ADVERTISEMENT

No way!! Girls playing A@M too

See A&M had won 5 in a row and their only loss in March was Saturday against Florida..

Prior to the winning streak Aggies lost 5 in a row.

The questions this brings up....
No problem with the Tex-AM angle, it makes it all fun.
But isn't it obvious the selection committee, in order to make this work, would have to manipulate the seedings big time in order to make this happen?

Makes a great storyline to get watches. Over/under how many times TA name gets mentioned. Drinking game.
Respectfully disagree. It's a 8/9 game with a fun, underdog team who has never won a game in the tournament against a team from a heavily populated part of the country. In a marquee timeslot. I would be surprised if even 10 people tuned in because of our AD leaving and that storyline.

If I were Trev and was going to go to one of the two games, I'd go to the women's game solely because it's in Oregon. Would guess that fewer Nebraska people would be traveling there simply because it's a little more difficult to get to. But maybe I'm wrong and he'll go to both. I couldn't find what day the women play yet so I dunno.
Wherever he shows up, a sellout in the stands in guaranteed.

Respectfully disagree. It's a 8/9 game with a fun, underdog team who has never won a game in the tournament against a team from a heavily populated part of the country. In a marquee timeslot. I would be surprised if even 10 people tuned in because of our AD leaving and that storyline.
I would think everyone that has fans of B1G teams would be very interested in this game because of the story line…

People outside of the conference might not know the story line but with both Men’s and Women’s teams playing it other will get brought frequently..

No one cares about our AD. Not people in Ohio. Or people in Michigan. No one in Wisconsin cares. It's the best early Friday evening matchup. That is why people will watch.

But isn't it obvious the selection committee, in order to make this work, would have to manipulate the seedings big time in order to make this happen?
That's the problem I have. TAMU as an opponent is all fun and stuff. But should the men really be a 7 seed, but the committee shoe horned us in there to get their storyline? Both committees were clearly aware and trying to be cute

Reactions: pascal
That's the problem I have. TAMU as an opponent is all fun and stuff. But should the men really be a 7 seed, but the committee shoe horned us in there to get their storyline? Both committees were clearly aware and trying to be cute
That's what I'm getting at. It was clearly manipulated, but why? No one outside of Nebraska cares. I doubt even Texas A&M alumni or fans care.

I really don’t think Nebraska ever played its way onto the 7 line. If they had held on to beat Illinois, that would have done it.

I do think the committee likes to play around with seedings if there’s a good angle to be had. But for them, putting Rick Barnes in a matchup with his old Texas team is a much bigger story than anything having to do with Pretty Boy Trev.

I'm kinda meh to the whole thing but bet it gets used

Whether Nebraska should be a 7 or 8 is debatable, so I wouldn’t say they were manipulated big time.

To me, big time manipulation is making a team that should be a 4 seed into a 7 seed.

The reality is, A&M and Nebraska are both middle of the road, and they could conceivably be placed against each other, and that’s what the committee chose to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT