ADVERTISEMENT

Dedrick Mills - JUCO RB - Garden City, KS is N

770 yards as a freshman in that offense is pretty impressive. The option offense that GA Tech runs spreads the ball out to multiple backs. I'm pretty excited about this young man.

In my opinion, this is a pretty big commit. I don't know anything about the kid. I read he got down to 200 lbs. I hope he gets back up to around 220. Just watch the backs for Georgia Tech. This is a Wisconsin type back.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Didn't see this coming at all. Very interesting add, looks like he's very tough to bring down and runs with a really low center of gravity. Surprisingly explosive for how violent a runner he is. Reminds you of those SEC backs for sure, just as happy going around you or right over you.

This dude is RB position all the way. Robinson is definitely that WR/RB hybrid. Different skillsets on those two guys.

Didn't see this coming at all. Very interesting add, looks like he's very tough to bring down and runs with a really low center of gravity. Surprisingly explosive for how violent a runner he is. Reminds you of those SEC backs for sure, just as happy going around you or right over you.

This dude is RB position all the way. Robinson is definitely that WR/RB hybrid. Different skillsets on those two guys.

If this young man has hands, he's an every down back. 780 yards as a freshman, in an offense predicated on rushing makes me a bit more silly than a 5 star. I hope he has mastered his problems.

GBR

I read that yesterday. It's kind of funny, and I am adamantly opposed to testing for pot. It's a far better painkiller than most of the meds football players eventually get hooked on, and its legal in numerous states now.

I would much rather my team pass a bong around before bed than drink a ton, party too hard, or start popping opiates.

Just saying.

I read that yesterday. It's kind of funny, and I am adamantly opposed to testing for pot. It's a far better painkiller than most of the meds football players eventually get hooked on, and its legal in numerous states now.

I would much rather my team pass a bong around before bed than drink a ton, party too hard, or start popping opiates.

Just saying.

How hard is it to know the rules and follow the rules? Especially when you have almost everything on the line like this kid?

Just saying.
Doubt the kid was using weed for pain management, but in general I agree with you.

Doubt the kid was using weed for pain management, but in general I agree with you.

Could be. Younger players probably have less need for painkillers, I guess, and are more into the recreational aspect of it.

I remember reading about NFL players playing for the Bronco's that were super into it, specifically because "Hey, my job is to run as fast as I can into another huge dude running as fast as he can right at me. My body hurts, and this really, really helps and I don't want to become addicted to painkillers that will ruin my life."

But, the NFL prohibits it, so even though it was legal where they were (and Peyton Manning was happily making tons of money with his Papa John's franchises, with a wink and a nod that part of that had to do with pot being legal now), they were not allowed to use it. Seems wrong to me.

How hard is it to know the rules and follow the rules? Especially when you have almost everything on the line like this kid?

It's not hard to follow the rules... but hey we all make mistakes and that's a life lesson. Most college players are under 21 and if get caught drinking can face a suspension (violating team rules) as well, especially if police are involved. Doesn't really matter where you stand on the weed issue, whether it's the University of Nebraska, Florida, Michigan or your future employer in the real world... if that's their policy you know what you're getting yourself into. If weed or drinking is MORE important to you...fire away and go play video games.

Weed is relatively benign substance, but it is also not difficult to abstain from partaking in it. Failing the first drug test should have been a wake up call. The kid didn't have his priorities straight at GaTech and payed a huge price for it.

We had a 45-year-old Assistant Coach get his 3rd DUI not too long ago. He kept his job.

This kid has paid a price for his mistakes. He's stayed clean the last 2 years. I'm sure he'll have a zero tolerance policy under this staff.

If this young man has hands, he's an every down back. 780 yards as a freshman, in an offense predicated on rushing makes me a bit more silly than a 5 star. I hope he has mastered his problems.

GBR
He's of the Royce Freeman and LeGarrett Blount mold they recruited to the offense in Oregon. He definitely has a place in this offense.

Mind you, that 780 yards was with him missing 3 games due to two separate suspensions - one game for oversleeping, two games for failed test. He amassed those yards in 11 games.

Maybe someone stated this, because I haven't gone back to the first page, but he also was the Gator Bowl MVP, rushing for 169 yards on 31 carries. No one else had over 10 carries. He was a Freshman All-American and a preseason All-ACC.

Also, he runs like a fricking jack hammer - this is a post on twitter of him CRUSHING a safety coming to fill a gap last Saturday

If he can stay eligible, he'll be really good for us.

Ironic you have a picture of William "D Fens" Foster from the movie Falling Down. He didn't follow the rules! Breakfast was over 3 minutes ago!

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I forget how they do this; why isn't he listed on the commitment list yet?

You got to love seeing Mills play as a true freshman on a D1 football and actually a solid Georgia Tech team. he rushed for almost 800 yards and what 12 TDs??? Sounds like the talent is definitely there, now hopefully he’s fixed and shores up his person issues that lead to being dismissed from GT.

So his profile now says 4-star, but it isn't showing up on the commitment list. What's the skinny?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT