ADVERTISEMENT

Did I have rosy glasses on ?

Or did the players look bigger, stronger and more like real football players than we have seen ina long time. Is this a reflection of buy in where the players are actually busting ass in S/C and its not hype anymore?
Going from a 5'9" primary receiver, a walk-on, and Washington who was average size, to Neyor, Banks, Nelson... we have NFL size. Just changes the complexion of our offense. Plus adding Mazzccua, who is a beast.

We never had problem controlling the LOS which is a huge improvement over the last 5+ years. We haven’t handled a team of any caliber quite like that in a long time, maybe NIU in 2019 or Northwestern in 2021.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Possibly. How they look next Saturday will be a more accurate measuring stick. I can't wait.
We never had problem controlling the LOS which is a huge improvement over the last 5+ years. We haven’t handled a team of any caliber quite like that in a long time, maybe NIU in 2019 or Northwestern in 2021.
Weve had occasional one offs before. Showing it next week will communicate even more.

I don’t believe I’ll be able to actually enjoy the season until after next week. Win or lose it will give us all an idea where this program is at and what expectations should be.

How so? All I’ve read on here is what a joke of a clown show program sCUm is. We should beat them handily, no? How are they some sort of measuring stick all the sudden?

How so? All I’ve read on here is what a joke of a clown show program sCUm is. We should beat them handily, no? How are they some sort of measuring stick all the sudden?
The last decade is why some of us are having some doubts.

The Colorado game I think is a bit unique. In that it will be a mental test for this team if they can perform in front of the bright lights on national television. There is also a mutual hatred for CU somewhat similar to Iowa, can they keep their heads in certain situations and not make dumb mistakes.

The last decade is why some of us are having some doubts.

The Colorado game I think is a bit unique. In that it will be a mental test for this team if they can perform in front of the bright lights on national television. There is also a mutual hatred for CU somewhat similar to Iowa, can they keep their heads in certain situations and not make dumb mistakes.

I hope our players and coaches aren’t looking at it like some of our fans are.

And Iowa? Really? I’m either really old or you’re really young. Because for my generation, our annoyance with Iowa doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of the ass of our hatred for sCUm

Or did the players look bigger, stronger and more like real football players than we have seen ina long time. Is this a reflection of buy in where the players are actually busting ass in S/C and its not hype anymore?
The transformation started last year. Rhule is making this team play football competitively and physically. Luckily,, he recognized early that players were not ready to play top-level football and needed an attitude adjustment. Everything Rhule does is a competition, and this was never instilled into the program by previous staff. Football is 90% mental, and if you have not trained the brain to compete, you are behind the stacks on first down.

Because they're a joke of a PROGRAM doesn't mean they 100% beatable.

Winning means we were able to take care of a semi-talented team that we SHOULD be able to beat, but haven't for quite some time.

Losing means (or will at least feel like) we're stuck in our losing ways that we still haven't been able to overcome.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I hope our players and coaches aren’t looking at it like some of our fans are.

And Iowa? Really? I’m either really old or you’re really young. Because for my generation, our annoyance with Iowa doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of the ass of our hatred for sCUm
Besides CU I can’t think of another team other Iowa that lives rent free in the minds of NU fans. Wisconsin may be a distant third, surprisingly there’s quite a few Wisconsin nut huggers on this board.

Regardless, I think it’s time this team handles all three.

The transformation started last year. Rhule is making this team play football competitively and physically. Luckily,, he recognized early that players were not ready to play top-level football and needed an attitude adjustment. Everything Rhule does is a competition, and this was never instilled into the program by previous staff. Football is 90% mental, and if you have not trained the brain to compete, you are behind the stacks on first down.
to sum up the last 10 years or so of Nebraska culture

Pelini - us vs everyone
Riley - ice cream for everyone
Frost - margaritas for everyone

Because they're a joke of a PROGRAM doesn't mean they 100% beatable.

Winning means we were able to take care of a semi-talented team that we SHOULD be able to beat, but haven't for quite some time.

Losing means (or will at least feel like) we're stuck in our losing ways that we still haven't been able to overcome.
I still think the key to the game is the D putting pressure on little Sanders. We don't want to see him slinging the ball all over the place to Hunter and Horn.

Weve had occasional one offs before. Showing it next week will communicate even more.
My buddy who played college ball and was buddies with Joe Klecko among others says this team is different. He’s not a Husker fan but has multiple friends who are so he watches our games. He says this is the best Husker team he’s seen in 2 decades. He said this is the first time he’s seen units 1-3 play like they need to play.

He was a RB in camp with the Cowboys and he really likes Dowdell but thought all of our backs looked like they were running harder this past Saturday. I agreed.

I said this back in April after the spring game, what this team does between then and the first day of fall practice will go a long way in getting ready for the season. They looked like they worked hard and it showed. Lot of work to do as the season goes on, but a good start on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT