ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Thread

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Interesting, Kyle Schwarber to the cubs at #4.

My White Sox picked up Rodon, I'm very excited about that.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Just glad we don't have to see Scwarber anymore. That guy has crushed one out of the park in every game I happen to see him play.

Originally posted by HuskerFan31:
Originally posted by sklarbodds:
Monte Harrison taken #50 by the brewers...oh well :)
Doesn't sound like he's willing to sign for the slot value.
Yeah, after further reading it sounds like we might have a chance (though it could be part of the negotiations).

It really depends on his goal and bottom dollar figure. If it's $2 mil + I think we have a shot. If it's 1.5, he's doing a good job of negotiating that right now.

If he's like Boldt and truly would be OK coming to school if his $ isn't met, then I think we're good.

And he could be gone. The Nats saved money on their first 2 picks. Fedde and Suarez will both be below slot signings. The Nats should be able to go well higher than slot on Reetz if they want.

Originally posted by Metalfan:
And he could be gone. The Nats saved money on their first 2 picks. Fedde and Suarez will both be below slot signings. The Nats should be able to go well higher than slot on Reetz if they want.
If they stay at slot money then I wonder how much harder that decision becomes. 93rd slot money is $567,300. If this kid blows up as his potential would show, he could be better served coming to NU for a few years.

Whelp,,,day 2 of the draft in the books the Huskers still are just looking at Reetz and Harrison to this point.

My Cubbies have done exactly what they needed to, they drafted pitching and more pitching with a couple catchers in the early rounds.

The Royals have a nice balanced draft between pitches and position players so far with the most of their position players coming in the outfield.

Originally posted by webo-lieve:
PK was just drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 12th round...
sick0020.r191677.gif

Garett King to the Mets in the 36th round.

This post was edited on 6/7 5:25 PM by HuskerFan31

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT