ADVERTISEMENT

Dana Holgorson

So much truth to this. I remember thinking the same thing. The top programs are bringing in fired D1 coaches as analysts and we’re bringing in bank executives to run our offense, bank execs that never did shit when they actually were coaching. These type of hires are what big boy schools do. Bringing in golf pros, bankers and washed up wizards from Hogwarts’ are what amateurs do. Amateurs that are guessing and hoping they make the right next move, as opposed to professionals, who’ve done it before and know they’re making the right moves.
You’re living in the past man, that was a few years ago. Does it explain some of the struggles Nebraska has had? Yes. But it’s old news.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
You’re living in the past man, that was a few years ago. Does it explain some of the struggles Nebraska has had? Yes. But it’s old news.

Just talking ball on a message board Cappy. But I guess that’s “living in the past”. 🙄

Reactions: Laner2
Just talking ball on a message board Cappy. But I guess that’s “living in the past”. 🙄
You are dwelling on negativity from Mike Riley era. And talking like it’s present day. What you are saying is correct but why can’t you move on? Do you like staying with the pain

Cross laminated timber? Wtf does that mean
Cross laminated timber is a wood product where they take layers of structural grade lumber and arrange crosswise and glued together. It has a strength-to-weight ratio that's comparable to concrete but clearly much lighter. It’s pretty expensive for the material (similar to Steel or concrete), but, in building a home or other structure, the labor to install is less expensive than concrete or steel

His skullet is sometimes fantastic.

Not like every day, but in the summer, when nobody is watching and he is paying golf.

Well, nope, not even then.

I'm still confused how somebody ends up with a Skullet. Were you beaten as a child, or does some mob have money on you to wear your hair like that?
He is from Iowa

Sorry, but it is crazy to have Marcus Satterfield as the OC when Dana Holgorsen is sitting in an office as an "analyst." Holgorsen has put up "basketball on grass" type numbers.
PEDANT WARNING: This post contains extreme pedantry, and may not be suitable for all audiences.

At last. The correct spelling of his name. Hallelujah. Thank goodness I don't have to read anymore about that guy named "Simms," whoever he was.

Cross laminated timber is a wood product where they take layers of structural grade lumber and arrange crosswise and glued together. It has a strength-to-weight ratio that's comparable to concrete but clearly much lighter. It’s pretty expensive for the material (similar to Steel or concrete), but, in building a home or other structure, the labor to install is less expensive than concrete or steel
You can learn so much on this board. Who knew!
😉

PEDANT WARNING: This post contains extreme pedantry, and may not be suitable for all audiences.

At last. The correct spelling of his name. Hallelujah. Thank goodness I don't have to read anymore about that guy named "Simms," whoever he was.
Dillon Rayola is coming so no worries!! He's gonna ware Tommy Frasier's 15 too! I hope Jayson Peters will go soft on him

• Haha
Reactions: huskerfan66
Sorry, but it is crazy to have Marcus Satterfield as the OC when Dana Holgorsen is sitting in an office as an "analyst." Holgorsen has put up "basketball on grass" type numbers.
The first thought that came to mind is Dana could be a quick replacement for Satterfield if the offense starts off slow on offense. And yes Matt has fired his OC mid year before.

Having Dana on staff and Satterfield calling the plays still is like batting Steve Balboni in the 7th game of the World Series in the bottom of the 9th down 2 with bases loaded and 2 outs vs pinch hitting David Ortiz. Just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Maybe Satterfield will just be Dana’s Surrogate.

The first thought that came to mind is Dana could be a quick replacement for Satterfield if the offense starts off slow on offense. And yes Matt has fired his OC mid year before.

Having Dana on staff and Satterfield calling the plays still is like batting Steve Balboni in the 7th game of the World Series in the bottom of the 9th down 2 with bases loaded and 2 outs vs pinch hitting David Ortiz. Just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Regardless, if he joins the staff in any capacity, the rest of the offensive staff will learn a ton.

I would find out what Holgorsen wants to do and make it work. If he wants to be the OC/QB coach at Nebraska then I think you bring him in and let him cook. Satterfield seems like Rhule's long-term guy, but he has to realize Holgorsen is at another level and he should take the opportunity to learn if he wants to be great someday.

On the other hand, maybe Holgorsen just wants to be an analyst, or a part-time consultant, or even a one-time consultant on some specific issue(s), with an eye towards returning to head coaching sooner rather than later. In that case you take what you can get and you are still better off.

Last edited:
Dana has very weird hair and I have no hair so I think I can speak well on the subject. His hair is too thin to have it as long as it. He insists on wearing a visor and then it gets sweaty and looks like sh*t. Dana, cut it all off and start wearing a baseball hat. Give it up.

schitts creek lol GIF by CBC

My main problem with Lubbick is that he quit coaching due to being burned out. So a year off and your totally ready for the grind again? Sounds like someone who isn't all in. He's an analyst at Kansas now, probably more his style.
He may have been burned out here, but not with coaching football.
I am not in the Frost was the devil crowd but the dynamic between him and Lubbick was rotten. Frost never let him do what he wanted.

Any thread is quality if there a Steve Balboni reference.

He may have been burned out here, but not with coaching football.
I am not in the Frost was the devil crowd but the dynamic between him and Lubbick was rotten. Frost never let him do what he wanted.
Huh? He quit at Washington because he was burned out and took a job at a bank, in Colorado I believe, until Frost coaxed him back into CFB.

Posters on Reddit are claiming Holgersen and Satt will share play calling duties. I could see that, but with Holgersen the de facto OC. If he has success here he’ll take the next HC job available to him. We will have Satt for a long time whether we like it or not.

I would find out what Holgorsen wants to do and make it work. If he wants to be the OC/QB coach at Nebraska then I think you bring him in and let him cook. Satterfield seems like Rhule's long-term guy, but he has to realize Holgorsen is at another level and he should take the opportunity to learn if he wants to be great someday.

On the other hand, maybe Holgorsen just wants to be an analyst, or a part-time consultant, or even a one-time consultant on some specific issue(s), with an eye towards returning to head coaching sooner rather than later. In that case you take what you can get and you are still better off.
I think a low visibility analyst role would be very attractive for a guy like him. Virtually no pressure and he wouldn’t have to recruit.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
Posters on Reddit are claiming Holgersen and Satt will share play calling duties. I could see that, but with Holgersen the de facto OC. If he has success here he’ll take the next HC job available to him. We will have Satt for a long time whether we like it or not.
I'd be shocked by this for a lot of reasons

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Go ahead and keep bitching about 2015 or 2016. The program has moved on and isn’t operating like that.
old news? moved on?

didn't we just go 5-7 while not spending the publicly stated allotment for assistant coaches?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT