ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola Cancels April UGA Visit

huskers-husk.gif

Ive long thought that USC was way more of a challenge than georgia to land him. USC is the team to beat here.
Nebraska needs to show improvement. Dylan wants to be here but more importantly is realistic about his future, and lincoln riley has a track record one cannot ignore.

To put it another way, even with our recent past, if Riley was the coach here I believe hewould have already committed to NU.

Ive long thought that USC was way more of a challenge than georgia to land him. USC is the team to beat here.
Nebraska needs to show improvement. Dylan wants to be here but more importantly is realistic about his future, and lincoln riley has a track record one cannot ignore.

To put it another way, even with our recent past, if Riley was the coach here I believe hewould have already committed to NU.
I know these 5 stars don't worry about competition too much but USC did just get a 5 star in 2023. One of them is going to be second string if they are at the same school. Not much competition here.

I know these 5 stars don't worry about competition too much but USC did just get a 5 star in 2023. One of them is going to be second string if they are at the same school. Not much competition here.

They don't worry much especially now with the transfer portal. If you don't get the job you can just transfer somewhere else and play right away.

Not sure how we can show improvement, as he will be committing before the season starts.

I can understand the attraction for Lincoln Riley, but USC landed QB Malachi Nelson from Los Alamitos who was the 12 highest rated player on 247 2023 recruiting so I can see where Dylan would have more of a attraction to Nebraska…

USC just has a track record for putting QBs in the NFL regardless of whether they are good or not once they get there. Speaking as an alum of both NU and USC, USC has NU beat with academics, alumni network, and women.

I can understand the attraction for Lincoln Riley, but USC landed QB Malachi Nelson from Los Alamitos who was the 12 highest rated player on 247 2023 recruiting so I can see where Dylan would have more of a attraction to Nebraska…
agree, USC signed a QB with similar talent in 2023, they will sign someone equally as talented for 2025 and 2026

we didn't sign anyone in 2023 and likely won't sign anyone with near as much talent in 2025

1/2 the battle at that position where the QB1 gets all the reps and game day snaps is being named QB1 - see Burrow and Hurts - we have a huge advantage over USC in this regard

It would come with a lot of pressure and unrealistic expectations. I hope we land him but he alone can’t save us.
Yah I want the kid but there’s no way of knowing if he’s the next Joe Burrow or he ends up being a guy like marlon lucky who was solid but unspectacular for his rating.

You have to land them to find out

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yah I want the kid but there’s no way of knowing if he’s the next Joe Burrow or he ends up being a guy like marlon lucky who was solid but unspectacular for his rating.

You have to land them to find out
Marlon Lucky is ranked 5th all time in all purpose yards at NU ahead of Burkhead-Helu and Crouch. We could do a lot worse than Marlon Lucky.

I know he's the number 1 recruit in the nation. But I see his sophomore season was much better than his Junior year. Has anyone seen him play in person?

It would come with a lot of pressure and unrealistic expectations. I hope we land him but he alone can’t save us.
Gonna need to improve our O line a TON to have a realistic chance, IMHO…

Would Joe Burrow be who he is today if he’d have come to NU over LSU?

The answer is an emphatic NO. Would’ve had a huge impact on his career.

He's coming to Nebraska. His dad already knows how awesome it is here and knows that no program in the country is more about football than Nebraska. He can always transfer if it doesn't work out...he's going to be N.

USC just has a track record for putting QBs in the NFL regardless of whether they are good or not once they get there. Speaking as an alum of both NU and USC, USC has NU beat with academics, alumni network, and women.
Sorry for the message board hate you're getting. It shows what our fanbase is really like. Anyway, from the post above, everything you said seems pretty true to me, although the women part could be considered subjective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT