ADVERTISEMENT

Did Akron receive full pay for the game?

Oct 12, 2016
Since they showed up and the game started? Worked great for them, they get paid in full and didn't have to take a loss.

Since they showed up and the game started? Worked great for them, they get paid in full and didn't have to take a loss.
Last I knew there was no disbursement unless that has changed. Moos touched on this the other day that they may pay travel expenses. I am sure both schools legal teams have been busy this week

I heard the received $500.00 and a coupon for a dozen free Valentino's pizzas. I also heard they got a VIP parking pass for Hy-vee that allows them to always park in the front, but I cannot confirm that.
Come back when you have the Hyvee deal nailed down...

Reactions: saluno22
I like the angst over whether Akron is getting paid, yet none about the fact that if no replacement game is played there will be no refunds to ticket purchasers. Comical.

I like the angst over whether Akron is getting paid, yet none about the fact that if no replacement game is played there will be no refunds to ticket purchasers. Comical.
There is a contract in place that was agreed to by both schools. If the terms of the contract are fulfilled, Akron gets paid. If not, they won’t. The terms of the tickets from those who went to the game are very clear. No refunds. Therefore, they get no refunds. It’s pretty comical that some people can’t understand that.

It sounds like they want to find a 12th game. My guess is that if they do, season ticket holders will be issued tickets at no additional cost, so it's a wash. If you bought one-off tickets you're probably SOL.

Reactions: huskerfan66
It's TBD at this point. I doubt there will be any resolution on payment until at least after Nebraska has arranged for its 12th game. Playing Akron at the end of the season still remains a high probability option so it would make zero sense to pay them before that all shakes out. It was never planned to pay them until in early 2019 any way even if the game had been taken place as planned.

It's TBD at this point. I doubt there will be any resolution on payment until at least after Nebraska has arranged for its 12th game. Playing Akron at the end of the season still remains a high probability option so it would make zero sense to pay them before that all shakes out. It was never planned to pay them until in early 2019 any way even if the game had been taken place as planned.
I would bet Moos will have a plan B. I hope we don't need it to be bowl eligible but the 12th game regardless would be good unless we're in the BIG ccg. Akron would likely have first right of refusal unless they are in their ccg. They would like to have the payday. But we better have a back up plan in case we need it.
Who knows, maybe some schools are calling us.

Tickets read NO REFUNDS. They have read that for years. Not sure why anyone thinks there is any controversy in that..

There is a contract in place that was agreed to by both schools. If the terms of the contract are fulfilled, Akron gets paid. If not, they won’t. The terms of the tickets from those who went to the game are very clear. No refunds. Therefore, they get no refunds. It’s pretty comical that some people can’t understand that.

Sorry my post was confusing... I don't care whether the tickets are refunded. Also don't care whether Akron gets paid. We needed an opponent to sell the tickets, the University is keeping the money, so what's the problem? Either way our athletic department is making bank. Just win baby.

Reactions: timnsun
Akron expects to get paid. Moos and Nebraska (I think) expects them to come back if they don't make their CCG. The payment has not been made yet. Looks like a fun game of legal chicken.

My gut says neither side wants to lose this, so I think Akron comes back to ensure they get paid, as it would probably just be easier to do that than to take a chance in court on a legal battle. Travel expenses will likely be an issue. If it's December, hope there is no blizzard!

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Akron has an out if they make their CCG. If NU wants to lock in a 12th game, Frost should get a team for the bye-week and pay Akron expenses plus a negotiated amount (less than 1million).

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT