ADVERTISEMENT

Different Vantage Point on culture and buy-in

Listen dummy, I'll explain this slowly because I know your lips move when you read: I. Never. Referenced. Any. Expectations. I'm not the poster who referenced 6-6. You confused me with Solana Beach, which is actually fine because unlike you he has an IQ higher than the price of gas. I know this explanation will go over your head and you'll just spew more venom instead acknowledging your stupidity, so again.... are you 14?
Got ya confused - u are so mean

Really don't think this went how I hoped it would. It is what it is....good talk?
It was a good question and an interesting topic. I apologize for my role in derailing the conversation. I thought Tuco had a really interesting post.

It was a good question and an interesting topic. I apologize for my role in derailing the conversation. I thought Tuco had a really interesting post.
Yeah in answering that, I think overall the program just is tip toeing a very fine line between playing the best guys and obviously the culture talk, as well as winning/losing close games because one of or two plays. Almost feels like the entire conversation is being dictated by a very thin line and a handful of plays that did or didn't go our way. That's amazing.

Reactions: headcard
Yeah in answering that, I think overall the program just is tip toeing a very fine line between playing the best guys and obviously the culture talk, as well as winning/losing close games because one of or two plays. Almost feels like the entire conversation is being dictated by a very thin line and a handful of plays that did or didn't go our way. That's amazing.
I've thought of that a lot lately, the thin line between success and failure. Not just Nebraska, but all of FBS. I personally think that at present, that line is razor thin because there's so much more parity and so many more schools trying to win. Not to disparage the 70s-90s, but it wasn't like that back then. The positive side of it is maybe we're not as far away from 9 wins as we think.

Unless I missed something, when was it more than speculation by people on message boards that nobody on the team believes in AM?
In two years, Martinez has never risen to the occasion to actually come from behind and beat a team.

He is 9-12, or a 42.8% winning percentage.

Now, I know there are a lot of dumb athletes out there, but I don't think the guys on the team are that dumb.

If you played for him the past two years, how much belief would you have? Again, we are assuming some level of basic intelligence here, which may be too much to ask.

Now I am sure Martinez is well liked by the team. Heck, I like the guy. He's a typical nice guy who would do anything for anyone.

That is Not what you need at QB back there.

Remember how the team hated Frazier or Frost or Crouch?

They respected those guys, but they were not really well liked.

I'm actually surprised more fans can't see and understand this.

Last edited:
In two years, Martinez has never risen to the occasion to actually come from behind and beat a team.

He is 9-12, or a 42.8% winning percentage.

Now, I know there are a lot of dumb athletes out there, but I don't think the guys on the team are that dumb.

If you played for him the past two years, how much belief would you have? Again, we are assuming some level of basic intelligence here, which may be too much to ask.

Now I am sure Martinez is well liked by the team. Heck, I like the guy. He's a typical nice guy who would do anything for anyone.

That is Not what you need at QB back there.

Remember how the team hated Frazier or Frost or Crouch?

They respected those guys, but they were not really well liked.

I'm actually surprised more fans can't see and understand this.
he came from behind to beat illinois just this season. probably our best win.

I get you're going to die on this hill and Martinez shit-talking is your brand. at least be accurate when doing so.

Abraham Lincoln. "I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”

he came from behind to beat illinois just this season. probably our best win.

I get you're going to die on this hill and Martinez shit-talking is your brand. at least be accurate when doing so.
it doesn't change anything.. that game was back and forth the second half.. the kid doesn't know how to win games.

Now, if you want him as your QB, then by all means.. you can have him. If you want the Huskers to go through another two years of this, then by all means, you can have him. If you set your bar so low, that this is considered acceptable, then you can have him.

I thought you said he was a bum? Two faced.
In some ways, I do think he is. How hard do you think he is working at it? He sure doesn't look ripped like some of the other successful QB's we have had. He just put on weight is all, which some think made him slower, but in my mind, he is sort of just milking this scholarship and putting up horrible results.

It's almost like the head coach.. Taking in his big paycheck and posting up horrible results, and then not giving a crap about what the fans say. It's almost remarkable how 1a and 1b look similar to one another.

If your leaders are milking it, what is the rest of the team going to do?

I have a right to dictate how a free board goes just like any smuck. I enjoy real content and not little girl gossip that has no basis in fact. Even if a board member sat down with an NU player they are likely to get a different response on a different day because the kid is 20 years old and changes his mind depending on what he ate for breakfast. Nobody was talking about this garbage one week ago because we were coming off of a win and had another game coming. We had a predictably bad year...we were down to our #3 qb, one healthy rb, one healthy wr, TEs playing WR, freshman on the oline, freshman on the dline, no starting safeties, missing dts...and no field goal kicker and and HS punter. We continued our poor play, bad bounces, in close games...and we are 3-10 in toss-up games. If we were 10-3 you would be jizzing all over Frost but the product would be exactly the same, just good bounces instead of bad ones.

A fine post sir! True enough we had holes everywhere the last two years but maybe even more this year.
As you mentioned, add to that some bad luck and there we are.

HOWEVER, the defense, while of course wasn't great but still certainly did improve this year. Best of all was our OLine coming on strong for the last quarter season. Also, we return the whole OLine.

I'm betting that if our special teams can even get somewhat average we'll have fun next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT