ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders to Colorado - OFFICIAL

Rhule better beat 'em next year

For a man who talks about HBCU and the need to support, this seems to show some of the other coaches in the conference who don’t respect him, are correct. Sanders has always been able himself and how he sees others as how they can be of value to him first and foremost.

Will he be successful in Boulder, if he goes there, I’m sure he will be able to get lots of athletes to go there but with more equal levels of talent, wonder how the development from his coaches will be as a difference maker? Where he is at now, those teams are more talented and deeper talented than almost every team on the schedule.

I spoke with a Buff football alum last weekend who said it’s much harder to recruit out of the portal because the higher academic standards at CU…not sure if that is fact but, if true, may make it a bigger challenge for Sanders.
Sanders can't write a sentence. That will be a 1'year deal !!!

I am too. They are going to be sky-high to land him. This development has me starting to wish we weren't playing them so early in the Rhule era which seems strange to say given how bad they've been. Losing to them would be a ball-buster.
Their average score this year was 15-44. They're a middle of the pack FCS team. We'll see what DS can do in the off-season with the portal but he's got his work cut out in year 1.

I remain skeptical on how good a coach he is. How much more talent is he working with than his opponents?

I just love all these people that say “I just love hearing all these ‘I’m hearing people’”
College Accuse GIF

People might want to dismiss this, but Deion is going to be a problem for all of college football. He will recruit elite talent, breed elite confidence, and surround himself with a very good staff.
Does he not know that they’re a Nike school? He swore he would never have anything to do with Nike ever again.

Yep, great hire for the Buffs. Especially if they can address their academic standards to allow more kids to come in thru the portal. Could be a team to reckon with—and unfortunately we’ll be playing them again soon.

Yeah. He may get some talent in there but going to need some coaches as well.
He already has good assistants. Tim Brewster is his OC. Mike Zimmer is an analyst. Deion is not stupid. He has been very outspoken about the difference between big boy football and SWAC

Reactions: king_kong_
Bill McCartney mentioned how tough it was to recruit black athletes to Boulder, I know that it’s been over 20 years ago but I don’t think things have changed that much for a lot of African Americans living in Boulder..

He would be more successful faster at Cincinnati or South Florida where the recruiting area’s are fertile..
Dude was bringing in 4 & 5 stars to Jackson, MS

He is gunna kill it at CU.

Yep, great hire for the Buffs. Especially if they can address their academic standards to allow more kids to come in thru the portal. Could be a team to reckon with—and unfortunately we’ll be playing them again soon.
I read some comments from the AD. The school is addressing the admissions issue. It sounds like CU is picky about taking credit from other schools....so some players have problems transferring and qualifying.

Gotta admit...I am shocked. I have followed Prime from day 1 at JSU. I watch all the games, his videos etc. This just doesn't seem like a good fit culturally. But.....it may be the only step forward that was offered right now.

I read some comments from the AD. The school is addressing the admissions issue. It sounds like CU is picky about taking credit from other schools....so some players have problems transferring and qualifying.

Gotta admit...I am shocked. I have followed Prime from day 1 at JSU. I watch all the games, his videos etc. This just doesn't seem like a good fit culturally. But.....it may be the only step forward that was offered right now.
Understatement of the year.

Prime and Trev would not be a good match
Yeah. let's look at the win totals in 2-3 years and see what a match it would have been. I don't even like prime, but who would you rather play for? Coach Prime or Matt Rhule? It is all about the recruits and Matt Rhule is not exactly considered a good recruiter. But he can develop 2 and 3 star players? Seriously? Come on, man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerfan2112
The problem with hiring Sanders is that if he were successful, he would likely leave for a high profile southern school or the NFL in a couple of years and most of the talented players he recruited would also leave. That would not be good for the program in the long run.

Reactions: RedBaloneyPony
will cu players be allowed to smoke weed on the sidelines during the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT