ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders to Colorado - OFFICIAL

Must be trying to follow the Mel Tucker path. Bring in a bunch of transfers, have one decent season there, and then parlay that into a massive contract at a better program.

Otherwise, it makes no sense. A dude who was a champion for HBCUs, going to coach at one of the whitest places in the country? There are more black people in Laramie, Wyoming than Boulder.

Must be trying to follow the Mel Tucker path. Bring in a bunch of transfers, have one decent season there, and then parlay that into a massive contract at a better program.

Otherwise, it makes no sense. A dude who was a champion for HBCUs, going to coach at one of the whitest places in the country? There are more black people in Laramie, Wyoming than Boulder.
gentrification

ever heard of it

I thought I read where Deion spends a lot of time in Colorado any way at a vacation home he owns. So I wouldn't be that surprised. And Colorado is the P5 option.
Bill McCartney mentioned how tough it was to recruit black athletes to Boulder, I know that it’s been over 20 years ago but I don’t think things have changed that much for a lot of African Americans living in Boulder..

He would be more successful faster at Cincinnati or South Florida where the recruiting area’s are fertile..

Last edited:
So are schools hiring coaches for their coaching skill or their influence, pull power, connections, clout, fame, the show, their charisma to make the school relevant (and keep fans coming back)

I dont know how good of a coach Neion is, nor do I care, but I can see the headlines 'we got our guy, now we get to work' blah blah blah 'get that bag' from every recruit and follower of a recruit.

Hope  we can bring in a bunch of transfers and have a good season. Then build from there.

I thought I read where Deion spends a lot of time in Colorado any way at a vacation home he owns. So I wouldn't be that surprised. And Colorado is the P5 option.
does Dion smoke pot?

My wonderful wife who grew up in Boulder, said she only remembers one black kid in the whole high school...he was the son of a surgeon there. She took a job as a social worker in some of the poorest places in the south later in life...she was shocked when she first went south because that was the first time she had really seen or been around black people and she lol's at her friends who stayed in Boulder and act like they are so tolerant when the truth was and is...most had barely ever met a black person. She also has some very scary stories about reverse racism she endured in the south...the highlight was being locked in a room with violent offenders when she was doing some prison ministry at the time, by black women...they hated her. She was in literal fear for her life as they all just turned around and left her by herself locked in a large room with at least a dozen violent offenders, yes they eventually came back and nothing happened, and this is just one of many stories she could tell about her experience living in the south.

I'm not sure what the ratio of black to white people in Boulder has to do with anything football related. I'd bet there hasn't been a single football player onthe CU roster that's from Boulder in the past 50 years. They get players from Texas and California. And weed is legal in Boulder.

I spoke with a Buff football alum last weekend who said it’s much harder to recruit out of the portal because the higher academic standards at CU…not sure if that is fact but, if true, may make it a bigger challenge for Sanders.
CU grads like to think that, I disagree and I'm one of them. Middle of the road PAC12 school.

Curious to see how he will do. Dynamic personality and he will be able to recruit for sure, but was his success at JSU mostly due to the fact that his team had much better talent than anyone else.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Bill McCartney mentioned how tough it was to recruit black athletes to Boulder, I know that it’s been over 20 years ago but I don’t think things have changed that much for a lot of African Americans living in Boulder..

He would be more successful faster at Cincinnati or South Florida where the recruiting area’s are fertile..
I don't think Neon will have a problem recruiting black athletes anywhere he goes..

Hope he doesn't go to CU, as he will provide a big shot of adrenaline to their recruiting. Outside of Air Force which recruits more nationally, the college football programs in Colorado are in atrocious shape and provide little appeal to the local talent base. I would think Rhule and Co have a good opportunity to come in and get some talent within the proverbial 500 mile radius.

I doubt he has to worry at all about recruiting kids to any where he goes. He's the magnet, not the location.

I don't think Neon will have a problem recruiting black athletes anywhere he goes..
I doubt he has to worry at all about recruiting kids to any where he goes. He's the magnet, not the location.
I wasn’t insinuating he couldn’t attract black players that ‘s a no brained, it’s just more difficult living around there with not a higher percentage of African Americans but there is always Denver too..

I thought black athletes liked white hot hunnies? Boulder run out of them or is it just a bunch of grungy tree huggers with hairy pits and taints left? Haven’t been there since 09 to see for myself

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
I'm not sure what the ratio of black to white people in Boulder has to do with anything football related. I'd bet there hasn't been a single football player onthe CU roster that's from Boulder in the past 50 years. They get players from Texas and California. And weed is legal in Boulder.
You’d lose that bet

Reactions: buckknowsall
I wanted Colorado to hire Ed Orgeron, just for the entertainment value of Ed O. shopping for a mansion in some of Boulder's hoity toity neighborhoods.

This is almost as good.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT