ADVERTISEMENT

Does this mean Raiola is N town?

Raiola to USC regardless of what the media says! NU is a DARKHORSE!!! Georgia is a strong second.

I don’t care anymore where he goes. Many a 5 star high school QB has turned into a bust, and many a unheralded 3 star has emerged to lead their team to championships. I will be thrilled if he commits here but I ain’t holding my breath. In the meantime my focus is on how Rhule builds a foundation this year for a winning culture, and how well he recruits across the board. And if he does really well at that this year then we will be able to recruit an excellent QB for 24 even if his name isn’t Raiola.

If he continues to string out his recruitment he may not have a school to go to. I have moved on. I see him as an attention whore looking for his dates...
Wow. I think that is harsh. You do not even know the kid. And all he is doing is making the mature decision to think about his future very carefully. How many times do we see these young guys commit on the spot out of the emotion of the moment, only to drop their commitment and commit elsewhere at the last second? I applaud Dylan for taking his time. I just do not think he will come here so I have moved on. But I wish him well and I hope he lights it up wherever he goes.

Hate to tell ya but we need to improve immensely before these kids come knocking. Don’t sweat it. You’re just setting yourself up for highly possible disappointment

Reactions: Skinrad
So if Dylan is no longer interested who are the other QB the staff interested in landing them for this class..

Wow. I think that is harsh. You do not even know the kid. And all he is doing is making the mature decision to think about his future very carefully. How many times do we see these young guys commit on the spot out of the emotion of the moment, only to drop their commitment and commit elsewhere at the last second? I applaud Dylan for taking his time. I just do not think he will come here so I have moved on. But I wish him well and I hope he lights it up wherever he goes.
OP is kind of correct , USC has moved from him for This reason.

It doesn't really matter, if he goes to UGA he will likely be in the transfer portal in a year. In fact, he'll probably be in the portal in a year no matter where he goes, so it might be better not to sign him out of high school. Just get him from the portal after he has used his one-time transfer, then he can't transfer again.

We have 2 commits for this class I think. I guess that means all of the kids who havent made their decision yet are attention whores??
This is in reference that most coaches want their QB's committed first so they can build around that. The longer a QB strings this out the harder to build around him. If he waits too long schools will get another QB to build around and leave fewer schools for the QB to commit to.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
If he continues to string out his recruitment he may not have a school to go to. I have moved on. I see him as an attention whore looking for his dates...
Guys like him don’t have to worry about committing early to hold a spot. He could wait until signing day and there would be plenty of programs who would make room including Nebraska. That would limit his peer recruiting if he did that though.

I don’t care anymore where he goes. Many a 5 star high school QB has turned into a bust, and many a unheralded 3 star has emerged to lead their team to championships. I will be thrilled if he commits here but I ain’t holding my breath. In the meantime my focus is on how Rhule builds a foundation this year for a winning culture, and how well he recruits across the board. And if he does really well at that this year then we will be able to recruit an excellent QB for 24 even if his name isn’t Raiola.
Way more 3 star QBs never even take a snap in a college football game then 5 stars and it’s not even close… 25% of 5 stars will make up the starting QBs in the NFL. I think I like my chances better with a 5 star. 🤷‍♂️

Just don’t play the role of a 5 year old “I didn’t want him anyway” . makes you look like an Iowa football fan… LOL

Not landing him would suck but we will still play football in Lincoln NE. but stating I’d like to take my chances in finding a diamond in the rough is just crazy BS that delusional people say. Plus then you’ll have to back pedal when he commits to NU… we still in it. It’s unlikely but kid hasn’t commuted anywhere yet

Last edited:
Kind of silly isn’t it. Why the hell should he commit so early? It’s extremely early and most of the QBs committing now are worried about finding a spot they like. Dylan ain’t worried.
Not a comment on Dylan specifically but most QBs traditionally like to commit early so they can have an active participation in recruiting other kids to the class. It's not about them needing to have a spot (at least for the elite QBs) it's because they want to help build a team of talent around them. I know of course that you know all that.

I'm guessing if Dylan plans to go to Georgia or USC, he's not that worried about building talent around him because those schools rake in the talent year after year with or without him. So he can stay uncommitted for a long time and just keep enjoying the visits. On the other hand he'd probably want to commit earlier if his choice was going to be Nebraska so he could get involved with recruiting. Yes, this last paragraph is pure speculation on my part.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Arch Manning committed to Texas late for a qb in the recruiting process for a quarterback. Atleast we are in the conversation with Dylan.

Reactions: BleedRed78
All the media, hype and drooling = good for nobody. Who wants to play here? If it is him, swell. If not...next!?

I hope he comes here obviously but it is always good to get your QB to commit early so you can have him help you recruit. But hest of luck to the kid wherever he ends up. I believe in Rhule doing well with whoever he gets.

I think him comitting early already to osu is the reason he is taking more time this go around.. he realized he rushed it and wants to take his time this time. I dont blame him for enjoying the benefits of being the #1 high school recruit in the nation. JMHO

Lolololol that you think he may not have a school to go to. Lolololol!
OP is not correct on not having a school, but it sounds like USC if fed up with the way he is going about it.

Not a comment on Dylan specifically but most QBs traditionally like to commit early so they can have an active participation in recruiting other kids to the class. It's not about them needing to have a spot (at least for the elite QBs) it's because they want to help build a team of talent around them. I know of course that you know all that.

I'm guessing if Dylan plans to go to Georgia or USC, he's not that worried about building talent around him because those schools rake in the talent year after year with or without him. So he can stay uncommitted for a long time and just keep enjoying the visits. On the other hand he'd probably want to commit earlier if his choice was going to be Nebraska so he could get involved with recruiting. Yes, this last paragraph is pure speculation on my part.
May would be plenty early to peer recruit.

I care more about building a great offensive and defensive line again. Once you have that the quarterbacks will come. Hope he comes to Lincoln but my focus is on the rebuild happening with the ingredients we have. I can't worry about what we dont have or might have.

Kind of silly isn’t it. Why the hell should he commit so early? It’s extremely early and most of the QBs committing now are worried about finding a spot they like. Dylan ain’t worried.

Because you can help build your class beause of your commitment.

My loyalty is to the school not to a player.

OP is not correct on not having a school, but it sounds like USC if fed up with the way he is going about it.

What exactly is he doing? He has been very positive and respectful about every visit he has taken and never said a negative word about either of his supposed finalist. I think his decision has been made, and the coaches know where it is. If Riley didn't think he was out of it would have made the comment about USC not being the place for him. Ironically soon as OU announced they were moving to the SEC he heads to USC because he didn't want to compete, and then USC to the BIG10. NU started making contact with another QB, both hints that they know something. UGA has a QB battle going on now, both want to play. The loser of that battle is likely to transfer. One is a former 5* who sat behind a 2* and watched him win 2 NC. So much for the rankings

Way more 3 star QBs never even take a snap in a college football game then 5 stars and it’s not even close… 25% of 5 stars will make up the starting QBs in the NFL. I think I like my chances better with a 5 star. 🤷‍♂️

Just don’t play the role of a 5 year old “I didn’t want him anyway” . makes you look like an Iowa football fan… LOL

Not landing him would suck but we will still play football in Lincoln NE. but stating I’d like to take my chances in finding a diamond in the rough is just crazy BS that delusional people say. Plus then you’ll have to back pedal when he commits to NU… we still in it. It’s unlikely but kid hasn’t commuted anywhere yet
I believe I said I would be thrilled if we landed him. That is hardly saying that we don't want him anyway. But I stand by my point. I don't think he is coming here and so I have let it go. But hey that is me. I would rather focus on recruiting some of the other excellent QB prospects that are out there in 24. The hype is just getting to be annoying at this point. If he comes here great. If he doesn't then on to the next dude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT