ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Still Talking with Kirby/Georgia

As you know, it would be HOW it happened that would be the most upsetting. On one hand you would have Dylan and/or his agent getting word out that he was going to NU. And this would be the third time that he spurned NU. On the other hand, you have Rhule & Co. who haven't done anything to calm the waters- seemingly passing on a 3rd team All Big 10 QB transfer in the process. And then there's the mega hype coming from the sports media that makes things worse like it always does.
This is insanity. People need to chill and let an 18 year old make up his mind then move on regardless of what he does. Nobody is “playing” us.

I believe they are. It will certainly diminish Dom’s legacy.
Don’s legacy will be determined by what his O lines do going forward. Not by what his nephew does IMO. Good heavens I had virtually zero say in where my OWN kids went to college let alone where my nephews did. It’s ludicrous. Whether or not his relation to Dylan helped him keep his job when Rhule was hired can be debated but it’s a separate issue now.

Reactions: Bold Words
Don’s legacy will be determined by what his O lines do going forward. Not by what his nephew does IMO. Good heavens I had virtually zero say in where my OWN kids went to college let alone where my nephews did. It’s ludicrous. Whether or not his relation to Dylan helped him keep his job when Rhule was hired can be debated but it’s a separate issue now.
He said DOM.

I believe they are. It will certainly diminish Dom’s legacy.
Exactly. Not "officially", but that will be a hard burden to carry. Quite frankly. the Raiola family's connection with the university will have problems going forward. Not because he didn't choose to come here, but the manner in which it was done. That is, if he goes back to Georgia.

Exactly. Not "officially", but that will be a hard burden to carry. Quite frankly. the Raiola family's connection with the university will have problems going forward. Not because he didn't choose to come here, but the manner in which it was done. That is, if he goes back to Georgia.
Meh. IF the kid sticks with Georgia and never plays nobody will care. People need to not get so crazy over an 18 year old’s decision process. Have you ever had kids trying to decide about where to go to college? I can NOT imagine being Dylan’s dad right now. No doubt he just wants this to be over.

He signed the LOI. Finally Nebraskans (we) deserve this for once lol
Lies No GIF

Care to elaborate? Is there going to be a rally outside Memorial Stadium to fire up the mob or are we talking about anonymous posts on message boards becoming more unpleasant?
Season 8 Mob Justice GIF by The Simpsons

This is insanity. People need to chill and let an 18 year old make up his mind then move on regardless of what he does. Nobody is “playing” us.
The last few days has really reminded me why I was happy Dylan picked Ohio state/Georgia and not Nebraska. I don’t mean this as a coping “we didn’t want him anyway” post. I just don’t think this fan base can handle a legacy #1 qb in the country savior right now. We torched frost. And Dylan will be placed into that same role. There’s no way he can meet expectations and will be unfairly railroaded by the end of his career at NU. I still hope he comes as we need a qb. But man is he set up for failure

The last few days has really reminded me why I was happy Dylan picked Ohio state/Georgia and not Nebraska. I don’t mean this as a coping “we didn’t want him anyway” post. I just don’t think this fan base can handle a legacy #1 qb in the country savior right now. We torched frost. And Dylan will be placed into that same role. There’s no way he can meet expectations and will be unfairly railroaded by the end of his career at NU. I still hope he comes as we need a qb. But man is he set up for failure
It doesn’t matter who the 4 or 5 star QB is at any program that cares. IF they play poorly they get pilloried. We’re beyond fanatical. It’s insanity.

It doesn’t matter who the 4 or 5 star QB is at any program that cares. IF they play poorly they get pilloried. We’re beyond fanatical. It’s insanity.
To a degree you’re right. But the legacy aspect of this makes it worse. Because it’s not just business. His family are huskers. There is 100 percent a personal aspect to it that will make any shortcoming more painful

To a degree you’re right. But the legacy aspect of this makes it worse. Because it’s not just business. His family are huskers. There is 100 percent a personal aspect to it that will make any shortcoming more painful
Not for me. IF he goes to Georgia it’s because we haven’t won enough to deserve a 5 star QB. That’s on us. Yeah it would sting but IF he flips to NU that’s a really unbelievable heart decision.

The last few days has really reminded me why I was happy Dylan picked Ohio state/Georgia and not Nebraska. I don’t mean this as a coping “we didn’t want him anyway” post. I just don’t think this fan base can handle a legacy #1 qb in the country savior right now. We torched frost. And Dylan will be placed into that same role. There’s no way he can meet expectations and will be unfairly railroaded by the end of his career at NU. I still hope he comes as we need a qb. But man is he set up for fail

It's really cute fans like you think it would be any different anywhere else. Especially Georgia. Try LSU and Bama. Hell, McCord was 3rd string all big 10 and 90 percent of the fanbase were dancing when he entered the portal and a good portion were discussing the need to fire Day after an 11-1 season.

Welcome to Division 1 football.

Not for me. IF he goes to Georgia it’s because we haven’t won enough to deserve a 5 star QB. That’s on us. Yeah it would sting but IF he flips to NU that’s a really unbelievable heart decision.
Not sure I was clear….it will make him coming to Nebraska more personal if he doesn’t meet expectations. People will get over it if he goes to Georgia. If he comes to Nebraska, it will be more painful when the locals skewer him for every bad play than if he had no family ties to this place. That is what makes me almost want him to go elsewhere. I don’t want the riaola’s to join the list of legacies that now resent NU

Reactions: dinglefritz
Not sure I was clear….it will make him coming to Nebraska more personal if he doesn’t meet expectations. People will get over it if he goes to Georgia. If he comes to Nebraska, it will be more painful when the locals skewer him for every bad play than if he had no family ties to this place. That is what makes me almost want him to go elsewhere. I don’t want the riaola’s to join the list of legacies that now resent NU
Well that goes along with the crazies wanting to blame his uncle if he doesn’t come here. It’s insanity.

Reactions: Laner2 and OzzyLvr
DR would get a longer leash than any other qb. Same for DK now.

He has committed to 2 cutthroat schools, OSU and UGA. He knows what he's getting into.

It has everything to do with Dom's legacy. There was no need for this last minute drama if he doesn't come here. And the dad and uncle could have squashed it.
Um no. You’ve not gone through a college decision with a highly motivated kid. You have no say. You just listen and support or it turns in to a brouhaha. This is Dylan’s decision and nobody else’s. Our fans are the ones who need to check their emotions. I’ll celebrate if f he’s N but until he signs I’ll just wait and see.

DOM has ZERO say in this. NONE! He’s doing all we can ask of him. Without Donovan and Dom we would have never gotten a sniff of this kid. Yet here we are still in the running. It’s all we can ask of them. If we get him we get him. IF we don’t Rhule and Dom busted their asses trying. I’m ECSTATIC that we’re still in the mix. We probably shouldn’t be.

Reactions: Corncountry
This is all hypothetical but if he doesn't sign the fanbase is going to be pissed about being lead on. They'll blame the Dad. The kid has been to Lincoln hundreds of times. There was no need for this if he's staying in Georgia. Most had forgotten he committed to them and was already moved on to Kaelin and a transfer portal QB
Well that goes along with the crazies wanting to blame his uncle if he doesn’t come here. It’s insanity.
Few blamed him for him committing to Georgia. Last Monday changed everything.

Um no. You’ve not gone through a college decision with a highly motivated kid. You have no say. You just listen and support or it turns in to a brouhaha. This is Dylan’s decision and nobody else’s. Our fans are the ones who need to check their emotions. I’ll celebrate if f he’s N but until he signs I’ll just wait and see.
He already made a decision. You're too dense to see what this looks like if he sticks with Georgia.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Lol. Give me a break. The kid still lives with his parents. They could shut this last visit down on their end or Donny could have on his end. The parents can't stop his choice but they could absolutely shut down this last trip.

Lol. Give me a break. The kid still lives with his parents. They could shut this last visit down on their end or Donny could have on his end. The parents can't stop his choice but they could absolutely shut down this last trip.
It’s not how it works. Rhule is getting the last shot at Dylan. That’s all we can ask.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
🙄🙄something a battered wife would say. Need help?

Not by all accounts.

Maybe he has. Maybe he hasn’t. One of my kids enrolled at a school and left on day 3 to come back to NU. I’ll believe he’s made his decision when he signs.
There is no maybe. He verbally committed to Georgia in May. If Dom let him come on this visit for a maybe, people are gonna claim he let his kid use us to bargain with Georgia for money and a guarantee. And they might be correct in that assumption. They might be wrong. It won't matter.

There is no maybe. He verbally committed to Georgia in May. If Dom let him come on this visit for a maybe, people are gonna claim he let his kid use us to bargain with Georgia for money and a guarantee. And they might be correct in that assumption. They might be wrong. It won't matter.
So you would rather he not take one last visit to NU if there’s only a 25% chance he flips? Okay. Makes sense🙄

• Haha
This can technically go into and beyond February, correct?
He can sign Wednesday or the first Wednesday in February I believe. But he is supposedly an early enrollee so would need to sign Wednesday if that is the case. He could have been taking part in UGA bowl practices over the weekend if he wanted.

Reactions: huskerfan66
He can sign Wednesday or the first Wednesday in February I believe. But he is supposedly an early enrollee so would need to sign Wednesday if that is the case. He could have been taking part in UGA bowl practices over the weekend if he wanted.
Hopefully it doesn't go into Feb.

So you would rather he not take one last visit to NU if there’s only a 25% chance he flips? Okay. Makes sense🙄
Not if it takes Kyle McCord from 99% to 0%. The only time you take Dylan if it’s a sure done deal.

@ 25% you tell Dylan enjoy Athens, we’ve got Kyle McCord running the show next year and working on developing DK.

You can’t risk everything on uncertainty like that. Not one you have good things to lose. Matt f-d around and found out. That’s not a good sign of a leader. Some of us are Husker fans, not cult Matt Rhule fans

brother Matt will always have the dingles of the world.

Not if it takes Kyle McCord from 99% to 0%. The only time you take Dylan if it’s a sure done deal.

@ 25% you tell Dylan enjoy Athens, we’ve got Kyle McCord running the show next year and working on developing DK.

You can’t risk everything on uncertainty like that. Not one you have good things to lose. Matt ****ed around and found out. That’s not a good sign of a leader. Some of us are Husker fans, not cult Matt Rhule fans
We almost lost DK as well.. still could

wasnt Coleman still texting with prime even after he signed with Nebraska? we will probably find out on Wednesday if riola is staying with Georgia. Like I mentioned if he does this past weekend was nothing more than a vacation for him and play the coaching staff one last time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT