ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola hype train

main thing about raiola is we don't get him hurt his first year..like the 2 martinezes...they were never the same..
It's been a couple years since we had a qb go all year without injury...
hopefully hh and the belveiw qb can take some of the load.

main thing about raiola is we don't get him hurt his first year..like the 2 martinezes...they were never the same..
Raiola won’t run nearly as much as TM and AM, so that should greatly reduce his chances of getting injured.

…and to think, just a few short years ago, we had Mario Verduzco forbid our QBs from any third party QB coaching in the offseason (as to not ruin the mario way).

That Verdu method was such a major red flag at the time. Just ridiculous.
Idk man, it worked for a 40 year old former QB turned coach.

Part of that is a QB knowing how to avoid injuries...

Reactions: redwine65
Part of that is a QB knowing how to avoid injuries...
TMart couldn't slide to save his own life. He was blazing fast but didn't have that wiggle to avoid contact. Some guys just have a knack for never taking a direct hit. Some of that is just lateral quickness but I think peripheral vision plays a big role. Unfortunately I think Haarberg lacks that vision and lateral quickness and I suspect Kaelin may as well. Armstrong was a big strong guy who thought he was a RB. He was going to do what he could to win and that meant taking hits. Zac Taylor was amazing. He took some brutal hits, a lot of them and and just kept getting back up.

12465904.png

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Only a fool would think that Raiola is not going to be our starting QB. Kaelin is not ready and Raiola's talent is way beyond that of HH by several orders of magnitude. He is going to make Freshman mistakes. That is just part of the deal. But he is the future. The coaches know it. And everyone else knows it too.
i remember josh freeman coming in as a freshman down here. he was ofttimes bad his first few games. but he got better the back half. likewise, N's backloaded schedule will greatly benefit raiola - winning the first seven. cu could be interesting, i suppose. but after that it will get dicey with the freshman out there chucking it around.

Last edited:
i remember josh freeman coming in as a freshman down here. he was ofttimes bad his first few games. but he got better the back half. likewise, N's backloaded schedule will greatly benefit raiola - winning the first seven. cu could be interesting, i suppose. but after that it will get dicey with the freshman out there chucking it around.
Who?

As many will remember, Freeman was originally a Husker commit in Callahan's last season. Callahan was assembling a really strong class before he got fired and the class disintegrated. If only he had recognized the need to recruit a D coordinator.
Don't remember Freeman committing to NU, but if he did, that would have happened in 2005 or 06, since Freeman was class of 2006. Callahan was fired in November of 2007. Gabbert was the QB that decommitted the year Callahan was fired.

Don't remember Freeman committing to NU, but if he did, that would have happened in 2005 or 06, since Freeman was class of 2006. Callahan was fired in November of 2007. Gabbert was the QB that decommitted the year Callahan was fired.
You're right, I was confusing Gabbert with Freeman in Cally's last recruiting class. But Freeman was definitely was a verbal to Callahan before flipping to KSU.

Reactions: V-Doub
You're right, I was confusing Gabbert with Freeman in Cally's last recruiting class. But Freeman was definitely was a verbal to Callahan before flipping to KSU.
Correct. I may be wrong on this part, but I vaguely remember some talk about getting Freeman's dad on the staff at Kansas St as a consultant or analyst, that swung the tide over to Kansas State?

Correct. I may be wrong on this part, but I vaguely remember some talk about getting Freeman's dad on the staff at Kansas St as a consultant or analyst, that swung the tide over to Kansas State?
freeman's father was executive director of the kansas republican party at the time. he's a good friend.

1629728485355.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
freeman's father was executive director of the kansas republican party at the time. he's a good friend.

1629728485355.jpeg
Could have done without the photo. I don't think anyone really cares what he looks like.

Also, how does a kid go to school in Missouri if dad lives in Kansas, which I would imagine would be a requirement of a leader of the state party? I suppose a divorce could have been involved. Anyway, just thinking out loud. Summer time as a school teacher allows for far too many trips down rabbit holes.

Could have done without the photo. I don't think anyone really cares what he looks like.

Also, how does a kid go to school in Missouri if dad lives in Kansas, which I would imagine would be a requirement of a leader of the state party? I suppose a divorce could have been involved. Anyway, just thinking out loud. Summer time as a school teacher allows for far too many trips down rabbit holes.
i never asked the question.

As many will remember, Freeman was originally a Husker commit in Callahan's last season. Callahan was assembling a really strong class before he got fired and the class disintegrated. If only he had recognized the need to recruit a D coordinator.

Think your timeline is a little off. Gabbart was the QB in the class that disintegrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT