ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa Win a B1G Title in Your Lifetime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember 1985. I was a freshman in high school. Iowa had probably their best team ever with Chuck Long, Ronnie Harmon, and Larry Station(your welcome). Nebraska had one of their worst seasons in about a 35 year stretch. Nebraska still won more games and finished higher in the polls than the hogeyes. There ya go, pretty much the way it will always be.

For most of you Iowa already has won a B1G title in your life and more than one. With that being said, I believe the question was asked on the Iowa board because Nebraska technically hasn't won a BIG title yet since they are new to the conference.

I heard that the 1958 Mayberry Women's "Every other Wednesday gardening club" also named Iowa as it's national champions.

Reactions: St. Anger
That is yellow.
You can call it old whatever, but it is still yellow.
As for being "unique"...

Iowa straight up took the Steelers uniform and slapped some stupid stuff upside of it.

Iowa football has been more bad than good.

Your coach is not a good coach.
You stole your uniforms, and made them suck.
Your stadium sucks.
Your fans suck.

And the apocalypse will happen before Iowa wins a National Championship.

Typical crybaby Nebraska fan. The comment was on the team colors. Iowa's colors have been black and gold for decades. Sure Hayden Fry changed some designs to match the Steelers as exactly as possible. Did so in coordination with the Steelers. Your response is our coach, uniforms, stadium and fans suck. Typical response.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
Typical crybaby Nebraska fan. The comment was on the team colors. Iowa's colors have been black and gold for decades. Sure Hayden Fry changed some designs to match the Steelers as exactly as possible. Did so in coordination with the Steelers. Your response is our coach, uniforms, stadium and fans suck. Typical response.

As is yours,pot meet kettle.

Reactions: huskerbaseball13
Why do you allow this obvious flame generating post to get started . Throw up a flame and what do you expect? I hope this is not a pattern of the future.

See your point on uniform colors, since red and white is so unique.
Irony.

And it's yellow.

Some Jimmies got ruslted because of some numb nuts on the Iowa board. lol. The layers of trolling are deep. Now its spilling over to another board for counter trolling.

Some Jimmies got ruslted because of some numb nuts on the Iowa board. lol. The layers of trolling are deep. Now its spilling over to another board for counter trolling.
I wouldn't call it trolling. I've learned a lot from this thread:

-You guys call yellow, "old gold"

-You've already penciled in losses to Michigan and Ohio State for the foreseeable future

-You guys claim a national title

-Many of you are defeatists

Appreciate the insight I've gained from this thread. Being new to the B1G, it's good to get to know your fellow conference mates.

I wouldn't call it trolling. I've learned a lot from this thread:

-You guys call yellow, "old gold"

-You've already penciled in losses to Michigan and Ohio State for the foreseeable future

-You guys claim a national title

-Many of you are defeatists

Appreciate the insight I've gained from this thread. Being new to the B1G, it's good to get to know your fellow conference mates.

You got trolled the hardest bro. You stated the thread.

StA, did you make the yellow chickens mad?
Yeah. And it's weird. They pretty much did it to themselves. As soon as they start defending their program, it's almost like they start to realize how pathetic their program really is.

Yeah. And it's weird. They pretty much did it to themselves. As soon as they start defending their program, it's almost like they start to realize how pathetic their program really is.

Bro, you can claim victory, but a troll on the Iowa board got to you so bad, you have to come here and start a troll thread. Who is winning man? I will tell you. The troll that started that thread on the Iowa board, that is who. He is causes you to make thread to counter troll.

Anyways, this thread has runs its course and needs to be put down like Wisconsin vs OSU in the CCG last year. lol

Bro, you can claim victory, but a troll on the Iowa board got to you so bad, you have to come here and start a troll thread. Who is winning man? I will tell you. The troll that started that thread on the Iowa board, that is who. He is causes you to make thread to counter troll.

Anyways, this thread has runs its course and needs to be put down like Wisconsin vs OSU in the CCG last year. lol
I never made it back over there to look. Maybe I should.

KF is not going to win a conference championship vs. the current coaches in the B1G. If the level of coaches drops off soon........but that seems unlikely given the BTN money train funding upgrades for historically good FB programs at head coach (Harbaugh, Meyer, etc.) Will Iowa be able to get an upgrade post KF....doubtful.

Did someone really break out color smack talk that Iowa calls yellow "old gold"? Uh ok...Nebraska calls red and white "scarlet and cream"?

What a stupid thing to smack talk about

Did someone really break out color smack talk that Iowa calls yellow "old gold"? Uh ok...Nebraska calls red and white "scarlet and cream"?

What a stupid thing to smack talk about
No it's not. Because yellow sucks. I can't imagine my team having that for a color. Wearing yellow? That sucks.

This argument is so easy. LSU doesn't have a leg to stand on. Iowa was the legit champs because we had white and black players. A bigger talent pool. Where LSU had all white players, and played vs other teams with all white players. I think we can all agree, the more talented team is going to be the team with white and black players. Right?

How many times to I have to beat you over the head with this. Our 1965 Nebraska team had black players and they lost to Alabama who had an all- white team 39-28 in the 1966 Orange Bowl.

So what does it matter if LSU didn't play any other teams that had black players on them they didn't lose a game and Iowa lost and tied an Air Force team that just started to play football in it's history.

Iowa has never won a legit national title in football.... Case closed.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

Every word I posted is true.
Not sure what you mean by the crybaby thing.

Last edited:
Well....since Neb hasn't one a Conference title since 99' and Iowa has 3...hmmmmm.
No you haven't. And if the Big Ten had the same set up as the Big 12 during that period you would have zero. It's sooo Hogeye that you all take claim to a Big Ten title the same year Michigan finished with the same record and beat you. Either way...you are a middle of the road big ten team...if you are lucky. That's where you should be.

No you haven't. And if the Big Ten had the same set up as the Big 12 during that period you would have zero. It's sooo Hogeye that you all take claim to a Big Ten title the same year Michigan finished with the same record and beat you. Either way...you are a middle of the road big ten team...if you are lucky. That's where you should be.
This. Iowa never wins another one.

I remember 1985. I was a freshman in high school. Iowa had probably their best team ever with Chuck Long, Ronnie Harmon, and Larry Station(your welcome). Nebraska had one of their worst seasons in about a 35 year stretch. Nebraska still won more games and finished higher in the polls than the hogeyes. There ya go, pretty much the way it will always be.

Is that the year you guys lost to Michigan in the Fiesta Bowl? Also, the Big 8 was a joke in the 1980s. It was OU and Nebraska, until Colorado showed signs of life in the late 80s. The BIG 10 had 4 different teams play in the Rose Bowl from 80 to 85.

OSU, Michigan, Michigan St, IL, and Iowa were all legit programs in the 80s.

Is that the year you guys lost to Michigan in the Fiesta Bowl? Also, the Big 8 was a joke in the 1980s. It was OU and Nebraska, until Colorado showed signs of life in the late 80s. The BIG 10 had 4 different teams play in the Rose Bowl from 80 to 85.

OSU, Michigan, Michigan St, IL, and Iowa were all legit programs in the 80s.
Yeah, the big 8 had OU and NU, just like the Big 10 had Mich and tOSU. Don't kid yourself, the Big 10 was only Mich and tOSU. So your hogeyes went to the rose bowl that year and got the sh!t stomped out of them by UCLA. My point is that one of the worst teams NU had was still better than one of the best Hogeye teams.

Yeah, the big 8 had OU and NU, just like the Big 10 had Mich and tOSU. Don't kid yourself, the Big 10 was only Mich and tOSU. So your hogeyes went to the rose bowl that year and got the sh!t stomped out of them by UCLA. My point is that one of the worst teams NU had was still better than one of the best Hogeye teams.

You did not finish ranked ahead of us. There goes your whole point. Laughing

You did not finish ranked ahead of us. There goes your whole point. Laughing
Your not getting it dipsh!t, I'm not talking about a damn ranking. It's a fact the 1985 Hogeye generally considered the greatest Hogeye football team ever still was worse than the 1985 Husker team which was one of NU's worst. I think I'm done with this hogeye.

Oh, and the ranking at the end of the season. Wowwwwww!!!! a whole spot better in both polls. Whew awesome. Like I said, pig poopers best, NU's one of worst. End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT