pepsi, yep coke is going to be pissed off. It’s bad business

When you’re the starter at Ohio St and after entering the transfer portal your options appear to be Nebraska and Syracuse, many many other coaches passed on you.

McCord is no Coke or Pepsi. McCord is like RC Cola and Raiola is Coke.

This joke is far better when not so watered down, Margot...

We have Kaelin and if we don’t land Dylan we’ll get a good portal QB. Hell there will be 4* QBs make themselves available after spring ball even. Just watch.
Dingle, sorry, man....but this is a horrible take on the situation. If you're getting a qb transfer in April, it probably means he's not very good and you completely struck out on your targets.

I am in full support of Rhule, but he certainly pushed all of his chips in on DR. (A decision I support, btw.)

Ok I’ll chill! What happens happens
Rhule is doing everything we can ask of him. I firmly believe that. I never once thought McCord was a great fit for us. I would prefer a guy who can hurt you with his legs if need be. Raiola is a bruiser. He hasn’t shown a lot of quickness but if he can buy time in the pocket and be tough to bring down that probably works too. Ben Rothlisberger wasn’t going to outrun anybody but you better be a man if you were going to tackle him. One thing about Raiola we wouldn’t have to worry about is the fire in his belly.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: Laner2
When you’re the starter at Ohio St and after entering the transfer portal your options appear to be Nebraska and Syracuse, many many other coaches passed on you.

McCord is no Coke or Pepsi. McCord is like RC Cola and Raiola is Coke.

Now it’s many other coaches? Before it was 131 schools passed on you. Before it was only Nebraska and Q’s out of the 133? No G5 schools would take him?. You are doing more gaslighting and changing up your narrative . Q’s actually have a deduction and a market for NIL. They gave McCord $1MM. Don’t see that happening at a lot of P5 schools. Some schools sure.

And Even if McCord is RC Cola, we are still left thirsty. RC Cola still better than the sugar water we have

Reactions: BleedRed78
Dingle, sorry, man....but this us is a horrible take on the situation. If you're getting a qb transfer in April, it probably means he's not very good.

I am in full support of Rhule, but he certainly pushed all of his chips in on DR. (A decision I support, btw.)
I’m not sure McCord was the answer though either. Kinda my point. I was lukewarm about him from the start. Everybody wanted to set the hook on the first bite. IF we take a portal guy I wanna be sure. I don’t think McCord was the right fit. Hopefully that’s what Rhule was seeing as well.

Im not going to blame the OL coach if he doesn't come here.

That would be dumb.

Now because his olines suck? by all means ..lol

Last edited:
Reactions: cvogele29
Now it’s many other coaches? Before it was 131 schools passed on you. Before it was only Nebraska and Q’s out of the 133? No G5 schools would take him?. You are doing more gaslighting and changing up your Barr. Q’s actually have a deduction and a market for NIL. They gave McCord $1MM. Don’t see that happening at a lot of P5 schools. Some schools sure.

And Even if McCord is RC Cola, we are still left thirsty. RC Cola still better than the sugar water we have

If McCord doesn’t come to Nebraska because Rhule is also recruiting Raiola that is on him, not Rhule. End of story. I have had enough of the analogies. Rhule is looking to build Nebraska. If he tells McCord that he is the guaranteed starter, does Raiola even make the trip? If you want to win over the next few years, getting to top QB in the class of 24 is a bigger priority than a guy who has proven he will run from competition. The residual recruits that Raiola brings in 25 and 26 far outweigh what McCord would bring in for 24.

Your opinion is short sighted.

Okay. What isn’t he doing?
in-game management left a little (putting it kindly) to be desired

personnel management left a little (putting it kindly) to be desired

his hand-picked OC doesn't exactly seem to have playmakers knocking down his door to play for him

maybe this is just what he means when he says he wants to "do it the hard way"

it is what it is. if he signs Raiola all will be forgiven yet again and he'll buy 2 more years of losing from the vast majority of the fanbase if he needs them.

If McCord doesn’t come to Nebraska because Rhule is also recruiting Raiola that is on him, not Rhule. End of story. I have had enough of the analogies. Rhule is looking to build Nebraska. If he tells McCord that he is the guaranteed starter, does Raiola even make the trip? If you want to win over the next few years, getting to top QB in the class of 24 is a bigger priority than a guy who has proven he will run from competition. The residual recruits that Raiola brings in 25 and 26 far outweigh what McCord would bring in for 24.

Your opinion is short sighted.
My opinion is at least consistent. Yours isn’t.

Rhule took a chance and looks like he blew it. Again, in leadership when you take risk and fail, you are very much accountable for the mistake.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The drama is on our part. The Rsiola’s aren’t posting on social media every few minutes.
The Raiolas brought the circus to town. Just because they aren't advertising it doesn't mean that they have no blame in it being here.
I’m not sure McCord was the answer though either. Kinda my point. I was lukewarm about him from the start. Everybody wanted to set the hook on the first bite. IF we take a portal guy I wanna be sure. I don’t think McCord was the right fit. Hopefully that’s what Rhule was seeing as well.
Maybe, maybe not. That being said, why the hell even bring him in then?

Like I said, dingle. You know I like you here. You can't spin this, though. Just call it what it is I let's hope it happens. He is taking a shot at the Golden ticket rather than taking the sure thing.

I have no problem with that, as I said.

Last edited:
in-game management left a little (putting it kindly) to be desired

personnel management left a little (putting it kindly) to be desired

his hand-picked OC doesn't exactly seem to have playmakers knocking down his door to play for him

maybe this is just what he means when he says he wants to "do it the hard way"

it is what it is. if he signs Raiola all will be forgiven yet again and he'll buy 2 more years of losing from the vast majority of the fanbase if he needs them.
Kong this is the same crowd that complained about our QB situation when we were winning but praised the QB who keeps losing. Obviously an intelligent bunch. 😂

My opinion is at least consistent. Yours isn’t.

Rhule took a chance and looks like he blew it. Again, in leadership when you take risk and fail, you are very much accountable for the mistake.

You are making opinions based on nothing.

Until Raiola publicly acknowledges he is staying with Georgia there is no mistake made. Literally everyone in the business believes Raiola is flipping.

Kong this is the same crowd that complained about our QB situation when we were winning but praised the QB who keeps losing. Obviously an intelligent bunch. 😂
please keep in mind my post is derived from me living in an "alternate reality" in which the things that actually happened actually happened and daydreams/fantasies are daydreams/fantasies

The Raiolas brought the circus to town. Just because they aren't advertising it doesn't mean that they have no blame in it being here.

Maybe, maybe not. That being said, why the hell even bring him in then?

Like I said, dingle. You know I like you here. You can't spin this, though. Just call it what it is I let's hope it happens. He is taking a shot at the Golden ticket than taking the sure thing.

I have no problem with that, as I said.
So what is it? It’s recruiting. I’ll take a little drama if it gets us a few difference makers every year. Rhule is all in on a legacy 5*. Our last 4 head coaches wouldn’t have gotten a visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT