ADVERTISEMENT

DT Recruit on John Parrella

Smokin
smh.jpg
:mad:SickLaughing
Seriously though. How do we know he won't go back to Northern Michigan after this little financial parachute?Smokin

Reactions: dinglefritz
Coach Parrella gets an A from me in this first class of his. He identified targets early on, went after them and was relentless throughout the process. Thanks to Hughes lack of recruiting, Parrella was behind the 8-ball but he gave ZF's and got it done.

This next DL class is equally important, new system and time to stock pile talented guys JP feels fit.

Excellent work coach, keep grinding!

Coach Parrella gets an A from me in this first class of his. He identified targets early on, went after them and was relentless throughout the process. Thanks to Hughes lack of recruiting, Parrella was behind the 8-ball but he gave ZF's and got it done.

This next DL class is equally important, new system and time to stock pile talented guys JP feels fit.

Excellent work coach, keep grinding!

Remember when Coach Bray was the go to guy for recruiting? Bray is now like the middle of the road recruiter on this staff and that's not a knock on Bray. This staff is forming nicely. Parrella brings it on the recruiting trail and actually appears to like it. Recruiting is an art and you cant fake it. Kids know when your faking it. GREATTTTTTTT Job Coach Parrealla

Per Mike Schafer:

Want to feel better about the John Parrella hire? Here's what a defensive line recruit who spoke with him over the weekend said:

“When I first started talking to him, you know how you can tell a vibe, I was feeling a great vibe,” he said. “I felt like I had know him for two or three years. I promise you he’s a good talker. We discussed how he was in the NFL for 12 years. We discussed how he knows the JUCO struggle and what I’m going through every day. He knows where I’m at. He’s been where I want to go. That really got me feeling good on the phone. Usually when I’m talking with a coach I’m on the phone for 10 minutes, but with coach Parrella we were on the phone for an hour and 10 minutes. Every second of it I enjoyed."

What a waste, so inefficient, Bama would be on the phone for only 6 minutes but would include ca$h payment strategies.

Coach Parrella did an outstanding job of nabbing who he wanted, and then fought off other schools. Definite A in my book.
I don't follow recruiting all that closely but Parella does seem to have the "it" factor. He may be able to look at a coordinator position in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT