Daylight savings is dumb...

Get rid of Daylight Savings time?

• Yes

Votes: 77 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
I get to drive home during daylight but I also hate the switch

I understand it may have helped the farmers back in the day. And helped during 2 WWars but it's just not needed anymore.

Farmers did not want Daylight Savings, in fact they lobbied against it for years.

It was actually the golf industry that lobbied to extend Daylight Savings

Farmers did not want Daylight Savings, in fact they lobbied against it for years.

It was actually the golf industry that lobbied to extend Daylight Savings
Z4hm.gif

I think the majority now is against the twice annual time changes. But yet it persists. A puzzler.

Personally I'd be happy with making either "normal" or "daylight savings" time permanent. I'd don't care which. Just stop forcing us to keep changing the damn clocks.

I think the majority now is against the twice annual time changes. But yet it persists. A puzzler.

Personally I'd be happy with making either "normal" or "daylight savings" time permanent. I'd don't care which. Just stop forcing us to keep changing the damn clocks.

If we made Daylight Savings permanent, the sun wouldn't rise until 9am in December.

If we got rid of Daylight Savings, it would be one fewer hour of Daylight in the Spring and Summer for outdoor activities after work.

I'm fine with keeping it the way it is.

If we got rid of Daylight Savings, it would be one fewer hour of Daylight in the Spring and Summer for outdoor activities after work.
As someone who gets up at 0400/0430 for work, it would be nice in my book for the sun to set earlier in the summer.

Who gives a sht.

It doesn't hurt you either way.
Con: Can Make People Sick
Changing the time, even if it is only by one hour, disrupts our body clocks or circadian rhythm. For most people, the resulting tiredness is simply an inconvenience. For some, however, the time change can have more serious consequences to their health.

I think we should just keep springing forward twice every year. If we're going to f up our circadian rhythm twice every year, we may as well go for the full monty.

Con: Can Make People Sick
Changing the time, even if it is only by one hour, disrupts our body clocks or circadian rhythm. For most people, the resulting tiredness is simply an inconvenience. For some, however, the time change can have more serious consequences to their health.

However, the counter happens during fall back.

BENV8M1.gif

I'd rather it be daylight savings time all the time. Would much rather have the extra hour of daylight after work hours than before.

Astrophysicists would not be fans of taking time out and not putting it back in.

I understand it may have helped the farmers back in the day. And helped during 2 WWars but it's just not needed anymore.
Excuse me. Daylight savings time was more about golf courses than farmers.

For the morons that voted yes... do you not enjoy throwing the ball around with your son or daughter an extra hour as the weather gets warmer? 7:30 and we are still tossing the ball around. I love day light savings time.

If we made Daylight Savings permanent, the sun wouldn't rise until 9am in December.

I'm fine with keeping it the way it is.
9am? Where do you live?

I would prefer DST year round, but can understand the northern folks not liking it when the sun wouldn’t rise before 9 am for 2 months out of the year and would rise after 8 half the year.

Change my mind.

One day you may find a girl drunk enough to have sex with you which may lead to a kid. Said kid will enjoy the extra daylight to play catch with you or other children.

I know having to change that damn car clock is difficult twice per year for your monkey brain, but there are a lot of solid YouTube videos that can walk you through it.

Reactions: Oiler402
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT