ADVERTISEMENT

Dismuke Back, Too

I wasn't sure if they would let both come back. It seemed like it might be a good idea to lose one safety this year and another next year, instead of potentially losing 3 starters from the secondary after next season.

Reactions: ATX Husker
As uncertain as this world is, and likely to take a certain downturn toward the end of this month, it makes sense to stay put. Continue your education and have your needs met. Who knows, maybe you elevate your game enough to become a professional.

I did not want both safeties back..I was hoping the young kids were ready. Farmer showed a lot of promise. Pola gates has to be ready by year 3?
I didn’t see Farmer’s injury at Northwestern, but it sounded pretty gruesome. Will he even be ready?

I didn’t see Farmer’s injury at Northwestern, but it sounded pretty gruesome. Will he even be ready?

It was an actual fracture of the ankle, and while that does sound gruesome, it will be easier to come back from that type of injury than an ACL.

In fact, I would bet he can participate in drills this Spring.

Wow. Something happened on defensive side like they decided together or something. It’s like a good defensive year for team could boost their stock for nfl? Just really surprised on so many coming back
the defense has gotten better each year under Chinander, and the upperclassmen are being recognized because of it.

don't be surprised to see several from that side of the ball make pre-season all-B1G watch lists.

I remember Jim Dickey at K-State in 1981 deliberately redshirting seniors so the "stacked" Wildcats would have a chance at K-State's first-ever bowl game in 1982. It worked. The 'Cats went 3-3-1 in the Big Eight and 6-4-1 overall to earn a bid to the Independence Bowl against another historically awful program, Wisconsin.

This feels like that year to me. Nebraska needs all hands on deck this year to make it to a bowl and start building momentum toward bigger things in the future. The defense has that. Now the offense needs to develop some playmakers, Toure and Stepp being a good start.

(The long-story short of this is that K-State regressed badly the next few years, eventually making a move for Bill Snyder as head coach, and the rest is history.)

Wow. Something happened on defensive side like they decided together or something. It’s like a good defensive year for team could boost their stock for nfl? Just really surprised on so many coming back
Amazing what playing for position coaches that the players really like and are being developed influence their decisions And they like who they are playing along side on the defense. Now we all understand how the vote played out on going to a bowl game.

Hard to be upset about another starter returning, but honestly I would've been fine with Dismuke leaving. He's pretty average and I wouldn't mind seeing younger guys get a shot.

Reactions: headcard
Dismuke has work to do on his on field play. But we only had Farmer (injured), NPG, and Gifford really at safety right now. Maybe Newsome would move? What’s Buford gonna do? etc. But the group benefits from depth/stability.

Now I want to give a massive tip of the hat to Marquel for not being a quitter like all the other Calibraska / Calabasas kids. He’s endured and persevered.
I admire that more than ever in our current portal potty climate.

I also love these defenders knowing our team has unfinished business and wanting to see it through.
GBR

It was an actual fracture of the ankle, and while that does sound gruesome, it will be easier to come back from that type of injury than an ACL.

In fact, I would bet he can participate in drills this Spring.
isn't that the same injury that the Bama receiver had...Waddle i think?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No problem with them coming back. However, they both need to learn what a proper tackle is. The trendy "smash into them without using their arms" crap has to stop. Mostly Dismuke, who cost us quite a bit last year with his improper tackling technique.

Dismuke is meh. I like that he comes up to hit/tackle, but his coverage is spotty. Getting a vet back will always help though.
He's far better in run support than Deontai. It's good that we have a good number of upperclassmen coming back. No excuse not to have a Top 30-40 defense next year.

He's far better in run support than Deontai. It's good that we have a good number of upperclassmen coming back. No excuse not to have a Top 30-40 defense next year.

I agree on both points...I also think our secondary needs to create more INTs. Farmer came in first game and had 2. No reason for Dismuke and Williams to have 0. In fact, Dismuke has 0 INT in his career at Nebraska. Bootle only had 1 his whole career. CTB has 4.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I think that side of the ball has been playing well together for what they are asked to do. Offense and Special Teams need complete reworking, but Defensively, those guys are mostly playing like a unit and enjoying it.

I wasn't sure if they would let both come back. It seemed like it might be a good idea to lose one safety this year and another next year, instead of potentially losing 3 starters from the secondary after next season.
Lot of injuries to that unit late in the year it’s good to have these guys back and let’s those underclassmen recover fully.

Reactions: headcard
this is exactly what we want at every position. veteran guys getting better and returning. younger guys faunching at the bit to get in and learning along the way. when it's their time they will be ready and no noticable dropoff

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT