ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting…

Oct 15, 2019
21 former Kansas HS 🏈players saw the field today for KSU in the Big 12 Championship win over TCU. 11 of those 21 had zero FBS offers at time of graduation, including two former walk-ons that are starters that earned Big 12 honors this season. We have HS🏈talent in the state of Kansas! Bet on yourself! #sportsinkansas

Don’t know much about KS high school football but the talent pool can’t be a whole lot different than Nebraska. This shows the importance of keeping home-grown talent at home. Recruiting the 5-stars from other states is huge, but so is recruiting and developing at home.

Reactions: BleedRed78
21 former Kansas HS 🏈players saw the field today for KSU in the Big 12 Championship win over TCU. 11 of those 21 had zero FBS offers at time of graduation, including two former walk-ons that are starters that earned Big 12 honors this season. We have HS🏈talent in the state of Kansas! Bet on yourself! #sportsinkansas

Don’t know much about KS high school football but the talent pool can’t be a whole lot different than Nebraska. This shows the importance of keeping home-grown talent at home. Recruiting the 5-stars from other states is huge, but so is recruiting and developing at home.
Kansas high school football unfortunately is better than Nebraska high school football.

I agree we have a lot of in state talent. Many if them left because Scott Frost.

Reactions: tpmcg

Yes, it's called development.

More correctly IMO it shows the importance of being able to DEVELOP players. That was one of the cornerstones of Osborne's success.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I have a very tiny sample size in that I saw York High(6-4) this year play and the Collegiate play six times, but that gave me six diff opponents… York big Class B, Collegiate medium 3A out of 6…. I thought York was waaaay better than two teams we played, even with two, worse than the other two… one was Andale with 51 straight wins and dominated … maybe just more players….

ADVERTISEMENT