ADVERTISEMENT

Do we all agree?

Dreinhart

Aug 25, 2019
Do we all agree that this game will tell us all we need to know about this years team?

I think that if we are going to see guys like Omar Manning, Alante Brown, and Chris Hickman actually make a difference this year, it has to start to show itself on Saturday. They don’t need crazy stat lines but they will need to be involved.

I read all preseason about Mills getting a heavy workload. I would love nothing more than to lean on Northwestern this game. A guy like Mills seems like he gets better the more he’s used. I hope our offensive line plays a clean game because we have to stay on schedule for this offense to work. Northwestern won’t give up 3rd and long all game.

Defensively, I am very excited to see us play without being scared to death of getting beat deep. We played better against the run, we got to Fields, and we got off the field on 3rd down occasionally...but not nearly enough. We made it easy on Fields in the pass game.

My overall feeling is we have a reason to be optimistic. The team looked big up front, and fast on the back end and outside. We must show that wasn’t a fluke this week. Of course...the horrible horrible setbacks like Adrian fumbling because he is trying to do to much or the inexcusable delay of game penalties to start a drive can’t happen. Northwestern lives off of mistakes like that.

Do we all agree that this game will tell us all we need to know about this years team?

I think that if we are going to see guys like Omar Manning, Alante Brown, and Chris Hickman actually make a difference this year, it has to start to show itself on Saturday. They don’t need crazy stat lines but they will need to be involved.

I read all preseason about Mills getting a heavy workload. I would love nothing more than to lean on Northwestern this game. A guy like Mills seems like he gets better the more he’s used. I hope our offensive line plays a clean game because we have to stay on schedule for this offense to work. Northwestern won’t give up 3rd and long all game.

Defensively, I am very excited to see us play without being scared to death of getting beat deep. We played better against the run, we got to Fields, and we got off the field on 3rd down occasionally...but not nearly enough. We made it easy on Fields in the pass game.

My overall feeling is we have a reason to be optimistic. The team looked big up front, and fast on the back end and outside. We must show that wasn’t a fluke this week. Of course...the horrible horrible setbacks like Adrian fumbling because he is trying to do to much or the inexcusable delay of game penalties to start a drive can’t happen. Northwestern lives off of mistakes like that.
A college football team takes four weeks to work out the kinks...in years past we would still be playing warm up games against Nicholls state or at least have a couple of sun belt games to work in the jucos, transfers, and best freshman. Going to OSU, having a surprise week off, and probable "injuries or illness" come up suddenly is going to mean that we never know how good the team is...fortunately we are very young...our senior class this year...one of the worst classes in recent history(2017) so this pandemic thing is going to work out great for us in the long run.

Reactions: Dreinhart
I hope Omar is a freak. I don’t see Hickman helping much. I never thought he was all that in high school. Damon Benning is going with the no comment on Hickman and they are pretty tight.

I hope Omar is a freak. I don’t see Hickman helping much. I never thought he was all that in high school. Damon Benning is going with the no comment on Hickman and they are pretty tight.
Yeah Damon really is quiet on him. I wasn’t thrilled when they moved him to WR. It felt forced because we didn’t have any size outside. I hope it works out for him but it feels like one of those kids that’s here for 3 years and still looking for a spot in the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT