ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Martinez

Seriously are there two Drake Martinez? And, re his bro who played QB for us--he had some great games, but , like Bobby Newcombe, was never really the same after his injury.

Funny c2o, always crack me up! We need to meet at a game next yr.

Reactions: c2o
I think Taylor has a studio for developing smartphone apps doesn't he? I'd assume he has to be fairly intelligent to do that.
Not trying to bash Taylor or anything, but an article I read one time about him making apps made it sound like he basically came up with the ideas and farmed out the actual coding of them to someone else.

Reactions: TheNewNU
First he had Aspergers, now he had a 14 on his ACT? Let's see what other bull$hit we can make up about this guy.
Dude kicked some butt and never had a bad word to say about Nebraska despite all the hate. weird.
What's wrong with Aspergers Syndrome?

I think it's more common than people think. There are many high functioning, undiagnosed Aspies and not unusual that they are very intelligent. Given enough time they can learn to mimic accepted social norms, even though they feel uncomfortable in social situations.

Now, I'm not claiming that Taylor has Aspergers but what if he does? The autism spectrum is very broad. While it does make life a bit more difficult, it is possible to learn to function, and even be very successful. Supposedly Einstein, Mozart, Bill Gates and many other famous people had Aspergers Syndrome. Many people have challenges to overcome. Fact is, Taylor could run like a deer and was talented enough to play college football at the highest level and I'll never forget his Kansas State game when he caught the Nations attention.

The fact some people feel the need to vehemently defend Taylor against Aspergers rumors tells me that perhaps these people may not fully understand what Aspergers is.

If Taylor does have Aspergers then perhaps people should understand how difficult and uncomfortable it was for him to do the interviews he did do, rather than criticize him for how "unpolished" he seemed doing them. Public speaking scares NT(Neuro-Typical) folks. Multiply that fear by about 10 for an Aspie.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-26-at-12.29.59-PM.png

Reactions: kikdakan
Agree with Husker Born. Before his injury he was "lightning in a bottle", almost like a Christian McCaffrey

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT