ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa Win a B1G Title in Your Lifetime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska has won the past 2 meetings against Michigan. You an Iowa fan? Michigan? Ohio State?

"Hey, tell me who your team is so I can insult them." That is high quality arguing there. It just shows you cant carry a real conversation and resort to trolling and flaming.

"Hey, tell me who your team is so I can insult them." That is high quality arguing there. It just shows you cant carry a real conversation and resort to trolling and flaming.
Not at all. Just totally confused on who he represents.

I don't know either, but he or she makes good points. Seems like a reasonable outlook on the BIG 10. If some teams in the league don't get it together, its going to be Michigan and OSU dominating the league AGAIN.

And yes, you are looking to flame.

I don't know either, but he or she makes good points. Seems like a reasonable outlook on the BIG 10. If some teams in the league don't get it together, its going to be Michigan and OSU dominating the league AGAIN.

And yes, you are looking to flame.
Ah, you're a defeatist too. Typical Iowa fan.

Ah, you're a defeatist too. Typical Iowa fan.

No, I just see the holes in your posting. You measure your level of argument by which team the poster represents. If he is an Iowa fan, you blast him. If he tells you he is a Bama fan or OSU fan, you cower. That is weak.

Being a fan of a certain team, doesn't make a persons points any less or worse.

Realist is a better term sticking your head in the sand only blocks your vision .MU currently has 9- 4* plus all the ones they have stacked up under the previous guy who couldn't seem to get out of his own way and had no clue how to run an O. The OSU has 13 4* and 2 5* reality is a bitch and it is only August. The thing we keep forgetting to remember Northwestern is the smallest school in the B1G followed by NU and Iowa. Size does matter! Small dogs do bite just not as hard.
No offense; but this kind of thinking seems similar to a few weeks before the 4 playoff teams were picked last year - All the star gazers and self anointed were saying 4 of 4 playoff teams should be from the SEC, if not, a minimum of 3 of 4 - A lot of SEC whacking went on in the games. HCMR understands you have to work up into the top 15 classes and above to be consistent - but the games have to be played.

No, I just see the holes in your posting. You measure your level of argument by which team the poster represents. If he is an Iowa fan, you blast him. If he tells you he is a Bama fan or OSU fan, you cower. That is weak.
Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. He stated (and you) that Michigan is some supremely badass program - and Nebraska beat Michigan the past 2 meetings. Ohio State? Sure, I'll give you that one. They've earned it. Michigan? No. And Iowa? LOL.

Realist is a better term sticking your head in the sand only blocks your vision .MU currently has 9- 4* plus all the ones they have stacked up under the previous guy who couldn't seem to get out of his own way and had no clue how to run an O. The OSU has 13 4* and 2 5* reality is a bitch and it is only August. The thing we keep forgetting to remember Northwestern is the smallest school in the B1G followed by NU and Iowa. Size does matter! Small dogs do bite just not as hard.
You lost me when you said size matters… Nebraska has 5 national championships, three of them in the 90s. It wasn't that long ago… Size didn't seem to matter then.

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. He stated (and you) that Michigan is some supremely badass program - and Nebraska beat Michigan the past 2 meetings. Ohio State? Sure, I'll give you that one. They've earned it. Michigan? No. And Iowa? LOL.

I don't care how many times you beat Michigan, beating them going forward will be quality wins. Michigan is back to being BIG 10 Michigan. Michigan under Rich Rod and Hoke are nothing like the Michigan we all know. You will see what I mean. Michigan and OSU sell that rivalry to elevate their programs.

I don't care how many times you beat Michigan, beating them going forward will be quality wins. Michigan is back to being BIG 10 Michigan. Michigan under Rich Rod and Hoke are nothing like the Michigan we all know. You will see what I mean. Michigan and OSU sell that rivalry to elevate their programs.
Again, you're a defeatist. I'm not afraid in the least of Michigan. But you obviously are.

Iowa has 2.5 B1G titles in the last 13 years so history says yes. Many forget that Iowa controlled it's own destiny in the final two games of last season to go to Indy. 26-24 nut kick loss to Wisconsin and of course the epic meltdown vs Nebraska. I think Ferentz has one more lap around the track. Dude can still coach but it has to happen now. Their is a reason KF and Bo Schemblecher are the only 3-time B1G coaches of the year. Good luck this year Huskers except Black Friday of course.

Well, you have two...both shared....shared in 2002 with Ohio State (both of you went 8-0, however you got rolled in your bowl game and OSU won the national title so they were better) and in 2004 shared with Michigan...Michigan beat Iowa that year but got upset at OSU last game to let Iowa backdoor a share of the title.

So no, recent history doesn't suggest Iowa can win a title. They shared two titles and were not the best team in the league either year.

I will believe it when I see it. Michigan had great recruiting classes under the last 2 coaches. Harbaugh is a good coach, but I don't complete faith in him yet. And even if they do get good, he will only be welcome for 4-6 years anyway due to his personality.

You will see what I am saying. The BIG 10 loves those two. And will sell them and their stupid little game over any other program.

Seriously, you are all over the place. You are the one that started a thread basically suggesting we give up football because we will never win a CCG again. RollingLaugh
Not all over the place. Just addressing how strange it is to pencil in losses against the almighty Michigan and Ohio State programs before they even happen, like you have. We Nebraska fans don't do that. That defeatist attitude is not something I'm used to seeing.

Not all over the place. Just addressing how strange it is to pencil in losses against the almighty Michigan and Ohio State programs before they even happen, like you have. We Nebraska fans don't do that. That defeatist attitude is not something I'm used to seeing.

I am not. And the beauty of this new division split is we will have our shot and wont have to put up with the bs lovefest that is going to happen between the BIG 10 and Michigan/OSU, again. I feel bad for the teams in their division. It will be like they don't even matter. MSU has a chance to plant their flag and make them take notice that they aren't leaving, but they have to make the playoff or win the NC this year.

I almost (almost) feel sorry for Iowa:

-Coach peaked a long time ago. Couldn't beat the coach Nebraska fired in his last season.

-Have had cakewalks recently for schedules and still can't get it done.

-Yellow. Seriously, yellow. Can you imagine wearing that? (Sidenote: What's worse, Kansas State or Iowa colors? I honestly don't know which I'd rather wear).

See your point on uniform colors, since red and white is so unique.

This ain't the 70s and 80s Hawk. MSU and Wisky are very good. UM and OSU also have a historic giant in PSU in their own division.

Fact of the matter is UM hasn't won a conference title in a decade. They won't this year and they won't next year when they have to go to MSU and OSU plaus play tougher crossovers.

In fact, I don't think Harbaugh wins a conference title in his first 3-4 years. UM could be on a 15, 16, 17 year drought by the time he wins one.

I'm 32 and I'll say that there's a better chance that I win the lottery, get attacked by a shark, and struck by lightning all on the same day before Iowa sniffs a B1G title in my lifetime. So, they will unfortunately be perpetually relegated to discussing their national title glory days indefinitely.

Oh, wait...
Iowa enjoys mediocrity. If they ever make a CCG, they wouldn't play.

This ain't the 70s and 80s Hawk. MSU and Wisky are very good. UM and OSU also have a historic giant in PSU in their own division.

Fact of the matter is UM hasn't won a conference title in a decade. They won't this year and they won't next year when they have to go to MSU and OSU plaus play tougher crossovers.

In fact, I don't think Harbaugh wins a conference title in his first 3-4 years. UM could be on a 15, 16, 17 year drought by the time he wins one.

You are underestimating Michigans brand of football. Its way easier for programs like that.

Death smiles at everyone .Marines smile back! You just don't get it although you should have by now with the 0 titles in mens BB and FB . That is the new reality for you . As Pogo said we have met the enemy and they are us-trust me Riley is not going to change the status quo in the B1G. Peace!

Death smiles at everyone .Marines smile back! You just don't get it although you should have by now with the 0 titles in mens BB and FB . That is the new reality for you . As Pogo said we have met the enemy and they are us-trust me Riley is not going to change the status quo in the B1G. Peace!

We have a NC in football. And were runners up in BB, with quite a few FF's. Do your homework.

Your 'natty' is suspect at best. LSU was the Coaches and the AP Champions. Iowa was the FWAA.

This argument is so easy. LSU doesn't have a leg to stand on. Iowa was the legit champs because we had white and black players. A bigger talent pool. Where LSU had all white players, and played vs other teams with all white players. I think we can all agree, the more talented team is going to be the team with white and black players. Right?

This argument is so easy. LSU doesn't have a leg to stand on. Iowa was the legit champs because we had white and black players. A bigger talent pool. Where LSU had all white players, and played vs other teams with all white players. I think we can all agree, the more talented team is going to be the team with white and black players. Right?

I have no idea the caliber of players on the teams from 1958. What I know for a fact is that the AP and the Coaches poll voted for LSU and not Iowa. And some other organization that is not good enough to even be recognized today voted for Iowa. That speak louder than the color of the players skin.

You went 8-1-1. Congrats on the three black guys on the team.

I have no idea the caliber of players on the teams from 1958. What I know for a fact is that the AP and the Coaches poll voted for LSU and not Iowa. And some other organization that is not good enough to even be recognized today voted for Iowa. That speak louder than the color of the players skin.

No it doesnt. The AP voted before the bowl games. The FWAA voted after the bowl games. Which makes more sense?

Another example.. SC waxing an all white Bama team back in the late 60s to early 70s is a microcosm of why integrated teams were better.

No it doesnt. The AP voted before the bowl games. The FWAA voted after the bowl games. Which makes more sense?

Another example.. SC waxing an all white Bama team back in the late 60s to early 70s is a microcosm of why integrated teams were better.
What about the coaches poll? When did they vote?

It is pretty much the exact post from the iowa board, just with iowa instead of Nebraska.

Well, Nebraska has been in Big Ten for 4 seasons. Iowa under Kirk Ferentz went 8-0 in 2002 and shared a Big Ten title with Ohio State, then in 2004 shared a Big Ten title with Michigan.
Iowa lost the Big Ten in 2009 at Oho State.

We shall see how each program moves forward. The new division play certainly gives each an opportunity, though Iowa has yet make a title game.

Hard to say it is apples to apples, when Nebraska is new to the B1G ...

I have witnessed some good Nebraska football in the 1990s ...

I am not. And the beauty of this new division split is we will have our shot and wont have to put up with the bs lovefest that is going to happen between the BIG 10 and Michigan/OSU, again. I feel bad for the teams in their division. It will be like they don't even matter. MSU has a chance to plant their flag and make them take notice that they aren't leaving, but they have to make the playoff or win the NC this year.

Stupid. You are basically saying if we don't win in Columbus season is a failure. Not making a New Years selection committee bowl would be a failure IMO for this MSU team.

That sounds just like hogeye reasoning to me. LSU won it that year, no other way about it. Your hogeyes claiming that as a MNC is just like Auburn the other day, claiming a NC that only your fans would agree with. Total B.S. and illegitimate.

As for us playing integrated competition. You don't think that was tougher?
Well you are talking to NU fans, and here at Nebraska we win legitimate NCs going undefeated around here. So yeah, you're barking up the wrong tree here.

See your point on uniform colors, since red and white is so unique.

And, just for the record, Iowa's colors are Black & Old Gold....not yellow

That is yellow.
You can call it old whatever, but it is still yellow.
As for being "unique"...

Iowa straight up took the Steelers uniform and slapped some stupid stuff upside of it.

Iowa football has been more bad than good.

Your coach is not a good coach.
You stole your uniforms, and made them suck.
Your stadium sucks.
Your fans suck.

And the apocalypse will happen before Iowa wins a National Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT