ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco says D can't tackle. D quits on him.

Did the D quit or his scheme just so f'n bad that they don't have a chance? We should have fired him after the 1st qtr and had Webber call the defense. We would have been better off. Anybody still want to keep Diaco?

The defense didn't even show up to play today. That should be obvious. This MN team is terrible on offense. And they put up 300+ in the first half.

Reactions: Can o' corn
The defense didn't even show up to play today. That should be obvious. This MN team is terrible on offense. And they put up 300+ in the first half.
I didn't get to see the first half but Davison made it sound like we were playing the same deep soft zone and only rushing 3. IF that was the case we should have fired Diaco after the first drive. Stupid.

I didn't get to see the first half but Davison made it sound like we were playing the same deep soft zone and only rushing 3. IF that was the case we should have fired Diaco after the first drive. Stupid.

That's not accurate. But the defense didn't show up to play. The players clearly quit on Diaco coming into this week.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Diaco was SE and BD - not MR - and they clearly screwed up. SE is already gone and BD will be shortly. This is one of the worst performances in terms of effort ever by Nebr. D I remember. This is a bad offense.

Because your leader threw you under the bus after you've busted your ass for him?
I don't care about that. That would motivate the hell out of me to prove him wrong. but that's just me. I'm almost ready to say the Jason Peter was right.:( Where's your pride? I don't care if I'm down by 50, I'm going to knock some heads and play with bloody stumps.

Then you can the first 11 and put in the second. You will eventually get to the players that give a shit.

Exactly, also aside from Spielman and maybe a couple of others, bench the whole team?

The ENTIRE Offensive line is truly OFFENSIVE!

Take away every single Blackshirt and start the #2 and #3 guys because they can’t play any worse than the starters.

Is it possible to take away scholarships from these two groups because they truly play with zero effort. Even I (not even close to being in the prime of my life) could play with more heart and hustle than those guys.

I hate busting on our players but this is worse than the effort of the 2007 team. Didn’t think it was possible but sad to say it’s happening. What new lows will occur next week?

The defense has been the problem from the beginning. Even when getting stomped, Diaco (or whomever) stubbornly sticks with the soft d-line approach. Never tried stacking the box, or run blitzes or forcing them to throw. It’s not the players, Diaco is not real bright (watch his press conferences) and just a terrible coach.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Diaco has had success as D coor in the past hasn't he? Why so horrible here?
His best year at Notre Dame he had multiple NFL draft picks on his D and he had Brian Kelly dictating some of what he did. Talent helps. Losing his mentor this summer sure as hell didn't help him and I think he leaned pretty hard on him.

Exactly, also aside from Spielman and maybe a couple of others, bench the whole team?

The ENTIRE Offensive line is truly OFFENSIVE!

Take away every single Blackshirt and start the #2 and #3 guys because they can’t play any worse than the starters.

Is it possible to take away scholarships from these two groups because they truly play with zero effort. Even I (not even close to being in the prime of my life) could play with more heart and hustle than those guys.

I hate busting on our players but this is worse than the effort of the 2007 team. Didn’t think it was possible but sad to say it’s happening. What new lows will occur next week?
Has a team ever not showed up? That is about to the point this team is at. The players and coaches have given up and checked out. Just going through the motions because they have to.

We’ve been blaming coaches for 15 years every time we see one of these all too frequent games when the team looks like it would rather be anywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT