ADVERTISEMENT

Depth Chart?

I'm saw somewhere that it would've been Sunday or Monday. Frost also said to not make a big deal about the order because some things are fairly fluid.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Safety looks really thin on that front.

I guess Noa Pola-Gates was not "freaky" enough to play this year. I recall Fisher called him a "freak" that and Avery Anderson is nowhere to be found. Kind of crazy how many highly regarded safety prospects left/didn't pan out a la Cam'ron Jones and CJ Smith.

Surprised not to see Andre Hunt listed. He went from first team to out of the Top 9 pretty quick.

giphy.gif

Is Mo Washington going to play on Saturday or are they just listing him on the depth chart..

I guess Noa Pola-Gates was not "freaky" enough to play this year. I recall Fisher called him a "freak" that and Avery Anderson is nowhere to be found. Kind of crazy how many highly regarded safety prospects left/didn't pan out a la Cam'ron Jones and CJ Smith.
Lol, calm down. It's the first depth chart of his first camp.

Safety isn't a position where you can plug in a guy who is physically gifted but still has a ton to learn. A WR blows a route he probably doesn't get thrown to. RB blows a gap read it's a loss of 1. A safety blows an assignment and the other team's band plays.

They didn't post a chart for nickel, dime, quarter packages. They didn't post a chart for special teams. Oh and there are still 3+ months of actual football to play.

Safety especially requires guys to be assignment sound. Tough position for a freshman to break through even if he is a freak

Safety is a little scary. I wonder if Cam Taylor would slide over to safety if one of the starters went down, I know he has been practicing at both safety and CB. Also a little surprised none of the freshman could crack the three deep.

Yes, in reality Lee and C Taylor are the back-up S...Cam is also basically a starter in Nickle

Looks like we’ll get more touches for Wandale earlier than I thought.

Overall pretty excited. Lots of great pieces. Still thin in some spots, but things like QB, RB, WR, & TE look electric.

NPG needs to add some size/strength

Reactions: cornhustler
Safety especially requires guys to be assignment sound. Tough position for a freshman to break through even if he is a freak

He just need more time adjusting, I don’t think the Coaches think Noa Pola- Gates is a bust..

Frost said that we need to not look to hard into this depth chart, because it is listing all the guys who brought it at practice. He said the injured players that did not make it up to speed yet will not be listed. My guess is there is more to Hunt not making the Top 9 than "He just isn't good enough"

Stalbird kid is interesting. All State All-class for both LJS and OWH, but only received D2 offers and a walk-on offer from Wyoming. The kid also wrestled and played soccer. Also played at WR. I suspect he made good use of his RS year and may end up playing quite a bit before he graduates.

Yikes, safety looks pretty thin behind the starters. Surprised at the OLB order and Miller getting the nod at the other ILB spot.

Warner & Hunt seem to have slid a bit.

2 positions scare me

ILB and Center

We are one injury away from being good to not being good at both

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT