ADVERTISEMENT

Dana Holgorson

He’s like’s to wing it a lot in the air raid type offense from what I remember..
He’s done both, his year at Oklahoma State produced 350 in the air, 180 on the ground. With a 1500 yard rusher. He was one of the first to break out the diamond formation in the pistol, and added a lot of motion and jet sweep from the conventional air raid.

At WVU he played to his strengths that he had, in 2016 he ran 58% of the time. He consistently has evolved his approach.

With all that said, his Houston tenure was pretty disappointing, and his offense was a big part of that. They were held to 28 or under in 7 of 9 Big 12 games this year.

Would be a fantastic add to the staff
Besides what he knows about offense his big thing is that he does not shrivel up like a bitch while calling plays.

The HARDEST part about calling plays is the risk/reward. I called D for 20 years...I had to call O for like 3 years and I HATED IT! I was such a pussy with my calls. I was basically that kid from Iowa.

Dana is balls out.

Besides what he knows about offense his big thing is that he does not shrivel up like a bitch while calling plays.

The HARDEST part about calling plays is the risk/reward. I called D for 20 years...I had to call O for like 3 years and I HATED IT! I was such a pussy with my calls. I was basically that kid from Iowa.

Dana is balls out.
I wonder if he is an analyst but would love it if he's the Co-OC/qb coach. Have to imagine he's only here temporarily, which would tend to lead towards an analyst. Either way I love it.

I was hoping the Steelers would get beat so the Glen Thomas rumor would resolve itself.

He’s done both, his year at Oklahoma State produced 350 in the air, 180 on the ground. With a 1500 yard rusher. He was one of the first to break out the diamond formation in the pistol, and added a lot of motion and jet sweep from the conventional air raid.

At WVU he played to his strengths that he had, in 2016 he ran 58% of the time. He consistently has evolved his approach.

With all that said, his Houston tenure was pretty disappointing, and his offense was a big part of that. They were held to 28 or under in 7 of 9 Big 12 games this year.
He may not have had the players to pull off his game plan. It isn’t ALWAYS scheme.

Watched West Virginia for twenty years while we were there. Absolutely loved that offense, they were some how blessed to find good coaches successively the entire time we were there. A very fast, exciting offense, I think it would be a great move to get Holgerson on the staff in any capacity. GBR.

Reactions: headcard
I was wondering of we even any openings to be able to hire another coach? I thought we were at 11 already?
No opening for an official assistant unless someone leaves OR the fill in for TE coach goes back to non-coach status. But quality control/analyst type positions are always possible.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I knew a lot of the coaches from Rich rods and Stoops staffs when they were at Arizona...they had great Holgerson stories.
Sounds like he could have kept up with Frank’s and Bo’s staffs. It’s not an uncommon trait for college coaches.

Rumors he is in town and may be helping the O. Huge if true. He’s a stud on offense.
jonah hill GIF

So much truth to this. I remember thinking the same thing. The top programs are bringing in fired D1 coaches as analysts and we’re bringing in bank executives to run our offense, bank execs that never did shit when they actually were coaching. These type of hires are what big boy schools do. Bringing in golf pros, bankers and washed up wizards from Hogwarts’ are what amateurs do. Amateurs that are guessing and hoping they make the right next move, as opposed to professionals, who’ve done it before and know they’re making the right moves.

So much truth to this. I remember thinking the same thing. The top programs are bringing in fired D1 coaches as analysts and we’re bringing in bank executives to run our offense, bank execs that never did shit when they actually were coaching. These type of hires are what big boy schools do. Bringing in golf pros, bankers and washed up wizards from Hogwarts’ are what amateurs do. Amateurs that are guessing and hoping they make the right next move, as opposed to professionals, who’ve done it before and know they’re making the right moves.
My main problem with Lubbick is that he quit coaching due to being burned out. So a year off and your totally ready for the grind again? Sounds like someone who isn't all in. He's an analyst at Kansas now, probably more his style.

Dude, I would have loved to get 28 pts a game this year!!! Sign me up!

Reactions: BleedRed78
No, want someone with better hairline.
Dana has very weird hair and I have no hair so I think I can speak well on the subject. His hair is too thin to have it as long as it. He insists on wearing a visor and then it gets sweaty and looks like sh*t. Dana, cut it all off and start wearing a baseball hat. Give it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT