ADVERTISEMENT

Dixon

Was thinking the same thing.

I said in a different thread that the thing people aren't taking into consideration is that Dixon is a year younger than Patterson. By the time Dixon was able to sign his NLI, there was enough chatter to know that the penalties levied against Ole Miss were going to be substantial and he chose to go there anyway.

If I am not mistaken, the other 5 guys that are in the suit with Patterson, are all 2016 grads. The one I am familiar with, Deontay Anderson, transferred to Houston from Ole Miss and is still awaiting word from the NCAA.

I would not be surprised if Dixon was not given the waiver even though Patterson was.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I said in a different thread that the thing people aren't taking into consideration is that Dixon is a year younger than Patterson. By the time Dixon was able to sign his NLI, there was enough chatter to know that the penalties levied against Ole Miss were going to be substantial and he chose to go there anyway.

If I am not mistaken, the other 5 guys that are in the suit with Patterson, are all 2016 grads. The one I am familiar with, Deontay Anderson, transferred to Houston from Ole Miss and is still awaiting word from the NCAA.

I would not be surprised if Dixon was not given the waiver even though Patterson was.
I remember reading your post and thinking that was a perspective that I had not considered. Wouldn't surprise me. And let the "pick on nebraska" talk begin.

Not sure what is more ridiculous:

1 - the guy who said that incoming JUCOs have more experience than a guy coming from the SEC, and that other players will have a leg up on him even though everyone is starting at square one in the new scheme; or

2- the guy who said that Terrell Farley wasn't fast

FWIW, I'm leaning towards number 2 being more ridiculous.... what in the heck????!?!?

Reactions: jeans15

But he did not sign his NLI after the penalties were levied. And I bet the staff at Ole Miss was telling him that everything would be okey dokey. If he was misled by folks in Ole Miss FB, that will be part of his appeal package.
But yes, I could see the NCAA claim that Dixon should have known.

Ummm, kindly take your sound logic and reasoning get off this message board!!!!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

I think Dixon's contention is that the Ol Miss coaches misled him about the severity of the potential sanctions.

I think Dixon's contention is that the Ol Miss coaches misled him about the severity of the potential sanctions.

And I am saying that you and I both knew in April of 2016 when Laremy Tunsil was seen smoking dope in a gas mask and was talking about getting paid and going to a coach to get more money, that the severity of the sanctions were going to be more severe than a couple of scholarships and a 1 year bowl ban. 10 months later, Dixon signed his LOI. Anyone close to the program knew they were in hot water.

This is just my opinion, but I think Dixon had buyer's remorse and wasn't happy with his decision.

And I am saying that you and I both knew in April of 2016 when Laremy Tunsil was seen smoking dope in a gas mask and was talking about getting paid and going to a coach to get more money, that the severity of the sanctions were going to be more severe than a couple of scholarships and a 1 year bowl ban. 10 months later, Dixon signed his LOI. Anyone close to the program knew they were in hot water.

This is just my opinion, but I think Dixon had buyer's remorse and wasn't happy with his decision.
Wasn't sure if the time frame... thanks for the details. It is NEVER a slam dunk when it comes to NCAA eligibility.

Not sure what is more ridiculous:

1 - the guy who said that incoming JUCOs have more experience than a guy coming from the SEC, and that other players will have a leg up on him even though everyone is starting at square one in the new scheme; or

2- the guy who said that Terrell Farley wasn't fast

FWIW, I'm leaning towards number 2 being more ridiculous.... what in the heck????!?!?

Ridiculous is not the right word.

And it won’t happen, Dixon will be cleared too. That’s just you guys assuming the worst and I get it...we always seem to have back luck or catch the bad breaks. But this is as close as it gets to being a slam dunk. Sure, they could tell him no, but truthfully, how could they adjustify themselves for not??

I don't disagree. I just remember the whole 'only played because of injury' thing was Lavonte, so that's why I said that.
I am not mixing them up. I am not saying Farley was slow, but not nearly as fast as his legend suggests. His own teammates said the same. Dude was like a linebacker savant. He was explosive and always just found a way to be right where the play was due to his insane football instincts. The teammate I know told me Farley was not expected to even start, but got thrust into the lineup due to the starter(don't remember who it was) getting injured. He said Farley picked up a fumble about two plays into his Husker career and ran for a TD. He said the next week he ran a pick back for a TD I think. He also told me the best LP story I have ever heard about him. It involved LP beating the crap out of an un-named defensive lineman while the two were naked in the shower. LP was a freshman and the lineman made fun of him in practice before the Florida State bowl game. Calvin Jones got hurt before halftime, and LP got to play after a quick team vote in the locker room whether he should be allowed to play. He played much better than Calvin that game. I will leave out a lot of the stories the guy told me about Farley. I am glad he got his life together.
NU No. Net Gain Lost LG TD
Frazier 14 94 17 77 32 0
Phillips 13 71 7 64 17 1
C. Jones 9 28 0 28 9 0

Thank you for posting his numbers. With all due respect to resdog, Farley may not have had great top-end speed, but he was as quick as they come. I would liken his acceleration to Randy Gregory's. Very similar quickness when you watch their film. And they both covered a ton of ground in a short period of time. I would bet both of their 10-yard dash times were lightning fast.
Ever think that maybe Gregory's "acceleration", was due to something
he was smoking, and not natural?

If the infamous NCAA declines Dixon's waiver based on some fabricated reason, i.e., he signed his LOI, and had a feeling OleMiss "might" get
punished, then NU should suggest the NCAA review their decision again, before NU consults legal remedies.
The NCAA is weak!

If the infamous NCAA declines Dixon's waiver based on some fabricated reason, i.e., he signed his LOI, and had a feeling OleMiss "might" get
punished, then NU should suggest the NCAA review their decision again, before NU consults legal remedies.
The NCAA is weak!

What? There was no doubt Ole Miss was going to get punished. If anyone looked at the level of violations that occurred under Nutt and Freeze, that were being discussed publicly before February 2017, and believed the school was only going to get a slap on the wrist, then they had been living under a rock.

Secondly, Nebraska has no legal grounds for which to consult legal remedies. Dixon MAY but the school was not harmed.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/shea-patterson-michigan-football-eligibility-ncaa-ole-miss-appeal

He's gonna get the waiver, and Dixon probably will too.

I do not want to weigh how good it is for NU to have some Michigan player ride pine for a year so we can try to jump up and get them with a worse defense than what we could field for the other 10 or 11 games. Loser mentality and a sign of how far NU has fallen.

If you don't think Dixon will start, you didn't listen very well to the reports out of spring ball and you didn't watch very closely to see how awful the OLB play was last year.

Stille was arguably their best OLB. He was a true freshman. Now he's a DE. This defense needs Dixon and needs him badly.
if thats the case there are going to be a lot of LBs on this team disappointed they may never get a chance to play. because there are plenty of LBs in the program and most of them came here to play.

if thats the case there are going to be a lot of LBs on this team disappointed they may never get a chance to play. because there are plenty of LBs in the program and most of them came here to play.
Really? So you’re saying we shouldn’t bring in the best we can every year? Good call, I don’t want to hurt any other recruits’ feelings...

Reactions: SOHusker11

Dixon is a outside linebacker a position we’re thin at, especially if we don’t know the status of Luke Gifford moving forward.

What? There was no doubt Ole Miss was going to get punished. If anyone looked at the level of violations that occurred under Nutt and Freeze, that were being discussed publicly before February 2017, and believed the school was only going to get a slap on the wrist, then they had been living under a rock.

Secondly, Nebraska has no legal grounds for which to consult legal remedies. Dixon MAY but the school was not harmed.

There was no doubt North Carolina was gong to be severly punished, either. Nobody has any way of knowing how the NCAA will rule on a case.

There was no doubt North Carolina was gong to be severly punished, either. Nobody has any way of knowing how the NCAA will rule on a case.

Sort of proves my point. Anyone who went there knew it was a possibility and took a chance. Same with Ole Miss, if you went there thinking it was going to be just a slap on the wrist, that’s on you. Especially the 2017 class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT